Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Benimar wrote: »
    You're the optimistic one :D

It only needs to last 35-40 days or so..ok it could see transfer deadline day...well might see transfer deadline day..

Just watching the Melbourne game repeated on Setanta. Borini and Sterling in particular look to have impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

There was an Opta stat at the end of the season that showed if every team who had hit the woodwork had actually scored the table would have finished:
    1. United
    2. City
    3. Spurs
    4. Liverpool
    5. Arsenal

We really screwed up last summer letting Carroll go and not getting another striker in. We only had 2 points out of our first 5 games.
    I can't see that happening again.

We are not a million miles away from Spurs and Arsenal. If Suarez would give us one more season and we added to the current squad we could give 4th a real go this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

btw I also think the converse idea that we suffer austerity now to build for a time in our future when our now profitable club gives us money to invest is just as much of a gamble if not more of one for all of the reasons I outlined in the last post. Neither risk the long term viability of the club, the only difference in my eyes is the gamble now has a far higher chance of paying off than down the line when we finally have money to invest but have to try building a team from scratch to crack the top four which has spent a further 2/3 years without CL football. I also wonder about the kind of commercial deals we will be attracting relative to the kind of ones we've done over the last year if we spend another couple of seasons not doing very much on the football field.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

dfx- wrote: »
    Just watching the Melbourne game repeated on Setanta. Borini and Sterling in particular look to have impressed.

Borini only really got going in the second half, got crowded out in the first.

Sterling and Ibe were very good, Allen and Gerrard as well, and Wisdom.
    Main positive is that the good showings aren't all coming from established players like Agger, GlenJo or Lucas. Gives us a better feel for our squad depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    We haven't upgraded our starting 11 in any significant way. We might come in and around last year's total with the current squad and be a few points either side depending on how well we run with suspensions / injuries / bounce of the ball.

In my eyes our defence is no worse than last season. Same pros and cons exists.

Our midfield is no better than last season. Same weaknesses are still there for my money.

Our attack is slightly better right now imho, as we have a bit more depth/cover than how we started last season.

So based on that I think we will see an improvement on our points total.

But, and it is a massive but, we will not see the kind of improvement most of us crave until the obvious happens. The obvious of course is the purchase of two or three more players capable of improving the starting XI, especially the defence and midfield imho.

I don't doubt that there are many on here that would claim our starting XI (assuming everyone we have right now was 100% fit and available) contained maybe 8 or 9 players that could match the best in the league. Personally I don't subscribe to that view as I think many of our top players are only so on paper and I have said that many times last season and the season before that.

But I do genuinely believe that the squad as of today is a little stronger than what finished the season, and I think that little bit will translate into some extra points.

Now right now I think those extra points will not be enough to allow us to compete for a CL slot, but that is tough titties on Rodgers from where I sit as I will not be changing my expectation up or down from where it was a month or two ago.

But if, and I am moving into your ifs and maybes territory now, we bring in some genuine quality in the next month or so, then my belief in my own personal expectation for the coming season being met will increase.

You seem to really like trying to pin people down before each season starts by looking for a points total or finishing position that would be that person's minimum expectation ( as opposed to their hope) for the coming season. Well I answered you a few months ago (and again today) by saying my minimum expectation for the 2013/14 season is to be where Spurs were last season with two games to go. That is to be in with a very realistic chance of a CL slot with two games to go. Any cup win would be a bonus on top of this minimum expectation but I would not expect top be out of both cups early.

So what is your own minimum expectation for the new season and why, if it differes greatly from mine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Chelsea beating Indonesia 8-0.

We only beat them 2-0.

Which obviously means Chelsea will beat us 6-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    In fairness, there's nothing to suggest as yet there'll be an improvment on last year. The signings so far have been just ok. Big players need to come into the team to push us on. Plus it looks likely we are losing our best player.

A negative outlook by some could be seen as a realistic one by others.

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle though.

Though we haven't made any outstanding signings so far, there are still reasons to be optimistic.

You would hope that Coutinho and Sturridge continue to show the form that so impressed in Suarez absence.

Sterling has looked so bright in pre-season. He could be a more regular fixture in the side than many expect. Ibe is a fantastic addition to the squad.

Wisdom will be one to watch for me this season. I think he has all the makings of a great centre half.

The return of Kelly is important, he looks so assured defensively, might put Johnson under serious pressure.

Joe Allen I think will be a good player for us this season. Lucas will be fit and ready to go.

Thats before we mention new additions to the side.

Pedalstool wrote: »
    It took Man City half a billion and 3 years? When they did get there they still weren't able to compete..

I know you mean to support the counter argument but this is the whole point in a nutshell towards Lloyd's side. For a club to do this from nothing is almost impossible without spending megabucks. We were in a position that we had already the underlying stuff in place due to our relatively successful period and just needed a decent to large injection. In the coming years we'll be trying to emulate City's success from their old position only without the huge fortune. How do people not see this?

Opr

djPSB wrote: »

We only beat them 2-0.

No, it means they are 4 times better than us, so they would beat us 4-1, or 0-0 (since 4 x 0 = 0!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

dogbert27 wrote: »
    There was an Opta stat at the end of the season that showed if every team who had hit the woodwork had actually scored the table would have finished:
    1. United
    2. City
    3. Spurs
    4. Liverpool
    5. Arsenal

Those shots aren't on target though ;)

I was merely responding to the post suggesting that I was out on my own on this stuff. I'm not.

Who agrees or disagrees with you should not come into it. Same goes for everyone else on here.

I do not really give a toss if one, one hundred or none agree with my take on the club. As long as I remember not to be rude to them about their differing opinion, something I did not always remember, and they show me the same courtesy it is all cool. Hell one or the other might even see things in a new light thanks to disagreeing on something.

I actually think that you are a more interesting poster than many might give you credit for, and you come across as being far from being a nodding dog type. Just give your take as always, and stand by that and that alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

@Kess, that is what the club's min expectation SHOULD be, but I'm struggling to see how our actions to date are aligning with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

@Kess, that is what the club's min expectation SHOULD be, but I'm struggling to see how our actions to date are aligning with that.

Not being smart here and considering the transfer window is still open, what should the club have done differently in the last 4-6 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Some Twitter News:
    Gary Jacob (@garyjacob)
    7/25/13, 11:23 AM
    Cardiff bid £8.5m plus £1.5 in add-ons for Etienne Capoue accepted by Toulouse. Redknapp was watched him at THFC but player lost his way

Gary Jacob (@garyjacob)
    7/25/13, 10:58 AM
    Roma wants £17m for Osvaldo from Fulham.

Sánto (@Zizouology)
    7/25/13, 12:19 PM
    Bernard is definitely leaving. Seems like his destination has been already planned. His agent Adriano Spadoto tweeted: "Perfect Farewell!"

Some more Suarez...
    LiverpoolFC News (@LFCTransferNRS)
    7/25/13, 12:39 PM
    According to Chief Sports Writer of Telegraph @_PaulHayward, he 'doubts' that Luis Suarez would join Arsenal.

7/25/13, 11:20 AM
    Luis Suarez has been accused of "using Arsenal" to engineer a move to Bayern or Real Madrid.. (SportsDirect News)

djPSB wrote: »

We only beat them 2-0.

No it means they are four times better than us. But that is then countered by GavBlueKing having a Justin Bieber poster up in his kitchen.

So Chelsea = (Liverpool x4) minus (GavBlueKing + Bieber Poster)

which pretty much boils down to Yosser Hughes times Pinneapple Dance studio.

So Liverpool are better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

T-K-O wrote: »
    Not being smart here and considering the transfer window is still open, what should the club have done differently in the last 4-6 weeks?

Signed someone who significantly improves our team?

The window remains open

opr wrote: »
    I know you mean to support the counter argument but this is the whole point in a nutshell towards Lloyd's side. For a club to do this from nothing is almost impossible without spending megabucks. We were in a position that we had already the underlying stuff in place due to our relatively successful period and just needed a decent to large injection. In the coming years we'll be trying to emulate City's success from their old position only without the huge fortune. How do people not see this?

Opr

Are you saying the club should put itself into debt to fund this major transfer investment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

:confused:

What does that mean exactly? It's a discussion forum. People have opinions. I think my opinion is correct because it's the opinion I reached.

I mean that before a ball has been kicked in anger for the new season and so based on a sample size of zero you seem confident that we wont improve on last seasons points total and that anyone going into next season with an inkling of optimism is deluded.

Equally Kess before a ball has been kicked in anger for the new season and thus based on a sample size of zero seems confident we will and believes you are wrong.

Neither viewpoint is inherently wrong , both are based on if, buts and maybe's, but based on the bolded bits it feels to me like you believe being negative is inherently more valid then being optimistic.

Some more Suarez...
    Quote:
    7/25/13, 12:39 PM
    According to Chief Sports Writer of Telegraph @_PaulHayward, he 'doubts' that Luis Suarez would join Arsenal.

7/25/13, 11:20 AM
    Luis Suarez has been accused of "using Arsenal" to engineer a move to Bayern or Real Madrid.. (SportsDirect News)

genius_meme_starring_raiden_by_simony17y-d5t9oce.png

• Advertisement

T-K-O wrote: »

If the club keeps Suarez and signs another two players to go into the first team then nothing. Chances of that happening? People keep talking about the doom mongering but all of us on the other side of the fence would be as over the moon as any fan if that was the end result of this summer, at the moment though it looks fairy tale stuff.

Opr

Don't care what should be or what might be.

I asked you what your minimum expectations were for the coming season, same as you asked me for mine last May.

Not asking what the club's expectations should be, I am asking for what is the minimum end season result that you expect to see come the end of May 2014.

If the club keeps Suarez and signs another two players to go into the first team then nothing. Chances of that happening? People keep talking about the doom mongering but all of us on the other side of the fence would be as over the moon as any fan if that was the end result of this summer, at the moment though it looks fairy tale stuff.

Opr

Of course. We all want the same thing. Personally I think there is every chance we will sign the 2 starters or potentially 3 if Luis legs it to Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Our signings haven't even played a competitive game yet for Liverpool and you are already saying they are no improvement......

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

5starpool wrote: »
    We are not really in proper contention for an EL slot through the league at the moment either as that is only 5th barring a top 5 team winning one of the cups, which they usually do in fairness, but still. 5th is more likely than 4th obviously, but not that much more so at the moment. 5 weeks left though to change things, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to have about 8 different unshakeable opinions in that timeframe! I'll also be heading to 3 games before the window closes (including the testimonial), but I'll happily (or not so, as the case may be) rabble rouse in here for the time being.

Apart from all the other 40 day periods that have been ore important, this is without doubt the most important 40 day period in our clubs existence!
    Kess73 wrote: »
    I can only assume you are not being serious with your closing line and you are just taking the pee out of people who trot out a variation of that line a number of times every season.

Read the first half of the closing paragraph. It should clear that up for you. ;)

Are you saying the club should put itself into debt to fund this major transfer investment?

I don't really care how we fund it. Debt among Liverpool fans has become something with massive negative connotations due to the exploits of the two cowboys. The reality is in business and in football that debt can be used very well and is a necessary evil in many cases. If the debt is being used to invest in the football club at a level we can support then no I wouldn't have problem with it. If John and Tom want to supply us with a few low interest loans then that would be all the better ;)

Opr

I think that the earlier Marca Twit was Taken out of Context.
    False nines and half-truths

Higuaín is off to Naples and Real Madrid is not going to sign a number '9', even if Ibrahimovic and Luis Suárez were begging for a place. The 'Los Blancos' club is set on opting for home-grown talents, Morata and Jesé, as replacements for 'El Pipa' with the convincing argument: "We believe in them and they deserve this opportunity. They are also very good. If Higuaín leaves, we are not going to sign a new forward".

This is what is called a half-truth, common currency in the complex relationship between a journalist and club management. Because not bringing in a new forward is one thing and not bringing in a goalscorer is quite another matter. Which Bale is. In fact, last season he scored 26 goals in the Premier League, to Luis Suarez's 30 and the fractious Ibra's 33.

To me, Higuaín has always seemed like a great attacker and his progression over the six and a half seasons that he has sported the white shirt has been huge. He may not be the undisputed forward to carry Real Madrid if we take CR7 out of the equation, although he has always complained of lack of continuity, citing his goal/min ratio. In any case, it is understandable for him to want to play in a team that ensures him the star status he believes he deserves.

We should not forget, however, that Real Madrid's top scorer over recent years has been Cristiano, with 50 goals per campaign, from the wing to boot. Gareth Bale does not play out front either, but has exceeded the 20 goals averaged by 'El Pipita'. What I'm trying to say is, it does not matter whether the cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/24/en/football/real_madrid/1374696070.html

I don't really care how we fund it. Debt among Liverpool fans has become something with massive negative connotations due to the exploits of the two cowboys. The reality is in business and in football that debt can be used very well and is a necessary evil in many cases. If the debt is being used to invest in the football club at a level we can support then no I wouldn't have problem with it. If John and Tom want to supply us with a few low interest loans then that would be all the better ;)

Opr

Well lets say FSG herald your advice and decide to spend significantly in order to push us towards the CL quickly, who should they be signing that could do this?

I think its very difficult to find the type of players that would significantly improve us.

I mean that before a ball has been kicked in anger for the new season and so based on a sample size of zero you seem confident that we wont improve on last seasons points total and that anyone going into next season with an inkling of optimism is deluded.

Equally Kess before a ball has been kicked in anger for the new season and thus based on a sample size of zero seems confident we will and believes you are wrong.

Neither viewpoint is inherently wrong , both are based on if, buts and maybe's, but based on the bolded bits it feels to me like you believe being negative is inherently more valid then being optimistic.

Technically Lloyd's take has a greater chance of beiing proven correct, and my take has a lesser chance of being proven correct.:D

The short version of what I said is that I think based on the current squad that we will see a small improvement on the points total from the season just gone.

Lloyd said, and I am paraphrasing, that we might see a similar points total, or one that is a bit lower or a bit higher. So Lloyd will be proven correct as long as there is no great jump or great fall in the points total.

All based on the squad as it is today of course.

5starpool wrote: »
    Read the first half of the closing paragraph. It should clear that up for you. ;)

Count how many fingers I have raised. :P

In this forum one really has to ask sometimes with regards to post content, hence my earlier question to your good self. :D

• Advertisement

Kopwatch (@KOPWATCH)
    7/24/13, 3:47 PM
    How can @piersmorgan cry for #Suarez after all this - pic.twitter.com/EIGyLfN4Zn Shame on him #LFC #Arsenal
    BP8KWxSCIAI1Zy5.png:large

Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan)
    7/25/13, 10:59 AM
    Come on #Suarez - let's do this. #afc

Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan)
    7/25/13, 11:23 AM
    If Wenger and Gazidis pull off the #Suarez signing, we're back in the big leagues. If they don't, more miserable mediocrity beckons. #afc

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

If it means a quicker return to the CL and the massive earning potential that brings then yes. With new sponsorship deals, extra TV revenue the club shouldn't be scared of some debt. £40-50m is not ridiculous debt if it pushes the club forward.

Anyone wrote: »
    Our signings haven't even played a competitive game yet for Liverpool and you are already saying they are no improvement......

And despite them not having played a competitive game I am saying they are a slight improvement in terms of squad strength.

How is my take any more or any less valid than the posts of Lloyd you are responding to?

Nice vid of Teixeira from yesterday's game - looks very good with a little space!

I think he's grown a little? Used to look very short on the pitch...

Well lets say FSG herald your advice and decide to spend significantly in order to push us towards the CL quickly, who should they be signing that could do this?

I think its very difficult to find the type of players that would significantly improve us.

That's a side alley towards the argument. It's the job of that shinny new transfer team that was put in place to find those players but first we need the money. While we're not shopping in the top tier I've no doubts players like Soldado, Ericsson, Martinez, Wijnaldum and many, many others would improve the first team. The caveat to all that is that we keep Suarez as replacing him as well this summer with enough quality to push for the top four I think would be an impossible task.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Improving the first 11
    We seem to be trying to do that at the moment. Until the window closes we can't make a call one way or the other. Just because there isn't a story in the rags doesn't mean that we're not trying.

The squad is also important and can't just be ignored.
    It was terrible last season. We had nobody of any use on the bench most of the time.
    We spent 20m net but we slashed wages and left the squad unbalanced to start the season.
    Including wages in and out it's still in the region of 15-20m nett.
    We also spent another 20m or so nett in the winter.

We were definitely left unbalance and Rodgers has admitted as much. A mistake. But given that it's a long term project and we basically had no goals last season given the gap in class between us and the top 4, it's not really that important in the grand scheme of things.

What was important to take from last season is that some groundwork was laid and we made progress in the only metric that matters - the league.
    Yes - Allen and Borini were poor purchases

That remains to be seen. Did they contribute much last season? Well no. But injury was a big part of that. Even if they were just bad, in a 3 year project signings don't necessarily have to mature as soon as you get them.
    Allen is 23 and Borini is 22.
    If, for example, we signed a player in their peak for big money and they didn't perform it would be far easier to call that mistake after 1 season because the goals for that signing were very different.
    That's why it doesn't make sense to go for Soldado now. We're not in a position to make that decision pay off by reaching the CL.
    Yes - with TV Deal in the equation there is flexibility to spend more. I think the club is going to start showing profit in future sets of accounts. As Opr says, waiting for that to happen before you spend is bad business

I think that we were still running at a loss last season and despite that we spent 30-40m nett.
    That's not what you'd call penny pinching. It remains to be seen what we'll go on to do this year.

To address the overall point, you're saying that a long term approach wouldn't work, no?

The obvious counter-point is a short term approach. That would entail spending the whole budget on players like Soldado - who can come straight into the team and hopefully push you towards CL. The problem is that if it doesn't work the club is ****ed. It's mortgaging the future of the club against the low probability of success (CL). It's a low probability because we're still currently far behind the other 2 teams we're competing with despite making up 7 points on each of them last season.

What I'd contend is that the way things currently are we have no chance getting CL. Not this season. Probably not next season or the season after. We just don't have the resources.
    We're relying on either Spurs or Arsenal suffering from a collapse and us massively overachieving. While it's possible, it's not sustainable and it's not likely.
    The option of going long term and getting the basis of a young team so that we're reasonably well placed to spring into action should such a collapse happen to others around us is the least risky and most sensible option.
    At worst, we keep on ticking over and settle in the position that this club currently deserves from a financial point of view - 5th - and we don't accrue loads of debt. Maybe we even get a new stadium built. Maybe we can have a shot at domestic trophies or the EL? At best we get a bit of luck and are given an opportunity to sneak back into the top 4.

I always thought that the idea of settling for mid-table mediocrity was overly pessimistic but settling for 5th/6th is the only realistic option at the moment imo. Anything better just seems like fantasy to me.

Up until Chelsea came along it felt like almost anyone could challenge for the league or could make the top 4. Then a mini league was created and added to with City coming on the scene. Arsenal had to settle for top 4 with the odd title push. We're going to have to settle for top 6 with odd CL push. At least until the stadium is built or some shady scumbag buys us.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Nice vid of Teixeira from yesterday's game - looks very good with a little space!

After that very bad injury last season I don't think he ever got up to full speed and we only saw glimpses of his talent. Proper pre-season and a decent amount of football behind him I'd be hoping to see him really kick on this year.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Tribute to Reina :D
    998416_619175358114477_1082188880_n.jpg

That's a side alley towards the argument. It's the job of that shinny new transfer team that was put in place to find those players but first we need the money. While we're not shopping in the top tier I've no doubts players like Soldado, Ericsson, Martinez, Wijnaldum and many, many others would improve the first team. The caveat to all that is that we keep Suarez as replacing him as well this summer with enough quality to push for the top four I think would be an impossible task.

Opr

I think they identified Mkhitaryan and his story is a case in point for the trouble the club will have in bringing in players that can make the difference.

For me the club need to take a patient and careful approach to this. We can't afford to make the mistakes that City and Chelsea made in their push for the CL.

The time to invest is when we do qualify for the CL. Then we can attract the players that would improve us and we will need that investment to balance the demands of both the CL and Premier League.

Now I know you could argue that we might never make it to the CL using this approach but I can't see any guarantees that massive investment now will guarantee it either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

i think the one thing we can all agree on since the suarez saga started is that he has gone from hero to zero to us.

even IF he has to stay this season.. his adoration is gone,and it will never come back .. we defended him,stood with him,cheered him, fckin loved him. he was our rogue.

now he is a cnut .

and its because of his manner in trying to get away,his attitude seems to be , fcuk liverpool,im louis suarez,ill go where i want.

fcuk you louis,fcuk you. i hope you end up away from madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Dickerty wrote: »

I think he looks a bit bigger too, it was promising to see that he was able to hold off the Glentoran players. Last year in the u21's, he looked very lightweight at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The baldness actually suits a few of them and Coates looks a bit like Steve Staunton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

I think they identified Mkhitaryan and his story is a case in point for the trouble the club will have in bringing in players that can make the difference.

For me the club need to take a patient and careful approach to this. We can't afford to make the mistakes that City and Chelsea made in their push for the CL.

The time to invest is when we do qualify for the CL. Then we can attract the players that would improve us and we will need that investment to balance the demands of both the CL and Premier League.

Now I know you could argue that we might never make it to the CL using this approach but I can't see any guarantees that massive investment now will guarantee it either.

Reports are that the club dragged their heels more than anything.

Was this signing dependant on Suarez leaving? thats a key issue.

If its a thing they wanted an indication of concrete interest in Suarez before making such a big outlay on HM, then that tells you we need to sell in order to buy big in essence.

I'm always sceptical when I hear X (prospective big signing) is being bought to play alongside Y (disgruntled star player).

We heard it when Suarez was being signed, coming to play with Torres apparently but its easy to say this when the player has one foot out the door near the end of the window. Its easy for the club to say this player wants out and ruined the original idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Kess73 wrote: »
    And despite them not having played a competitive game I am saying they are a slight improvement in terms of squad strength.

How is my take any more or any less valid than the posts of Lloyd you are responding to?

The difference is in the attitude Kess, you think he is being overly negative he thinks you or indeed anyone with any optimism is deluded.

barone wrote: »
    i think the one thing we can all agree on since the suarez saga started is that he has gone from hero to zero to us.

even IF he has to stay this season.. his adoration is gone,and it will never come back .. we defended him,stood with him,cheered him, fckin loved him. he was our rogue.

now he is a cnut

and its because of his manner in trying to get away,his attitude seems to be , fcuk liverpool,im louis suarez,ill go where i want.

fcuk you louis,fcuk you. i hope you end up away from madrid.

I've read some horseshít on here but this beats all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

what optimistic person said this thread would last til after the end of the transfer window?

It wont even see august at the current rate...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I think Wenger is serious about Suarez because he wants me to stop posting on boards. It makes sense.
    gafferino wrote: »
    20 pages and nearly 300 posts and its no even 3pm.
    Impressive.

40 posts per page FTW :)

10 pages for me, a lot of it being ****e.
    Off the top of my head, I'd feel confident saying that Mr.Alan, rarnes1, 5starpool, daithijjj, Opr, jesus_thats_gre and Strongbow10 have reservations about the current strategy from reading their posts.

There's a difference. A few of the names you mentioned very well might have reservations about the current strategy off and/or on the pitch, but they aren't so utterly blinded by agendas or the like that they refuse to see any positives as well, or feel the need to insult fellow supporters consistently.

Oh, and you forgot your pal Rossie too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Every time a thread gets filled up with hysterical sack the manager bollocks, i pay an amry of trolls to fill it up so we can start the whole sorry circle again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Tribute to Reina :D
    998416_619175358114477_1082188880_n.jpg

All the white lads look like Karl Pilkingtons... sneaky bid?

Reports are that the club dragged their heels more than anything.

Was this signing dependant on Suarez leaving? thats a key issue.

If its a thing they wanted an indication of concrete interest in Suarez before making such a big outlay on HM, then that tells you we need to sell in order to buy big in essence.

I'm always sceptical when I hear X (prospective big signing) is being bought to play alongside Y (disgruntled star player).

We heard it when Suarez was being signed, coming to play with Torres apparently but its easy to say this when the player has one foot out the door near the end of the window. Its easy for the club to say this player wants out and ruined the original idea.

I was of the opinion that once Dortmund made their interest known, Mkhitaryan much preferred to join a club in the CL, who have enjoyed great success in recent years. Thats a no brainer for any player really.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement