Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

What was that from Mignolet!?

Made me miss Reina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Aggers fault. Lazy as sin.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cianisgood

sterling got a haircut :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

That was Aggers fault too he passed and should have moved out . Also looks like BT sport are showing the Liverpool Vs. Celtic game .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Have to agree with Owen, Agger should have moved up after the pass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Owen called it right. Agger was the one at Fault for that.

He didn't give Mignolet a Passing Angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We're playing well, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sterling has some incredible control in tight spaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Christ Owens voice is so montone I couldnt tell if someone scored or got injured listening to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Allen looks tidy today. Maybe he might step up to the plate this season after the shoulder injury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hey lads don't praise Aspas too much. He's only a micky mouse player according to some :p

pathetic comment

rather than enjoy his performance you choose to post this crap just shows what is wrong with this place lately

one good half also proves nothing and I am sure if he does it over the season everyone will be delighted

Coutinho has been quiet enough, hope he'll put the kybosh on me by scoring :D

As bad as it is having Owen on "colour" commentary, it's great to hear Darren Fletcher doing the main commentary

Shame Allen wasn't an inch or two taller!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Allen clearly given permission to get into the area whenever he can, like to Coutinho move central for the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Allen playing well, has done all pre-season, hope he can bring it into league matches

redzerdrog wrote: »
    pathetic comment

rather than enjoy his performance you choose to post this crap just shows what is wrong with this place lately

one good half also proves nothing and I am sure if he does it over the season everyone will be delighted

O rly

I wasn't talking about the 1st half performance alone. He has looked a good signing since he has played preseason.
    It's true because those will be waiting in the wings to pounce and say "we told you so" if he fails to deliver

So Close!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The Joe Allen Story: Centre Midfielder to Centre Forward.

• Advertisement

How long til the Greek League starts? They look awfully off the pace so far.

Sterling! :mad:

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The Joe Allen Story: Centre Midfielder to Centre Forward.

Nuri
    Send your script to Ron Howard :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Starting to think joe Allen isn't the striker we need this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

O rly

I wasn't talking about the 1st half performance alone. He has looked a good signing since he has played preseason.
    It's true because those will be waiting in the wings to pounce and say "we told you so" if he fails to deliver

i remember Voronin having a great pre season aswell, Aspas performances have no doubt been positive so far but lets not kid ourselves he was bought as a squad player not a player that will without doubt improve our first 11 this season this year like maybe someone like mickey ryan or soldado would have

There was someone I never wish to see at Anfield again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

There was someone I never wish to see at Anfield again.

At least he isn't in the Dugout :pac:

i remember Voronin having a great pre season aswell, Aspas performances have no doubt been positive so far but lets not kid ourselves he was bought as a squad player not a player that will without doubt improve our first 11 this season this year like maybe someone like mickey ryan or soldado would have

Ok let's agree to disagree. He might have been bought to replace borini as well, but because he has settled in quick maybe Rodgers has changed plans. We still gave 3 weeks or so left in the window though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Great first half by Liverpool, playing some very neat stuff. PityJoe Allen didnt score one of his other two good chances, liverpool deserve to be ahead by more than one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

I remember Rodgers saying that we wouldn't see the best of Joe Allen playing in the role Lucas occupies. He said he was better playing as a box to box type of player. I think we're seeing that today.

He hasn't been perfect but his ability to get around the pitch is very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

A bit of shooting and heading practice over the next couple of weeks for allen and he could have a great season :pac:

• Advertisement

No arguments during a friendly.

Decent first half, should be about 5 - 0 really. Some nice ball retention albeit not under much pressure. Wouldn't draw many conclusions from who played where today though - Sterling right, Coutinho left, Allen in the hole, Aspas free range.

James looks ridiculous.

Look at the head on David James

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Impressive half. The team look sharp and fit for this stage of the season. They should be in top condition come the start of the season.

Great to see the problems that the pace and pressing of Aspas and Sterling is causing, two players that many might not consider starters, but who have been very effective.

Allen getting in good positions, but I don't think he is a good finisher (yes I know he scored but still).

What is interesting (and someone mentioned it yesterday) is that the shape of the midfield maybe seems to be a 1-2 rather than a 2-1. This would mean that there would probably not be space for the type of creative, playmaking attacking midfielder I wanted.

Allen could be a regular this season, or Henderson. Looks like there could be a space there for one of them to make the position his own.

Ah the summer of Voromania :D , dem wer dah dayz.

He was fairly average in pre-season too from what I recall, great goal against Toulouse aside.

Voronin wishes he got Aspas' Techniques.

How long til the Greek League starts? They look awfully off the pace so far.

A couple of days after the Premier League.

I've been critical of Allen in the past but if he can turn it around and stop silly mistakes/ takles etc. i'll be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Lucas and Aspas have been boss which is prob the most pleasing.

What a touch by Toure in the box.

Allen could have a hatrick, has done very well getting into the box.

Coutinho has been quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Pedalstool wrote: »
    I remember Rodgers saying that we wouldn't see the best of Joe Allen playing in the role Lucas occupies. He said he was better playing as a box to box type of player. I think we're seeing that today.

He hasn't been perfect but his ability to get around the pitch is very impressive.

He has a fantastic engine on him that's for sure. He needs to improve on his final ball and his finishing. I still get the impression that he feels slightly in alien territory when he's in a very advanced attacking position.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Half time money chatter, some lad on twitter @trevorpgerrard is giving it sticks about incoming money deals, all happening post Aug 9th apparently.

Not convinced, but lets see. Land is available and stadium can expand, there is some logic in the rumours, but that might the root of them rather anything concrete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Lucas has been back in full Boss Mode in that first half. Hopefully hes coming back to his pre-injury form at last. Aspas also pretty impressive. Enrique is fine defensively but offensively he is brainless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

watever about our attacking qualities pre season, toure has not put a foot wrong,and is a threat when up front.. looks to be a nice bit of work signing him.

Vincent Kompany ‏@VincentKompany 5m
    Steven G is awesome. Best P.L. player I've ever played against but I can't watch no more friendlies. I'm watching Championship today! :-)

In other news JWH just bought the Boston globe for $70m. It was once valued at $1.1bn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

barone wrote: »
    watever about our attacking qualities pre season, toure has not put a foot wrong,and is a threat when up front.. looks to be a nice bit of work signing him.

Ask any city or arsenal supporter they have huge time for him. I think its an extremely astute signing, hes hungry and due to his lack of playing time with city hes got something to prove which is rare for a player of his age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

rob316 wrote: »
    Ask any city or arsenal supporter they have huge time for him. I think its an extremely astute signing, hes hungry and due to his lack of playing time with city hes got something to prove which is rare for a player of his age.

agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

Morzadec wrote: »
    He has a fantastic engine on him that's for sure. He needs to improve on his final ball and his finishing. I still get the impression that he feels slightly in alien territory when he's in a very advanced attacking position.

Its something he will need to improve but lets not forget he is still very young. His technical ability is good. I think if he continues to improve the confidence he will gain will help him make better decisons in vital moments. A player with a high ceiling in my opinion.

Suarez sat next to our other outcast, Coates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

In other news JWH just bought the Boston globe for $70m. It was once valued at $1.1bn

Boy somebody messed that up not selling early.
    Suarez looking a bit miffed on the bench.....oh wait he always looks a bit annoyed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement