Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NeverWet is finally available

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Not great from all accounts, it leaves a milky residue that wears off pretty fast on gloves and textiles.
    On body panels the same milky look won't encourage many to use it.
    I have seen it applied to the underside of dirt bike plastic mudguards to allow mud to fall off and it seemed to work well for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Yup. Not perfect. But certainly excellent on surfaces that don't bend, or are not aesthetic. Probably better on light coloured bikes.

And good for protecting electrical connections etc. It always worries me how so much of the wiring on my bike is exposed to rain.

And good for protecting electrical connections etc. It always worries me how so much of the wiring on my bike is exposed to rain.
    Modern connectors are pretty good compared to the old style non-sealed stuff. I wouldn't worry about wires being wet its getting frayed and torn that is the real problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,373 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Undo the connectors and pack the inside with silicone grease. It keeps out moisture and stops the contacts oxidising.

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Brilliant video, I'd love to have a play with that stuff! I'd cover most of my bike in it haha. I think its pretty expensive though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 aminjava

where do we buy this in Ireland ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Try ACF50 for your electrics. Brilliant stuff!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Or Q30, works like a charm on electrics

aminjava wrote: »
    where do we buy this in Ireland ?
    My local paint supplier sells it.

Advertisement