Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fizman wrote: »
    I see our other 4th spot rivals are doing well!

Had a mixed team out by the looks, weve had a good pre season whatever about the opposition, none conceaded nor ever looked like we would. Weve had worse pre seasons with better squads not that it really means anything but its nice to have wins and no injuries so far.

Ginge and Babel...

Riise got to play with gerrard and totti, lucky man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

NEC pulled 1 back. Groningen 2-1 Nec.

Groningen 3-1 Nec.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

The random football score reporting thread is that way ---->

• Advertisement

Carra and Suarez.
    propagandaphoto David Rawcliffe 5h
    Photo: Jamie Carragher has a quiet word with Liverpool's Luis Suarez. #GerrardTestimonial #LFC

BQv_wROCMAAOZaL.jpg:large

Wilshire...
    Dave Hendrick (@DaveHendrickTLW)
    8/3/13, 9:14 PM
    Wilshere admitting he'd love to play alongside Suarez? Does that mean he wants a move to Liverpool or Real Madrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Good lad Jamie, expect a new contract signed within the next 24 hours

Adorjan finally came on during Injury Time and played as LW.

I guess, it'll be awhile before he Starts for this Club.

He's probably be another one like Suso, who's Future is CM instead of CAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Marca (yes yes I know) and another Spanish rag both running with essentially the same story about Costa this afternoon - its in the players hands and LFC will triple his wages.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 13m
    President of olympiacos has just donated £100,000 to Steven Gerrard Foundation

Srijandeep Das @LFC_360
    Olympiakos also donated their share of the proceeds of today's game to the Steven Gerrard Foundation, ie, played for free.

What a fantastic gesture.

• Advertisement

El Presidente letter to the club.
    We are delighted to be part of this event for so many reasons.

Steven Gerrard is one of the finest footballers in the world, and it is fantastic to see today a club able to support a player with a testimonial after 15 years with them - but all the more so when the player is also able to play for his hometown team and achieve so much including becoming captain of club and country.

I have been a lifelong Olympiacos fan, as was my father before me, so I know only too well the pride and special feeling of being able to be part of the team that brings success to the club you've supported all of your life.

Steven may have selected Olympiacos for that special goal and all it meant to him and went on to mean, but I feel the clubs have a very special resonance and connection.

Olympiacos are a side from the port city Piraeus - today part of the wider Athens - the fans are famous for being the best and most passionate in Greece, creating a fantastic atmosphere in our stadium. Without any question it is their passion and commitment that has so often been the extra player that has cheered on their team in red and white to being the most successful club in Greece, reaching our 40th league title this year.

So it is perhaps easy to understand why Liverpool FC are very popular with many Olympiacos fans and why when I personally came to the UK to live for a while when I was younger and why I was so naturally drawn towards supporting Liverpool - as I still do today - as the connections and similarities are so clear and strong.

The clubs have been further bonded by their respective tragedies. I know all Olympiacos fans feel huge unity with Liverpool fans in the campaign for justice for the 96 as we have suffered our gate 7 tragedy where 21 supporters lost their lives just over 30 years ago.

We are equally delighted Steven has chosen to donate his proceeds from this match to the Steven Gerrard Foundation, a registered charity which helps disadvantaged children. This reinforces the feeling of common understanding as we will be donating our proceeds to similar charities in Greece to aid children who are in dire need of support today.

So for so many reasons when we were asked to take part, it was a very easy and quick decision.

We would like to offer our congratulations to Steven for a fantastic career so far and wish him a wonderful evening.

Gerrard.
    LiverpoolFC News ‏@LFCTransferNRS 45m
    Steven Gerrard.
    BQxAh6JCMAEtYTJ.jpg:large

LiverpoolFC News ‏@LFCTransferNRS 36m
    Steven Gerrard with Roy Hodgson and Gerard Houllier.
    BQxCch4CQAAWBj8.jpg:large

Robinson...
    LiverpoolFC News ‏@LFCTransferNRS 1h
    Jack Robinson came on as a 65th minute sub in his debut for Blackpool earlier today as they won 3-1 against Doncaster Rovers. #LoanWatch

Mignolet on SG.
    Simon Mignolet ‏@SMignolet 3h
    Delighted to make my debut today at Anfield! But today it was all about Stevie. Very pleased for him! #gerrardtestimonial

Bishop and Mellor.
    LiverpoolFC News ‏@LFCTransferNRS 5h
    Comedian John Bishop and Neil Mellor at Anfield today.
    BQv9KJ9CAAAJtyJ.jpg:large

Hendo.
    LiverpoolFC News ‏@LFCTransferNRS 5h
    Jordan Henderson celebrates after scoring his goal.
    BQv7M4CCMAE1cbb.jpg:large

Allen.
    LiverpoolFC News ‏@LFCTransferNRS 7h
    Joe Allen celebrating his goal with the main man, Steven Gerrard.
    BQvpSgqCUAAmRwF.jpg:large

BR on Suarez
    LiverpoolFC News ‏@LFCTransferNRS 8h
    Rodgers on Suarez: "No club has come close to our valuation."

Dempsey to Seattle Sounders.
    Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial)
    8/3/13, 6:00 PM
    We have reached agreement with Major League Soccer for the transfer of Clint Dempsey. #THFC

6 Year Installment Plan?
    Sánto (@Zizouology)
    8/3/13, 10:34 PM
    BREAKING: Real Madrid and Spurs agree Bale payment plan. Initial payment of €20M followed by instalments over 6 years. Total fee: €120M [AS]

Fowler on Suarez
    Sánto (@Zizouology)
    8/3/13, 5:03 PM
    Fowler: "Like every other Liverpool fan, me too want to see Suárez here. I think the reception he got, maybe that will sway him"

Premier League - Liverpool fans cheer Suarez, Rodgers wants £100m
    Liverpool fans applauded Luis Suarez during Steven Gerrard's testimonial, despite his apparent desire to leave the club.

1069550-17078066-640-360.jpg

Suarez received a warm ovation when he came off the substitutes' bench during the 2-0 win against Olympiacos even as he threatens to depart acrimoniously.
    The Uruguayan believes he should be allowed to discuss terms with Arsenal, who have tabled a £40,000,001 bid, but Liverpool remain insistent the striker is not for sale.
    Manager Brendan Rodgers said the applause sent Suarez a message that he was still very much part of the Anfield squad.

"It just shows you the class of the Liverpool supporters. Maybe people wondered what kind of reception he would get but that's the type of supporters Liverpool are. They love their own, and Luis is still very much part of the group and the team. They've given him everything, the supporters here.
    "He was probably humbled by the reception. There might have been that wee bit of trepidation about the reaction he might have got, but people who've been at this club a lot longer than me and know the Liverpool way, they know the fans always respect their people and respect their own.

"Today was another message from them that they love him here. We all love him, as a manager, players and supporters. We're trying to keep our best players."
    Rodgers said Arsenal's bid was nowhere near their valuation of Suarez, whom he said was worth as much as Bale.
    He said: "We've had two bids from one club and that was nowhere near the valuation in the market for a top player.
    "Until there is anything dramatic that changes he is still working, we have to get him up to speed for when he is fit.

"I was on the phone last night quite a bit with the owners and they know what we are trying to do: we are trying to build a group up and we are in no hurry to sell Luis or any other player.
    "Of course, throughout the world every player will have a value but you only have to look at the market and £40million and £1....Gareth Bale they are talking about nine figures.
    "Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez were arguably the two best players in the Premier League and you can't say Gareth Bale is valued at more than 100 per cent more than Luis Suarez."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-suarez-worth-much-bale-154515011.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dempsey gone!? That was quick

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Rumours of Suarez not attending the Gerrard testimonial dinner tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Thread was going like a bat out of hell yesterday , today with a match to discuss it's as slow as I've ever seen it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thread was going like a bat out of hell yesterday , today with a match to discuss it's as slow as I've ever seen it .

Its like when we loose, everyones got something to say but not a peep when we win. Positivity isnt appreciated around here.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Seeing all thats happening overall right now Costa would be Suarez replacement, i think we are getting into 'obvious now' territory tbh. I can see a deal happening where the money is handed out over a couple of years from Madrid. Selling to Arsenal we might as well be handing them the CL money ourselves.

Sack Brendan, Sell Suarez and ground share in Goodison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

If we lost,it would be a lot noisier in here.

• Advertisement

**** suarez at this stage tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

He didn't, and there was a good reason for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Pregnant wife?

Do tell?

A mate of mine is at the dinner, I was going to text him about Suarez until I realised. I dont' care that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

have a feeling spurs are gona come in for suarez with the bale money, defoe injured, adebayor's bad form

kevthegaff wrote: »
    have a feeling spurs are gona come in for suarez with the bale money, defoe injured, adebayor's bad form

If they sell Bale for 100, we can do a special price for Spurs. 70 Million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

He wasn't hungry?

That Spurs still have Defoe and Ade on their books is pretty bad, but enough of them eh? This thread seems to be taking an uncommon amount of interest in other clubs activities today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Anybody know where I can watch todays match in full ?

Anybody know where I can watch todays match in full ?

youtube

Probably Bull, but seen this one on Twitter.
    @Gunga__Din: Suarez and family straight to the airport after Gerrards testimonial. He's been given the week off to decide what he wants to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Probably Bull, but seen this one on Twitter.

I wonder what's to decide though? I thought the situation was that he wants to go, and the club doesn't want to sell to Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

rob316 wrote: »
    Its like when we loose, everyones got something to say but not a peep when we win. Positivity isnt appreciated around here.:D

Probably just gotten used to winning games this last 6 months.

I wonder what's to decide though? I thought the situation was that he wants to go, and the club doesn't want to sell to Arsenal.

Decide whether he wants to Play with us, or get Loaned to Napoli. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

T-K-O wrote: »
    If they sell Bale for 100, we can do a special price for Spurs. 170 Million.

Special price for Spurs? Think you forgot to carry the 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

He wasn't hungry?

Yeah. He got a happy meal from the Mcdonalds drivethru and now alls well again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

So far preseason has gone pretty well.

5 games played, 5 wins, 5 clean sheets and 13 goals scored.

I think there are lots of positives to take from the games we have played so far.

Beats last preseason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

billy2012 wrote: »
    So far preseason has gone pretty well.

5 games played, 5 wins, 5 clean sheets and 13 goals scored.

I think there are lots of positives to take from the games we have played so far.

Beats last preseason.

It'd be awesome if that was the outcome of our first 5 league games.
    When was the last time we had a decent start?

It'd be awesome if that was the outcome of our first 5 league games.
    When was the last time we had a decent start?

08/09 won 9 and drew 1 before the first loss, then another 15 or so until the next loss (it was the draws that killed us that season)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

mike65 wrote: »
    08/09 won 9 and drew 1 before the first loss, then another 15 or so until the next loss (it was the draws that killed us that season)

And Utd's record breaking run of clean sheets.

Nope it was the draws, I'm sure Liverpool were ahead of Utd until about Christmas.

Coates and Co.
    Sebastian Coates (@SebastianCoates)
    8/4/13, 12:15 AM
    Les dejo una foto en la fiesta de Steven Gerrard y su fundación.. Con los brasileños

BQxe6dzCAAA8V9d.jpg:large
    Transfer Central TNC ‏@TransferNewsCen 3m

Lugano Lugano "Suarez told me Liverpool got beaten twice by Albion last season, so that was a very good reference!

“Both he and Poyet said Albion play very good football and are a serious club which wants to accomplish something – and my first impression of the club is amazing.

“The references I got about Albion were just the best." -Ash http://fb.me/2QF7gZZoz

Suarez should have told him, that their Best Player was only a Loanee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Coates bird looks a bit too thin there.

Coates bird looks a bit too thin there.

Wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Vicxas wrote: »
    Wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting though

Lucas' bird is the business :)

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Lucas' bird is the business :)

She does look womanly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

You need to be built of tough stuff to deal with Lucas' tackle.

Speaking in purely football terms, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You can't say that Gareth Bale is worth 2.857142857142857 me's.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement