Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bolton Wanderers in a push to land Jay Spearing.
    DOUGIE Freedman has pledged Wanderers will do everything possible to sign fans choice Jay Spearing.

During Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Burnley the 2,500 travelling Whites supporters made their voices heard, urging the club to bring back the Liverpool midfielder who had been such a hit on loan last season.

Blackburn Rovers have already agreed a fee for Spearing this summer only for the 24-year-old to turn down a move to Ewood Park.

And though that figure is currently out of Wanderers’ reach, Freedman assured fans the club would be doing its level best to strike up a deal before the close of the transfer window in four week’s time. “Jay is a fantastic player – our player of the season last year – he’s available and we’re going to try our very, very best to make it happen,” the manager said.

Sounds like he is really appreciated there.

5starpool wrote: »
    I was in a pub after the game on Saturday (The Park) and I saw someone with a "Cannibal 7" jersey. I must admit I cringed a little bit.

Jaysus

I can see why the Trotters warmed to Spearing, always thought he was good myself, even when others were giving him flak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

mike65 wrote: »
    Bolton Wanderers in a push to land Jay Spearing.

Sounds like he is really appreciated there.

Ah here aswell mike, did ya not see the reception he got coming on saturday for gerrard? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I can see why the Trotters warmed to Spearing, always thought he was good myself, even when others were giving him flak.

Wasnt he their player of the season last year? Good little player, just not top 4 quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If bolton is where he wants to go I hope the clubdo eeverything to make it happen. You couldn't not like jay hes got a big heart but hes at the age now where he realises he isnt good enough for liverpool and needs to progress his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

From twitter:
    @MrBoywunder: Napoli have agreed a one year loan deal with #LFC for Martin Skrtel. (Tutto Sport)”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The Suarez of swimming.

TOTVFkR.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Leiva (our one) has closed his account on boards I see.

I always find it funny that people go to the bother of closing an account. Why not just you know...not post anymore? People take these forums way to seriously at times.

What was his meltdown about anyways?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

From twitter:
    @MrBoywunder: Napoli have agreed a one year loan deal with #LFC for Martin Skrtel. (Tutto Sport)”

What are they at?

Napoli have money to spend ffs. Our whole loan dealings with Italian clubs haven't exactly been a great success in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Some positive murmurings coming out about the Suarez saga today which is nice to hear.

If it plays out as I expect and he stays, then Suarez will have two options:

- Try to attract interest in him by continuing to perform on the pitch.

- Try to force Liverpool's hand and lower his market value (hence perhaps attracting interest in him at a lower price) by acting the dick.

I posted earlier in the summer that i thought he would probably just knuckle down and continue to give 100% if he didn't get his move, but I'm not so convinced now. The non-celebration and body language in Australia was not good to see, and I genuinely think he will be surprised and disappointed that he is still at Liverpool come September (if that is the case).

Our results in our first 6 games could be absolutely crucial to how Suarez reacts.

If we amass a points tally that shows top 4 is a possibility or maybe even a title challenge (it's not ludicrous to suggest we could be near the top of the table after 6 games given our relatively nice opening) then maybe Suarez will want to be a part of that. Especially if the team is performing well, scoring goals etc...

If we have a poor opening run, Suarez may feel that his opinion (that we are going nowhere, and that our signings are not good enough and will change nothing) has been confirmed. He may feel he doesn't want to be a part of that and make things difficult for us, or may simply become demotivated.

If we consider that many people consider holding on to Suarez as absolutely key to our short term future, then what is an already big opening 6 games are perhaps even bigger.

joe123 wrote: »
    I always find it funny that people go to the bother of closing an account. Why not just you know...not post anymore? People take these forums way to seriously at times.

What was his meltdown about anyways?

Nobody knows the reason he closed his account tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

@LFC: INJURY NEWS: Striker Daniel Sturridge today returned to full training after recovering from a ankle injury #LFC

Some good news there anyway.

Thank ****.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Nobody knows the reason he closed his account tbf

I do. #ITK

I said it before, he just wanted an extended break is all. Though closing his account wouldn't have been the way I'd have gone about it :pac:

• Advertisement

This morning 'looking a bit subdued' ;)

175630315-luis-suarez-of-liverpool-in-action-during-a-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qe%2fvJMEtQYB6eQv2xpA5TpHxuLP5ar29VqJHxgmCdOYowCrKAN8zHd0NL8FTmkydVQ%3d%3d

Careful!

175630297-daniel-sturridge-and-martin-kelly-of-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QTcezPHQcBLlo2PGg14gQNZF7yaJr4f7LKWDvDmMgmZJy4ktZfi2wJiy3tMdtugV%2fg%3d%3d

Every Suarez touch was greeted with cheers today by the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I thought someone said Suarez was given a week off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Is it true Suarez was the only player not to applaud the Kop after training?

tok9 wrote: »

For what? He's not injured

• Advertisement

Where you read that? Tinfoilhat Times?

tok9 wrote: »

Nah that was idle chatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

@LFC: INJURY NEWS: Striker Daniel Sturridge today returned to full training after recovering from a ankle injury #LFC

Some good news there anyway.

Will he be up to speed and match fit for Stoke does anybody know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Richard Buxton on twitter. He was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Was at the game Saturday and Suarez looked far from disinterested in the warm up beforehand. Was the only player sliding in and giving his all in the circle passing drill and was constantly trying to throw the bib to others to avoid being the one in the middle whenever it was his turn.

Carra came over then and Suarez threw him the bib. Straight away ball gets passed to Suarez and Carra lunges at him. Two of them had a laugh over it :D

Even if Suarez does want out and the club forces him to stay, I do not think he's the type of player who can withhold anything when on the pitch. Danger for me would be his frustration levels.

He's had a couple of long flights and very little time to settle back into things since the Confederations Cup. Don't blame him for being rusty on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I heard from a source close to LFC that he was wearing a pair of Arsenal boxers
    #ITK #rumourmill #followme

Here you go
    Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was cheered by fans at an open training session at Anfield but remained reluctant to acknowledge the support he was given.

Just like on Saturday at Steven Gerrard's testimonial virtually everything the Uruguay international did brought the select 5,000-strong crowd to life.

However, the 26-year-old did not seem keen to acknowledge their backing - even when the rest of the squad did so at the end of the session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Maybe he was focused on, you know, training? It's beyond ridiculous at this stage when every movement and gesture is being analysed in case there's a subliminal message from the lad

Richard Buxton on twitter. He was there.

I should have put in a smiley. Every facial movement etc is being scrutinised these days as a sign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Amazes me pool fans are still cheering his every move when he has said he wants to leave.

• Advertisement

Amazes me pool fans are still cheering his every move when he has said he wants to leave.

It is astounding that they'd want their best player to stay alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

I'm not sure the motive is just the affection that fans have for him or as much as the fear of what might happen if he leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka9mfZbTFbk

TBH its getting to these levels now - suppose if Suarez was alive in Jesus' time, this is what would have happened!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So what? We Jeer him out the door? Thats a pretty horrible way to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Vicxas wrote: »
    So what? We Jeer him out the door? Thats a pretty horrible way to be.

No just didn't think he deserves it with the way he has behaved that's all, not looking for a row or anything relax!

No just didn't think he deserves it with the way he has behaved that's all, not looking for a row or anything relax!

Fans are fickle. If he stays and starts scoring goals nobody will care about anything he said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I wouldn't let pride get in the way of keeping one of the best players in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Because we're not cúnts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'll cheer every player who puts on a red shirt.
    Whether their name is Luis Suarez, Steven Gerrard, Fabio Borini or Paul Konchesky. Doesn't matter how much I like or abhor them off the field or how badly they play, I'll hope they do better until the day they leave our club. Then their dead to me (except God, cos he's awesome :pac:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

False.

BQ5XpqdCUAAmHgr.jpg:large

Close up.

BQ5kix5CEAEGJCv.jpg:large

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Suarez might not be in the next couple of games anyhow, although he may go to Norway perhaps. Uruguay are playing on the 14th I think, and his missus is nearly due, so he might not be around much in the next couple of weeks either way. Just want that noted before the conspiracies start without any actual information such as him allegedly on a week off now.

I still reckon we are fighting an uphill battle to keep him. His recent silence is deafening, but welcome I guess, but if he is back in Uruguay I expect that to change.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just a quick video of Hendersons goal on Saturday i was lucky to capture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dcully wrote: »
    Just a quick video of Hendersons goal on Saturday i was lucky to capture.

Hoping to see this on saturday :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Haha just watched it with my headphones on and i can hear my young lad saying "look at him boy" referring to the pace of Sterling, lol such a culchie :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Did luis also have he's daughter at training with him, in her liverpool kit?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    Hoping to see this on saturday :)

You were roughly in row 24 seat 215 or so? I was a few rows behind, about 20 seats closer to halfway. Those damn pillars in the stand are something I will be glad to see the back of if work ever actually starts on the ground.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Surely to jaysus this Suarez saga needs to be sorted this week. I know the Window is open for a few more weeks but the season starts in 12 days and it cant be helping the teams preparations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

False.

BQ5XpqdCUAAmHgr.jpg:large

Close up.

BQ5kix5CEAEGJCv.jpg:large

Raheem sterling must be putting in a transfer request later today so...

Tinfoil hats put away for another day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Did luis also have he's daughter at training with him, in her liverpool kit?

Only briefly he went in over the ball on her #ruthless

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement