Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Some of those pictures reminded he of this hero for some reason.

diomede.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Who's that?

Bernarde or something similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Bald Suarez has a touch of the Obertans about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Bald Assaidi looks like Ray Shah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Who's that?

Diomede. Scorer of the best goal that wasn't given ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The moronic inferno continues -

Yesterday Rory Smith twitted that LFC had run the rule over Luis Muriel, he then clarified
    that was an old link, nothing current. Today the Star runs with Liverpool in for Luis Muriel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Who's that?

Bernard Diomede

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

barone wrote: »
    i think the one thing we can all agree on since the suarez saga started is that he has gone from hero to zero to us.

even IF he has to stay this season.. his adoration is gone,and it will never come back .. we defended him,stood with him,cheered him, fckin loved him. he was our rogue.

now he is a cnut .

and its because of his manner in trying to get away,his attitude seems to be , fcuk liverpool,im louis suarez,ill go where i want.

fcuk you louis,fcuk you. i hope you end up away from madrid.

Are you his ex wife or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

mike65 wrote: »
    The moronic inferno continues -

Yesterday Rory Smith twitted that LFC had run the rule over Luis Muriel, he then clarified
    that was an old link, nothing current. Today the Star runs with Liverpool in for Luis Muriel.

Tis all a bit of a circus at the minute.

Best for everyone to take a step back and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Atlético-MG director Eduardo Maluf: "Arsenal already denied Bernard's link. Club president said that we'll sell him, if a team offers €25M"

Come on FSG put the hand in the pocket :P (I know next to nothing about him as a player)

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I took this from the Official Site

Comparisons of DMs
    Screen-Shot-2013-07-03-at-00.07.55.png

Looking at the Stats, Lucas is Better than most DMs, but his Main Weakness is getting Dribbled Past by other Players.

This is Highlighted by our Game against Arsenal when Wilshire and Co. took him at will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I took this from the Official Site

Comparisons of DMs
    Screen-Shot-2013-07-03-at-00.07.55.png

Looking at the Stats, Lucas is Better than most DMs, but his Main Weakness is getting Dribbled Past by other Players.

This is Highlighted by our Game against Arsenal when Wilshire and Co. took him at will.

I suppose he was exposed more by the system when he was on his own in there and two more attack minded players were in front of him. Credit to BR he spotted it and asked captain stevie to slightly further back (I still contend he wasn't fully withdrawn, but whatever, another argument!) and stem the flow.

It would be interesting to see those stats das a progression across the season to see if he started badly and then improved.

If we have a new AM like Eriksen, we should also have one eye on the future in replacing Gerrard as well, who is playing more withdrawn but not quite sitting in front of the defence like Leiva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

If we win nothing else this season we'll win the 'most posts in the soccer forum' competition, by a country mile at that. Nobody expresses their frustrations as prolifically as us Liverpool fans do :)

opr wrote: »
    Come on FSG put the hand in the pocket :P (I know next to nothing about him as a player)

Opr

Is this because of the Price or have you seen enough of Bernard to actually Rate him?

I've seen 2 Games of him and a couple of Youtube Vids and I think he's still a little too green to make the jump to EPL.

And IMO, I don't think he'd be a Good Fit for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The difference is in the attitude Kess, you think he is being overly negative he thinks you or indeed anyone with any optimism is deluded.

But I don't. I disagree with some of what he says, and I agree with some of what he comes out with.

If I thought him overly negative or boring, I would simply not bother to attempt to engage with him.

Is this because of the Price or have you seen enough of Bernard to actually Rate him?

I've seen 2 Games of him and a couple of Youtube Vids and I think he's still a little too green to make the jump to EPL.

It was more a joke based on the recent conversations in the thread. I never seen him, only highlights. He does look like a Rodger's signing though, highly technically gifted, eye for a pass etc. At that price though he probably represents quite a significant risk although I think a few in the thread have seen him a number of times and are big fans.

Opr

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I think he'd be an excellent fit for us tbh, though I do agree he needs to refine his game a tad however. The talent is there for sure. As I said sometime ago in this thread when we were first linked with him. In the half a dozen games I've seen of him, I see similarities between him and Götze, although the traitor is certainly further ahead in his development.

I do think he'll end up at Porto though just because of the situation he is when his agents and all that jazz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I've read some horseshít on here but this beats all

after such a emphatic statement are you going to elaborate at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Rega wrote: »
    Diomede. Scorer of the best goal that wasn't given ever.

Please refresh my memory?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Are you his ex wife or something?

im sickened by his attitude, if thats ok with you.

barone wrote: »
    after such a emphatic statement are you going to elaborate at all

There's no need, it's probably want you want.

Glad you got it off your chest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

8-10 wrote: »
    Please refresh my memory?

Overhead kick that was deemed wrongly if I remember correctly. Against Sunderland I think

Scout Nation video on Soldado

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Here you go Kess, Rami apparently available for £7.75m. Link and Link

Hope no-one finds out about the buy-out clause mentioned & bids £1 more..might be in big trouble!

No mention of us being linked unfortunately...

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I think he'd be an excellent fit for us tbh, though I do agree he needs to refine his game a tad however. The talent is there for sure. As I said sometime ago in this thread when we were first linked with him. In the half a dozen games I've seen of him, I see similarities between him and Götze, although the traitor is certainly further ahead in his development.

I do think he'll end up at Porto though just because of the situation he is when his agents and all that jazz.
    Oh, there's no Doubt he is Talented. Not to mention, of the 2 Games I've seen him, he gave it his all. Runs his socks off and gladly took on his Defenders.

I really like him.

The Problem for me is more on his Position. LW. If he has Played another Position, I simply do not know. He was LW on the Games I've watched him and on the Youtube Clips.

LW is quite possibly the Strongest Position we have right now.

The List of Players that can Play LW:
    Ibe
    Sterling
    Suarez
    Coutinho
    Downing
    Assaidi
    Luis Alberto

If we're going to use 25M for an Untested Player, I'd rather we use it for Jese Rodriguez, who I Rate higher and can actually Play 4 Positions.

Or better yet, Use that Money to get Shaqiri and Strengthen a Position that we are actually Weak, RW.

Not to mention, Bernard's Situation is comparable to HM. Since 50% of him, is owned by a Third Party. So alot more Complicated than just Stumping up 25M for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I would be delighted to have Rami at the club. It would be like having Hyypia back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Tribute to Reina :D
    998416_619175358114477_1082188880_n.jpg

Thank god Shelveys gone, can you imagine how weird he'd look with Reina's baldy head.

Soldado to Spurs.
    Soldado to Spurs! (@THFC_LAD)
    25/07/2013 14:22
    The deal is done. #Soldado #SSN #transfers #THFC

Good, that's one more not to fret about.

Arsenal will be compelled to land someone big, just sayin'

• Advertisement

Not really that good. Spurs with a goalscorer will he quite a team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Kess73 wrote: »
    But I don't. I disagree with some of what he says, and I agree with some of what he comes out with.

If I thought him overly negative or boring, I would simply not bother to attempt to engage with him.

You don't think he has an agenda though? He's already stated a few pages back that he didn't even give Rodgers 1 match to prove himself. And he was making references that he thinks Hodgson is a better manager.

A negative opinion or just an agenda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm getting worried about Spurs at this stage, not sure how you can claim that signing to be good for LFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Not sure if this has been posted, but Ryan Babel (he's playing for Kasimpasa now, who!?) filled Christian Eriksen in on life at Liverpool.

It sounds like Eriksen would join us, but we haven't made him an offer.

Jesus, talk about the blind leading the blind! :rolleyes:

RasTa wrote: »
    I'm getting worried about Spurs at this stage, not sure how you can claim that signing to be good for LFC.

Where did I say it was good for LFC?, I just said its one less to fret about - as in one less supposed target to wonder if we'll sign. He was always headed for Spurs so I'm not surprised that's where he is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

I don't think he was saying that.

Spurs are piecing together a really good team. There are a lot of lessons to be learned from Spurs when it comes to piecing together a competitive squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Cant see anything on any of the football sites yet. Is it confirmed done?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

We were never in for Soldado IMO

gafferino wrote: »
    We were never in for Soldado IMO

I doubt it. I don't think we even had someone in Spain trying to negotiate. Was just a tabloid rumour I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Where did I say it was good for LFC?, I just said its one less to fret about - as in one less supposed target to wonder if we'll sign. He was always headed for Spurs so I'm not surprised that's where he is now.

Still isn't confirmed actually, it's just some random twitter comment. Although I would be worried that Spurs have got the last 3 targets you both where interested in if it turns out to be true.

• Advertisement

Still isn't confirmed actually, it's just some random twitter comment. Although I would be worried that Spurs have got the last 3 targets you both where interested in if it turns out to be true.

I don't think we were Interested in him TBH. Doesn't exactly Fit the FSG Profile.

If he was 4 Years younger, then sure. But 26M-30M for a 28yo? I don't think the Owners will sanction that Transfer.

Some more...
    FootballFC (@worldfootballfc)
    25/07/2013 14:44
    FULHAM hope to pull off the £8.6m signing of Roma striker Pablo Osvaldo this week #Transfers pic.twitter.com/8RPVN5cnXj

Glory glory Man Utd (@Rdte09)
    25/07/2013 15:12
    #BreakingNews BBC Sport learns tat Gary Hooper is expected to sign for Norwich after Celtic accepted a bid of £5m for the striker #Transfers

FIFA Insider (@FIFA_Insider)
    25/07/2013 15:49
    Anzhi and Inter Milan as well as Roma are interested in Manchester United winger Nani. #transfers

Get Football News (@GetFootballNews)
    25/07/2013 16:16
    Hull City have been given permission to speak to Evian striker Yannick Sagbo, despite the fact a fee has not been agreed as yet. #Transfers

Sports News 24/7 (@SportsNews442)
    25/07/2013 16:26
    Fulham have made another signing in midfielder Ange-Freddy Plumain on free transfer until 2016. #Transfers

Zeerak Azam (@ZeerakAzam)
    25/07/2013 16:35
    Verratti's agent had a meeting with PSG to discuss a renewal. He said: "We are far from reaching an agreement." #PSG #SSCNapoli #Transfers

Ezenwafor Arinze (@Ariwa_TripleC)
    25/07/2013 16:41
    Nottingham Forest have signed
    Algeria winger Djamel Abdoun for an
    undisclosed fee thought to be around
    £1.55m #transfers

MrBoywunder (@MrBoywunder)
    25/07/2013 17:02
    Marco Verratti's representative has claimed Napoli have made a 'monstrous offer'.

MrBoywunder (@MrBoywunder)
    25/07/2013 16:47
    #LFC, Arsenal & PSG are interested in Borussia Monchengladbach player Sinan Kurt (17), who has been dubbed the 'new Marco Reus'.

Skrtel...
    Liverpool FC‏@LFCFootyNews1m
    Skrtel: "It isn't easy, but I try to do my best and I try to show my manager that I'm able to play." #LFC

Liverpool FC‏@LFCFootyNews2m
    Skrtel: "Since I came to Liverpool there have always been three, four or even five players that play centre-back." #LFC

Liverpool FC‏@LFCFootyNews3m
    Skrtel: "Every day is a competition. You need to work hard and show your best every day in training." #LFC

John Henry Interview
    LFCZA‏@LFCZA
    John Henry talks bout #lfc, resources required to run the club & criticising agents in English Football (30 Mins in)

http://audio.weei.com/device/mobile/a/78330296/john-henry-red-sox-owner-we-ve-had-talks-with-jacoby-and-scott.htm

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oh, there's no Doubt he is Talented. Not to mention, of the 2 Games I've seen him, he gave it his all. Runs his socks off and gladly took on his Defenders.

I really like him.

The Problem for me is more on his Position. LW. If he has Played another Position, I simply do not know. He was LW on the Games I've watched him and on the Youtube Clips.

LW is quite possibly the Strongest Position we have right now.

The List of Players that can Play LW:
    Ibe
    Sterling
    Suarez
    Coutinho
    Downing
    Assaidi
    Luis Alberto

If we're going to use 25M for an Untested Player, I'd rather we use it for Jese Rodriguez, who I Rate higher and can actually Play 4 Positions.

Or better yet, Use that Money to get Shaqiri and Strengthen a Position that we are actually Weak, RW.

Not to mention, Bernard's Situation is comparable to HM. Since 50% of him, is owned by a Third Party. So alot more Complicated than just Stumping up 25M for him.

Bernard can play as CAM, RW or LW. Anyway, it matters little given his style of play along with Coutinho. Both their positions aren't set.

In the game last night, he was seen everywhere at one point or another. Regularly interchanging position with Ronaldinho and Tardelli on the right side, as well as playing deeper and bringing the ball out of defence whether by carrying up the pitch or attempting a Xabi like pass.

Shaqiri isn't going anywhere this year, chance he'll be on the move next summer though.

Can't really comment on Rodriguez myself as I've only seen snippets of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Any moves for Remy from QPR, hardly thought he'd stay there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

razorblunt wrote: »
    Any moves for Remy from QPR, hardly thought he'd stay there.

I think after him being arrested clubs are giving him a wide berth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Soldado to Spurs.

No offence Raif, but some chancer on Twitter saying something is a done deal means jack sh*t these days. Until its on the club website, then I wont believe a deal is done

Half them twitter posts above are gossip at best

Raif stop posting twitter shi1te! :D

Some more...

Skrtel...

John Henry Interview

Summer Transfer thread, most of these have nothing to do with Liverpool. Justy a long list of twitter drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Soldado to Spurs?, just think about all those lovely wages we will save by not signing him!!!, win win for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement