Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This thread won't see us to the end of the transfer window lol

But I've no idea where any of our transfers are gonna land. This has to be the worst transfer saga in a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Coady finally gets in, after 79 minutes.

Sheffield Captain Doyle got pulled out because of Injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

4k. Phew.

And the op thought it would last till deadline day, pfffft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coady finally gets in, after 79 minutes.

Sheffield Captain Doyle got pulled out because of Injury.
    think your watching too many american sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Journos can be feed false information by clubs, agents and players. Situations change all the time. So information that was dead cert can change overnight. Cynically call "bull****" on all the leads that come along, and you'll be right more often than not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

MD1990 wrote: »
    think your watching too many american sports

To be fair the cameras did show Coady shouting 'Put me in Coach, I can get us to the finals.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Lucas -
    The Reds star wants to regain his place in the national team by continuing to impress at club level and praises team-mate Steven Gerrard as a "complete midfielder"
    Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva hopes that he can still force his way back into the national team ahead of the World Cup in Brazil next year.

The Reds star has not featured for the Selecao for two years due to an anterior cruciate ligament injury and then last season's thigh problem, missing out on from Luiz Felipe Scolari's squad for the Confederations Cup this summer.

But the 26-year-old is not giving up, telling Trivela: "What I can add to Brazil is what I've been doing in Liverpool, providing security for the defensive players and to pass the ball to attack.

"This is my job and that could make me to go to the national team - and it's what I did when I worked with Mano [Menezes, former coach], with whom I had a greater role.

"Obviously, every match that passes, the chances are smaller, because there is not much time until the World Cup, so the group will be closing but I still believe I have a chance to go to the World Cup."

The midfielder, who completed 31 games in all competitions for Liverpool last season, also heaped praise on captain Steven Gerrard ahead of the England skipper's testimonial match against Olympiacos on Saturday, labelling him "a complete player".

"When you talk about Steven Gerrard, you immediately associate him with Liverpool," Lucas remarked.

"The symbol of the team is him as he has spent more than 15 years representing the club. I've never played with a player of this level, a complete player."

Sheffield United 2-1 Notts County FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cianisgood

Sheffield United 2-1 Notts County FT.

What did you think of Coady? He had a good chance in front of goal didn't he.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

From ‏@NewEraComps (kid in the pic).
    Jajaja! Met Diego Costa in Uraguay! Had an interesting comment on any transfer. #LFC

I asked him on his transfer to #LFC: "I'm certainly up for a new challenge. They're a massive club, one of the biggest. IDK We'll see." Before spitting at me.

As always, being a footballer, he was in a rush so I couldn't ask him anything in detail. We met in Montevideo, where they are in preseason.

Of course I know there will be skeptical fans out there but I assure you, I've been out here since Wednseday watching Atletico's pre season.

BQsHXhdCUAABq14.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

NukaCola wrote: »
    "Sources close to Suarez say"

****ing lazy garbage.......no quotes or anything.......

A story doesn't need quotes for it to be true. Generally when a player wants to reveal delicate info like the above, they do it in a certain manner so they can deny it if he's left stuck at theclub after the transfer window. Rooney has been doing it all summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Possible outcomes to the Suarez saga....

A) He leaves; we say we're glad to be rid of someone who didn't want to play for the club and glad to get the money for him considering he is so volatile.

B) He stays; we say we're glad to have someone of his quality at the club and we can really challenge this year.

We're all a fickle crowd and why we even debate before knowing the facts is beyond me. I can see the merits of him both going and staying. For me staying out weighs him going-- BY FAR. But it's not the end of the world. If he goes, we have the extra motivation to try humiliate him by overtaking AFC. If he stays we have extra fire power to try push into the top four. Either situation can work out for us. I dont like the term noone is bigger than LFC because it's a total cop out (pardon the pun). But at the same time we thought the world was ending when Torres left.

Chill.

ps.

We still have Jay....so everything will be fine...
    mqdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I asked him on his transfer to #LFC: "I'm certainly up for a new challenge. They're a massive club, one of the biggest. IDK We'll see." Before spitting at me.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    To be fair the cameras did show Coady shouting 'Put me in Coach, I can get us to the finals.'

ace-ventura04.jpg

Ace+Ventura_12f3c2_3205641.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

El Spearo wrote: »
    Possible outcomes to the Suarez saga....

A) He leaves; we say we're glad to be rid of someone who didn't want to play for the club and glad to get the money for him considering he is so volatile.

B) He stays; we say we're glad to have someone of his quality at the club and we can really challenge this year.

We're all a fickle crowd and why we even debate before knowing the facts is beyond me. I can see the merits of him both going and staying. For me staying out weighs him going-- BY FAR. But it's not the end of the world. If he goes, we have the extra motivation to try humiliate him by overtaking AFC. If he stays we have extra fire power to try push into the top four. Either situation can work out for us. I dont like the term noone is bigger than LFC because it's a total cop out (pardon the pun). But at the same time we thought the world was ending when Torres left.

Chill.

ps.

We still have Jay....so everything will be fine...
    mqdefault.jpg

I'm not sure how many will be saying they're glad if he goes. I'd struggle to believe them especially if it's to Arsenal

Just a quick, small optimistic observation.

If we can keep Suarez and Spurs lose Bale, and Arsenal fail to identify a top target to really improve them (are there many left? They probably need a CF first and foremost) then I think we're in a half decent chance next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Morzadec wrote: »

If we can keep Suarez and Spurs lose Bale, and Arsenal fail to identify a top target to really improve them (are there many left? They probably need a CF first and foremost) then I think we're in a half decent chance next season.

We're in a better position than last year if it all goes right. I can feel the usual optimism creeping back in but i know i have to fight it.

like if we dont sign another player to every line of the formation i think were after having a poor window all the same.

we need a keeper, a centre half, a midfielder and attacker at the very least

cianisgood wrote: »
    What did you think of Coady? He had a good chance in front of goal didn't he.

I think this Loan would do him well. He always had the Ability. Now he just needs to Harness it and show Consistent Performance.

I thought Sheffield flowed, much better with him on the Side. They certainly became more Alive during the Dying Minutes.

As for the Goal Chance, I thought he should have Buried it. And he should have Shot it using his Left instead of his Right.

Or....

If Spurs keep Bale, Arsenal sign Suarez and we fail to strengthen properly....

Sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I think we really need to stop obsessing about what other clubs are or arent doing and focus on what we need to be doing to improve our lot

Gerrard turned down Bayern last year. This I did not know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

This Brazilian Diego Costa might join Liverpool but there is only one inho

Liverpool%20v%20Swansea%20City%20-%20Premier%20League-1714923.jpg

I think we really need to stop obsessing about what other clubs are or arent doing and focus on what we need to be doing to improve our lot

I agree with Erwin but I agree with you as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Just seen that myself, bit of a surprise, I wouldn't have turned it down, would of went on a one year loan, came back here this summer, after winning the treble, and finish my playing days at LFC ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Where did you hear this

• Advertisement

FIFA 14 - Liverpool FC Trailer

3 legends

21466_10200225936509487_1177027338_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

FIFA 14 - Liverpool FC Trailer

This is the best thing to happen to this thread in days. I'm happy with that, now.

If we were Rodgers, scouts, recruitment staff etc...then yes, but quite frankly it makes no difference to the situation if we focus on or obsess about Spurs, Arsenal or Brentford reserves.

We're just some lads on a forum.

So I'll be watching how Spurs and Arsenal's business plays out as it's very relevant to our chances down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Or....

If Spurs keep Bale, Arsenal sign Suarez and we fail to strengthen properly....

Sorry!

As Ron Atkinson would say:
    "Either team could win it at this stage. Or it could be a draw"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Anyone know if Stevie Gerrard's testimonial on streamed online? if so, any good links to it? Thanks......

As an Arsenal fan I always wanted us to sign Fowler from the Pool.....a class player.

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Anyone know if Stevie Gerrard's testimonial on streamed online? if so, any good links to it? Thanks......

As an Arsenal fan I always wanted us to sign Fowler from the Pool.....a class player.

YOU LEAVE OUR STRIKERS ALONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Will swap you Gervinho for Suarez....please take Gervinho....even for free! We'll throw in Bendtner free as well...

Any one know of that thread for tomorrow's match?

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Seems like a legit deal. I dunno if there'll be a thread, I'd say the main chatter will be based here. God knows this thread needs some good vibes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Sturridge(23)
    Borini(22)

Coutiniho(21)
    Suarez(26)
    Costa(24)
    Sterling(18)
    Alberto(20)
    Aspas(26)

Gerrard(33)
    Lucas(26)
    Henderson(23)
    Allen(23)

Enrique(27)
    Agger(28)
    Papa(20)
    Johnson(28)
    Cissokho(25)
    Toure(33)
    Wisdom(20)
    Kelly(23)

Mingolet(25)
    Jones(31)

Obviously making some pretty big assumptions but certainly looks decent on paper. Lacking steel in the middle though and I'm sure Rodgers will mostly play with three CM instead of just the two above.

It's not perfect, but it's a very young team with plenty of players who are likely to improve over the next couple of seasons.

Tusky wrote: »

Sturridge
    Borini

Coutiniho
    Suarez
    Costa
    Sterling
    Alberto
    Aspas

Gerrard
    Lucas
    Henderson
    Allen

Enrique
    Agger
    Papa
    Johnson
    Cissokho
    Toure
    Wisdom
    Kelly

Mingolet
    Jones

Hmmm. Obviously making some pretty big assumptions but certainly looks decent on paper. Lacking steel in the middle though and I'm sure Rodgers will mostly play with three CM instead of just the two above.

Another CB and a backup keeper and perhaps another CM and that would be a decent squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

It's not perfect, but it's a very young team with plenty of players who are likely to improve over the next couple of seasons.

The lack of Stewart Downing makes it near perfect ;)

The lack of Stewart Downing makes it near perfect ;)

Funnily enough, I think Downing could get more o a run out than people expect. Rodgers seems to value him as a squad member

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I think Downing could get more o a run out than people expect. Rodgers seems to value him as a squad member

Tbh , I think everyone knows at this stage I don't rate SD as a player . He seems like a a nice bloke though .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Tbh , I think everyone knows at this stage I don't rate SD as a player . He seems like a a nice bloke though .

Thats nice

• Advertisement

Greatest team the world has ever seen?

Torres

Coutiniho
    Gerrard
    Suarez

Masch
    Alonso

Enrique
    Agger---Hyypia----Johnson

Reina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Torres

Coutiniho
    Gerrard
    Suarez

Masch
    Alonso

Enrique

Reina

That team lacks Doni

Torres

Coutiniho
    Gerrard
    Suarez

Masch
    Alonso

Enrique

Reina

Kolo%20Toure-1455418

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Where did you hear this

Tony Barrett mentioned it on Twitter. It's everywhere now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Torres

Coutiniho
    Gerrard
    Suarez

Masch
    Alonso

Enrique

Reina

Finnan over johnson, riise/aurellio over enrique too tbh. Other then that looks about right for this decades xi

Torres

Coutiniho
    Gerrard
    Suarez

Masch
    Alonso

Enrique

Reina

You must be a lot younger than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

John Barnes!!... sort it out.

Torres

Coutiniho
    Gerrard
    Suarez

Masch
    Alonso

Enrique

Reina

John-Barnes-during-Tranme-001.jpg

EDIT: Beaten to it.

I wonder if Torres got an invite, for tomorrow.

• Advertisement

You must be a lot younger than me.
    T-K-O wrote: »
    John Barnes!!... sort it out.

Was more so thinking about recent enough players.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement