Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3weeks past due date

Options
  • 25-07-2013 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My sisters is pregant and 20 days past full term.
    Despite being made sign off aggrement by terms of hospital to not let any patients go more than 10days over full-term and agreeing to inducing baby after 10days.
    I thought it was crazy to let a teen go 20 days past full term and I fear for complications in labour for her now as she is only 18 and small build.
    what are the Mummys here thoughts on this, have you got more than a week past the due date?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I don't think you have the correct information from your sister.
    Which hospital is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Is this in Ireland? Was there a mix up in dates?

The longest overdue policy is 14 days in Ireland, and then induction would be offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Does the hospital have a different date than your sister does?

If this is true I'd be bringing her straight to the hospital and insisting something is done. When was the last time she was in the hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

lazygal wrote: »
    Is this in Ireland? Was there a mix up in dates?

The longest overdue policy is 14 days in Ireland, and then induction would be offered.

This is key. Induction would be OFFERED. If your sister does not wish to be induced and there is no medical reason for induction (being overdue on its own is not medical reason), she is well within her rights to decline induction.

I went 17 days over, and an associate went longer. We were both in Dublin.

Advertisement