Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I honestly have to laugh at all the hype over Coutinho. He has looked good so far, but its only like six months and its been against very weak opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I honestly have to laugh at all the hype over Coutinho. He has looked good so far, but its only like six months and its been against very weak opposition.

Hype?

This forum is relatively calm on all matters Coutinho. Yes, he has settled and performed better than a lot of us expected but I dont see too many guys hyping him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Will swap you Gervinho for Suarez....please take Gervinho....even for free! We'll throw in Bendtner free as well...

throw in chamakh and we'll talk...

T-K-O wrote: »
    Hype?

This forum is relatively calm on all matters Coutinho. Yes, he has settled and performed better than a lot of us expected but I dont see too many guys hyping him up.

Ah you again...

A page back or two he was placed in A best Liverpool XI before the likes of Benayoun and Luis Garcia for that position.

I do hope he becomes LFC great but its very early for judgement in his LFC career.

• Advertisement

Ah you again...

A page back or two he was placed in A best Liverpool XI before the likes of Benayoun and Luis Garcia for that position.

I do hope he becomes LFC great but its very early for judgement in his LFC career.

Yep me again. The guy who suggested Barnes ahead of little Phil..

Benayoun / Luis Garcia, all time greats? Seriously

One guy listing his best LFC team is hardly the forum.

Benayoun / Luis Garcia, all time greats? Seriously

I think they have done enough to be classed as all time greats. Definitely Garcia with the ghost goal against Chelsea.

I think they have done enough to be classed as all time greats. Definitely Garcia with the ghost goal against Chelsea.

All credit to Luis Garcia, he scored some great goals in his time. BUT he is nowhere close to an all time LFC great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

If one goal can elevate a player to all time greats, then yes.

All time great though????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You'd have to wonder what age someone would be to include Garcia or Benayoun in an all time great Liverpool team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

John Barnes!!... sort it out.

No Carra or King Kenny either. Surely Jamie in his prime tops Agger?
    Tough one to call between Digger and Dalglish for the remaining attacking slot. Maybe just drop Mascherano and defend from the front.

Tusky did say the team was recent players. Have a lie down lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Good to see Henry loosening the purse strings. What position does this Globe fella play in and are there any YouTube clips of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

In fairness to Garcia, without his goals in the knockout stages of the 04/05 CL we would not have won it. The one against Juve was memorable!

And what's this talk of "Ghost Goal"? It was clearly over the line.

So Suarez is going down the legal route according to the BBC? Disappointing but not surprising.

But we should hold firm and under no circumstances sell to Arsenal. Remember when we tried to sign Heinze from Man U? They weren't selling to a rival and that was that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Good to see Henry loosening the purse strings. What position does this Globe fella play in and are there any YouTube clips of him?

Did I miss something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Red Sox Principal Owner to Buy Boston Globe Newspaper

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323681904578645272723305476.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Jonjo was on 55K a Week? Dang!
    @ MrBoyWunder -

Shelvey: "I felt that I wasn't getting a fair crack of the whip at Liverpool, but that's football. I felt my days had come to an end."

Jonjo Shelvey ‏@shelveyJ 1h
    And just to clarify I wish Liverpool all the best this season and I sincerely hope they get back to the champions league where they belong

Good night. Thank you For everything.

It's easy for someone to sit on the sideline and pay their 55 quid a week and say what they want.

Ill always be thankful for what Liverpool did for me and the way they took me in but time was to move on and start playing regularly.

But what's point tweeting me it. There ain't.. You enjoy your season ill enjoy mine.

Haha. In a bit. I worked my nuts off for that club. And if you can't appriciate that or I weren't good enough then that's up to you.

Hahahahahahaha love this twitter ����������

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Jonjo was on 55K a Week? Dang!

I think he means fans paying 55 quid a ticket...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jonjo STFU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jonjo is a bit of a bit of a fool

• Advertisement

Players really ought to just concentrate on how pleased they are to playing for their new club and leave all comment on the last club to a simple statement - "it was a privilege to play for X and I enjoyed my time there" (even if that's lie but can't be shown to be)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ah Jonjo.....I wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They have the internet in Wales?

The Olympiakos game is at 12.45. So don't turn up at 3 and wonder why we're discussing the game and that hat trick by God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

mike65 wrote: »
    The Olympiakos game is at 12.45. So don't turn up at 3 and wonder why we're discussing the game and that hat trick by God.

Looking forward to watching it now, should be a cracking atmosphere there and will be good to see some old players in the stands, will be interesting to see who turns up to it. Should be a good game too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

Wonder will Suarez play in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

David Peace's new book 'Red or Dead' (kind of Literary Fiction based on Bill Shankly's time at Liverpool) got a rave review in the Guardian today.

I think I'll try pick up a copy as apparently it's excellent especially for football fans. I've read Peace before and he writes very well, if a little unconventionally. As a younger Liverpool fan I actually don't know all that much about Shankly and those years so should be an interesting education.

Link to review here:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/aug/03/red-or-dead-david-peace-review?CMP=twt_fd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Just rang up Upc to get the BT sports pack and it's free until the end of Sept :):)

(Gerrard Testimonial)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

What sort of reaction do people think Suarez will receive today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

billy2012 wrote: »
    Just rang up Upc to get the BT sports pack and it's free until the end of Sept :):)

Did you have to sign up? I have upc but no bt.

Did you have to sign up? I have upc but no bt.

I am signed up now. If I cancel before the end of Sept, it's completely free, and after that it is 16:99 per month.

It's only a 2 min phone call to set up.

They are also showing Valengra and Celtic matches, and 1st game of the season against Stoke and prob a few more.

Old video but great all the same:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

mike65 wrote: »

Mrs googled eyes wants to go to the zoo, looks like I'm gonna miss the game :(

Mrs googled eyes wants to go to the zoo, looks like I'm gonna miss the game :(

MAN THE **** UP!!!:D:D

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has paid tribute to captain Steven Gerrard ahead of today's testimonial.
    The Reds will face Olympiakos at Anfield.
    Rodgers declared: "I think it's going to be a great occasion first and foremost for Steven, someone who has devoted his whole life to the football club, and a great chance for the supporters to pay homage to him.
    "So I think it will be a real joyous day to celebrate such a great, great player of not just Liverpool but the modern game, and obviously it's another chance for us in our pre-season preparation. So it's a game that we're all looking forward to.
    "I think that for so many years he's been such a great player and I think it's the definition between the good players and the great players - they make other players around them better.
    "The big players score the key goals in the key games and they produce the big performances in the big games, and if that defines a great player then Steven is everything in that - a wonderful player, one of the greatest midfield players and arguably the greatest of the Premier League years."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

According to Michael Owen at Anfield, Suarez is rumoured not to be appearing at all today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Pedalstool wrote: »
    According to Michael Owen at Anfield, Suarez is rumoured not to be appearing at all today.

He's probably round in The Albert, skulling back a few on his day off....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Adorjan will hopefully feature for Groningen in their opener at 6:45pm this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Was hoping we would go for someone like Jackson Martinez instead of Costa but guess where he is likely to end up? Yup, Napoli. And not on loan either. Price quoted is steep though Linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Was hoping we would go for someone like Jackson Martinez instead of Costa but guess where he is likely to end up? Yup, Napoli. And not on loan either. Price quoted is steep though Linky
    thats a huge fee for a striker who only has one season in portugal
    he does look a very good player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

So Suarez on the subs bench.. it'll be very interesting to see the fans reaction at Anfield if he comes on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fieldog wrote: »
    He's probably round in The Albert, skulling back a few on his day off....

Owen or Suarez?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Liverpool XI:

Mignolet, Johnson, José Enrique, Kolo Touré, Agger, Lucas, Joe Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Sterling, Aspas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

billy2012 wrote: »
    I am signed up now. If I cancel before the end of Sept, it's completely free, and after that it is 16:99 per month.

It's only a 2 min phone call to set up.

They are also showing Valengra and Celtic matches, and 1st game of the season against Stoke and prob a few more.

upc customer service must close at 12 on saturday. Can't get through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Love Macca getting snippy about Suarez price. He is right though. He is on the bench so I expect him to come on.

flanzer wrote: »
    So Suarez on the subs bench.. it'll be very interesting to see the fans reaction at Anfield if he comes on

Hopefully no boos. That won't help anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

GTR63 wrote: »
    Love Macca getting snippy about Suarez price. He is right though. He is on the bench so I expect him to come on.

I only turned it on at that very point. Did Rodger's say anything in his interview prior to that about the situation?

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Morzadec wrote: »
    Old video but great all the same:

It might be the hangover, but I don't think it is. I just watched that video and had a little bit of a happy/sad cry. What a player. What a team we had. LFC have a duty to Stevie G to deliver a team capable of challenging while he's still around.

You don't know what you've got til it's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Morzadec wrote: »
    Hopefully no boos. That won't help anything

True. At the same time, I'd find it difficult to cheer him with much gusto after the way he's carried on this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Regarding the match on BT today. See my post here for those who use online access.

dr ro wrote: »
    upc customer service must close at 12 on saturday. Can't get through.

Was probably because I was on the phone to them!

Free for the two months but there is a €10 cancellation/downgrade fee.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement