Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Costa goal vs Real Madrid in May , set up by Falcao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ7yqcjI-W0

Your man Falcao looks good too we should just buy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

billy2012 wrote: »
    If we were looking for an out right Striker to replace Suarez then yes please, I would love him, but I don't think Costa is being bought to replace Suarez.

From what i feel myself i cant help but feel that there is an element of getting Costa in now with a view to Suarez moving on eventually, much like the Reina situation but with different variables. Perhaps thats a totally wrong assumption to make. Its a lot of money for a forward that on the face of it we dont 'absolutely need' right now imo. Need a CM/DM type and a CB first imo.

Like i said above, i think Borini's days are numbered also so maybe if we can recoup back 75%+ of what we paid for him then yea, he is a much better option than Borini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Think arsenal know suarez is open for a move to them and will eventually offer an amount the club would be unable to reject..

THats how i see it going..one 50+mill bid and thats that..there isnt anyone else left for them to get..bar rooney..who seems to favour chelsea by all accounts..

WEnger will get desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

barone wrote: »
    Think arsenal know suarez is open for a move to them and will eventually offer an amount the club would be unable to reject..

THats how i see it going..one 50+mill bid and thats that..there isnt anyone else left for them to get..bar rooney..who seems to favour chelsea by all accounts..

WEnger will get desperate

Suarez won't go to Aresenal IMO. I will be flabbergasted if he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not as shocked as I'll be if Arsenal cough up 50 million.

gafferino wrote: »
    Interesting that Hunter says we bid €22m for Soldado.

I can only assume the age thing came into it and we wouldnt budge. He went for 30m?!!. Still though, almost two years younger than Van Persie when he was bought for £24m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Amy updates on this transfer?

Prefer Kate Cohen myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

daithijjj wrote: »
    From what i feel myself i cant help but feel that there is an element of getting Costa in now with a view to Suarez moving on eventually, much like the Reina situation but with different variables. Perhaps thats a totally wrong assumption to make. Its a lot of money for a forward that on the face of it we dont 'absolutely need' right now imo. Need a CM/DM type and a CB first imo.

Like i said above, i think Borini's days are numbered also so maybe if we can recoup back 75%+ of what we paid for him then yea, he is a much better option than Borini.

Lets hope that your wrong.

AM or WF is what we need 1st and foremost IMO. I think we are ok at CB, if Skrtel leaves then obviously he needs replacing.

I do like the idea of Papa on loan, if that was at all possible.

Not too sure whats going to happen to the Coates. Maybe we will keep him around to keep Suarez happy.

As mentioned before, I think Wisdom is more than capable of stepping up if needed.

Rafa....
    Napoli head coach Rafael Benitez says he was surprised he was able to sign Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina on a season-long loan deal.

Reina, 30, was established as the number one keeper at Anfield since Benitez brought him to the club from Villarreal in 2005, but he has now been allowed to leave temporarily following Liverpool's signing of Belgium international Simon Mignolet from Sunderland.

The player himself issued a statement shortly after agreeing terms on his loan move to Naples in which he expressed his own surprise at the deal, having only been made aware of the interest after the Serie A club's offer had been accepted.

Benitez, who has returned to England for this weekend's Emirates Cup, revealed he had not expected Reina to be available and was looking to make a move for QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar instead.

"Obviously I know the situation and I was surprised," he said. "We were trying to sign Julio Cesar and it was a surprise for us when Pepe Reina was available.

"For us it is a big boost and it is really important because he is a great player so we are really pleased.

"I would say he has a lot of respect for the club and he was surprised by the decision and because nobody had told him.

"He has a great relationship with the fans and the club so I don't think he has any problem with them."

Benitez, who also confirmed new signing Gonzalo Higuain will play some part in a game against former suitors Arsenal tomorrow, feels he has brought in a top quality goalkeeper in Reina and that he had not really entertained the possibility of signing his compatriot.

When asked if Reina was still world class Benitez replied: "100 per cent - he is still a fantastic keeper.

"We knew he had a long contract so it would have been impossible and we were not even thinking about him.

"We were talking about Cesar and then we realised that he was available and that was perfect."

• Advertisement

Lets hope that your wrong.

AM or WF is what we need 1st and foremost IMO. I think we are ok at CB, if Skrtel leaves then obviously he needs replacing.

I do like the idea of Papa on loan, if that was at all possible.

Not too sure whats going to happen to the Coates. Maybe we will keep him around to keep Suarez happy.

As mentioned before, I think Wisdom is more than capable of stepping up if needed.

Is Alberto not the AM and Aspas not the WF this window though?, otherwise what was the point signing them?.

I dont think we are ok for CB at all. Its clear we have two players who are unfavoured by the manager so what to do with them?. Keeping Coates to keep Suarez happy doesnt improve our defence though. I think Coates is on modest wages anyway or i think he would have been got rid of by now. Will Skrtel become favoured again?. Its far from ideal for me.

I dont think Wisdom is ready. I'd have Kelly ahead of him for a start. I dont think Wisdom would have got many games at all if Kelly wasnt injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Now we know, where God got the Idea...
    Johnariise3 John Arne Riise 21h
    Tomorrow I'm going to Liverpool. Saturday celebrating Captain fantastics testimonial:) great person, true friend pic

BQnS1x-CQAAuV8w.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I thought myself that 15m euro for him is about right. Admittedly, ive only seen him about a half dozen times in full games but thats just from what i have seen. Technically pretty limited.

Someone mentioned earlier today that you have to take into account the temperament of players with fee's inc Suarez. Difference is, Suarez is actually worth £50m, if you were doing a deal (and wanted rid you might shave a fraction off). Costa is not worth £21m. Its a bit like offering what he is worth and adding on 6m for the dodgy temperament. It wouldnt work like that for Suarez and it doesnt for Costa.

Personally, i think if we going around prepared to meet release clauses there would be better options. For example, id be looking at Jackson Martinez and a few others first.

Last point, signing another forward really does spell the end for Borini imo rather than Suarez.
    Assuming, of course, that Suarez will be a Liverpool player at the end of the transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Coady is on the bench for sheffield utd on ss1 at the moment for anyone interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I thought myself that 15m euro for him is about right... Technically pretty limited.

I think for €15m you'd have to expect someone who's not technically limited, personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://m.soundcloud.com/radiocity967/hunter-on-costa

Hunter speaking of Costa
    sums him up pretty well imo
    i think he would be an excellent signing but maybe we would be overpaying a bit

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

gafferino wrote: »
    Your man Falcao looks good too we should just buy him.

Hes decent alright. 52 goals in 67 apps for AM
    I thought we should have outbid Monaco for him :pac:

COYVB wrote: »
    I think for €15m you'd have to expect someone who's not technically limited, personally

For a Big Man, he's actually quite good with the Ball at his Feet. Just don't expect him to do Step-Overs or Nutmegs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

is match on tele tomorrow guys?

by the way Caotes was only signed to keep Suarez happy. lets sign more s.americans to keep him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Why do people really say Coates was bought to keep Suarez happy ... FFS they are not lovers! Coates was a young Cb that looked like fulfilling potential. Now 3 managers have crossed him and it seems he is not all that. We do not keep players on the books and pay them a wage to keep someone else happy.

New CF signing, Suarez is gonesky. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fantastic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23550760
    Luis Suarez will consider submitting a formal transfer request and the possibility of court action if his Liverpool dispute is not resolved. say sources close to the player.
    The 26-year-old believes Arsenal's bid of just over £40m triggered a clause in his contract that allows him to leave.
    Play media

Wenger to remain 'amicable'
    Liverpool rejected the offer and insist the clause does not force them to sell.
    "We want to [sign Suarez] if it is feasible in an amicable way," said Gunners manager Arsene Wenger.
    "We will respect what Liverpool want to do. I don't want to speak about Suarez, because that is between Liverpool and Arsenal.
    "I am a great believer you have to keep as much confidentiality as possible, which is quite difficult in the modern world.
    "But we work very hard, not only on the case you name, but on other different cases. We can still strengthen the squad, there is one month to go. We are at the beginning of August and working very hard to strengthen our squad.
    "I am confident. You look at many teams around us. Nothing has happened until now. At the moment the market hasn't moved a lot. Apart from Manchester City, nobody has done anything."
    Arsenal made their club-record offer of £40m plus £1 for Suarez in the belief that it would enable them to secure the Uruguay international's services.
    Liverpool continue to insist that Suarez is not for sale.
    It is understood that when Suarez signed a new contract in August 2012, he requested a clause that allowed him to depart if Liverpool failed to qualify for the Champions League and received a bid in excess of £40m.
    Suarez in numbers
    Luis Suarez
    30 goals in 44 appearances for Liverpool last season
    Since joining from Ajax in January 2011 for £22.7m, has scored 51 in 96 appearances
    49 goals in 48 games for Ajax the season before joining Liverpool
    35 goals in 69 appearances for Uruguay
    Liverpool refused this but suggested an arrangement that obliged them to act in good faith if those conditions were met, which Suarez argues he only accepted because he felt there was verbal agreement from all parties that - despite the new wording - it would work in the same way as a release clause.
    While Liverpool are confident that from a legal perspective their position stands up to scrutiny - and Suarez reluctantly agrees - the player is adamant the Reds have gone back on their word and feels let down.
    He has informed Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers of his desire to leave for Champions League football and the only proposal on the table is from Arsenal, with reported interest from Real Madrid failing to materialise.
    Whereas Liverpool have not played in the Champions League since 2009 and missed out on European qualification altogether for next season, Arsenal will feature in the competition for a 17th consecutive campaign.
    Sources close to Suarez say he will consider taking his case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and he did go down a similar route when Dutch side Groningen turned down an offer from Ajax for his services in 2007.
    He scored 30 goals in 44 appearances for Liverpool last season but speculation has grown about his future since he was given a 10-match ban in April for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic.
    Suarez, who joined Liverpool from Ajax for £22.7m in January 2011, still has to serve six games of that ban and was also suspended in 2011 after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.
    The Uruguayan made his first appearance since the Ivanovic incident last week in Liverpool's 2-0 friendly win over Melbourne Victory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

"Sources close to Suarez say"

****ing lazy garbage.......no quotes or anything.......

Why do people really say Coates was bought to keep Suarez happy.

I have never seen that posted or heard that said by anyone........

Sheffield United 1-0 Notts County.

Coady still in the Bench.

Its sad when the BBC are publishing any old rope.

NukaCola wrote: »

Terrible journalism

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

BBC tend not just to bullsh*t though I think. I wouldn't expect them to just make something up.

Not good news at all, I really thought we had weathered the storm...

Tranfer request, legal battles...none of this is good even if we manage to hang on to him.

Really thought he'd buckle down, give it another year and see what options were open to him next summer.

Disappointing if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

mike65 wrote: »
    Its sad when the BBC are publishing any old rope.

In much the same way that Ben Smith is close to Liverpool, isn't David Ornstein close to Arsenal?

Also would people stop dismissing stuff because there are no quotes.

Dunno in a word. Other clubs are just other clubs to me :)

Is Alberto not the AM and Aspas not the WF this window though?, otherwise what was the point signing them?.

I dont think we are ok for CB at all. Its clear we have two players who are unfavoured by the manager so what to do with them?. Keeping Coates to keep Suarez happy doesnt improve our defence though. I think Coates is on modest wages anyway or i think he would have been got rid of by now. Will Skrtel become favoured again?. Its far from ideal for me.

I dont think Wisdom is ready. I'd have Kelly ahead of him for a start. I dont think Wisdom would have got many games at all if Kelly wasnt injured.

To improve the squad.

Hopefully Aspas can replace Downing.

I imagine we will see Alberto make a few sub appearances and play in the cups.

You could be right about Kelly, but it's to early to call after such a serious injury. He needs a bit of time, but I have high hopes for him.

I said it in a half jokey kinda way a few posts back.

• Advertisement

I said it in a half jokey kinda way a few posts back.

I should have added....said by anyone seriously ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    is match on tele tomorrow guys?

by the way Coatez was only signed to keep Suarez happy. lets sign more s.americans to keep him

said it there myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Pedalstool wrote: »
    In much the same way that Ben Smith is close to Liverpool, isn't David Ornstein close to Arsenal?

He does seem to have his finger on the pulse of a lot of arsenal related news

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    said it there myself

This thread moves too fast........but your obviously joking right?

wawaman wrote: »
    He does seem to have his finger on the pulse of a lot of arsenal related news

I don't think it would come as a surprise if Suarez does start agitating for a move. He's done it before, he'll do it again.

The signing of Costa may well be the club preparing for life after Suarez, whatever they say publicly.

What? Are you for real?

What? Are you for real?

Do what you're told!!

What? Are you for real?

Let me ask you a question. Were there any quotes to verify Liverpools interest in Diego Costa?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 27 Jun 12
    Van Persie to resume talks with Arsenal when back from Caribbean break. He's keen to stay, with or without new contract. Ball in #afc court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Van Persie to resume talks with Arsenal when back from Caribbean break. He's keen to stay, with or without new contract. Ball in #afc court.

Imagine the lulz.

Let me ask you a question. Were there any quotes to verify Liverpools interest in Diego Costa?

Hang on a second......i can choose what to believe and what not to, based on evidence presented. If nearly all the news outlets, including reputable reporters, say an offer has been made, there is a very real chance an offer has been made.........but if some bull****ting reporter, that happens to be an arsenal supporter, is presenting "sources close to Suarez" as some kind of fact that Suarez is planning on joining Arsenal, then i can dismiss it instantly, as the evidence presented is minimal. Quotes in this instances would add weight to his argument, but there are none.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

He obviously got this badly wrong, so we should dismiss everything he says?

Its an easy excuse for those who refuse to face up to the reality that Suarez wants out of the club.

I would tend to take stuff from the BBC seriously enough.

Sheffield United 1-1 Notts County.

Notts County is playing with 10 Men. 1 Player got a Red Card, just after 14 minutes of Play.

Coady continues to Sit on the Bench.

He obviously got this badly wrong, so we should dismiss everything he says?

Its an easy excuse for those who refuse to face up to the reality that Suarez wants out of the club.

I would tend to take stuff from the BBC seriously enough.

Off the top of my head, he said Arteta to Arsenal deal was dead......he also said that Arsenal are in for Rooney.......

Hang on a second......i can choose what to believe and what not to, based on evidence presented. If nearly all the news outlets, including reputable reporters, say an offer has been made, there is a very real chance an offer has been made.........but if some bull****ting reporter, that happens to be an arsenal supporter, is presenting "sources close to Suarez" as some kind of fact that Suarez is planning on joining Arsenal, then i can dismiss it instantly, as the evidence presented is minimal. Quotes in this instances would add weight to his argument, but there are none.

I just think you don't like what he is saying and thats why you are so dismissive of it.

• Advertisement

Maguire heads 1.

Sheffield 2-0 Notts County.

I just think you don't like what he is saying and thats why you are so dismissive of it.

Thats not the case....

Thats not the case....

Thats ok, well regardless of this particular reporter, my point was you don't need quotes for a story to be genuine.

Not in the world of transfer stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

4k. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cianisgood

Conner Coady coming on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement