Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Barry blowing my mind

Options
  • 25-07-2013 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys,

Recently went to one of Keith Barrys "The Dark Side" tour shows.
    He explores quite a bit of strange and scary stuff during the shows and i was wondering if anybody can shed a bit of light on how he manages to pull off some of the stuff.
    For example he got two ladies from the audience and began to preform some ritual with an Ouija Board, it actually appeared as if a spirit had joined us in the Olympia as Keith requested it to prove it was around and immediatly after a glass cup near by exploded and a chair was knocked over, seemingly by nothing. I am skeptical of this kind of stuff, anybody got any ideas :D?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,813 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Keep in mind that during most shows when someone is 'pulled out of the audience' they are in fact a plant and working as part of the stage team.

Tis all a bit of fun really, nothing more.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

o1s1n wrote: »
    Keep in mind that during most shows when someone is 'pulled out of the audience' they are in fact a plant and working as part of the stage team.

Tis all a bit of fun really, nothing more.

In fairness to Keith , and I must set out my stall by saying I don't like his stage persona, I don't think he's using plants. From whats described above its all very very doable "on the fly" as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I haven't been to any of his shows, but my brother has been to 3 or 4. He is a very skeptical person as am I, and he was pulled from the audience one night.
    A ball was thrown from the stage, a few people passed it on, brothers wife caught it and gave it to him, as she wouldn't gobon stage.
    It was the trick with the cups and the nail underneath, brother said he was sh***ing himself, as his hand was being pushed down on each one.
    At the end of the show, an envelope which had been written on before the show, sealed and placed in a clear box was opened, on it was the initials of those from the audience. His was one if them, 4/5 on stage and correct initials for each.
    This was his first show, he didn't book the tickets, so credit card name wasn't used for initials or anything. Said it freaked him out at the time.

Its not in the remit of this forum to explain how effects were done.
    Suffice it to say that if you were entertained then Keith did his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

horgan_p wrote: »
    In fairness to Keith , and I must set out my stall by saying I don't like his stage persona, I don't think he's using plants. From whats described above its all very very doable "on the fly" as it were.
    Hate to ruin it for you but they are plants of a sort used for some of his tricks. Having been to his previous shows one of my friends was asked to do it, she was waiting outside the venue for us to arrive and she was approached by one of keith barrys team which took her details and gave her the details of what she was needed to do.

Theres nothing wrong with that, as far as im concerned its all part of the show, and I had a great enjoyable night at the show, I would have no problem going to see him again some time.

• Advertisement

horgan_p wrote: »

key phrase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

I went to the dark side when it was on in the tlt months back , have to say alot of seemed like i had seen it before but he was pretty good and stayed back after the show for pics and a chat untill every one had gone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Hate to ruin it for you but they are plants of a sort used for some of his tricks. Having been to his previous shows one of my friends was asked to do it, she was waiting outside the venue for us to arrive and she was approached by one of keith barrys team which took her details and gave her the details of what she was needed to do.

Theres nothing wrong with that, as far as im concerned its all part of the show, and I had a great enjoyable night at the show, I would have no problem going to see him again some time.

I don't know I everyone is a plant to be honest because my cousin was picked to go on stage and she wasn't planted, plus like a previous poster had said , her name was in the envelope, the full name.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

Coyg2210 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Recently went to one of Keith Barrys "The Dark Side" tour shows.
    He explores quite a bit of strange and scary stuff during the shows and i was wondering if anybody can shed a bit of light on how he manages to pull off some of the stuff.
    For example he got two ladies from the audience and began to preform some ritual with an Ouija Board, it actually appeared as if a spirit had joined us in the Olympia as Keith requested it to prove it was around and immediatly after a glass cup near by exploded and a chair was knocked over, seemingly by nothing. I am skeptical of this kind of stuff, anybody got any ideas :D?
    you do not seriously think it may be real?

Advertisement