Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 22), July 26-28, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Massive two away matches on the way for Shels. Hope, they can keep the momentum going, coming out with 6 points...well...4 of them are more realistic, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Knowing us we will win this.

But reality will sink in half way through and we will easily get beat.

Pats -1 might be a good bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

SPA Vs City is on Setanta as well.

I think we will win this one. A horrible poxy 0-1. We are due a bit of luck and our record in Richmond is decent.

At least I don't have to look at those ugly mugs in the corner at Turners cross with those banners.

That lad with the cap is going to get slap from me soon enough.(and im not any way aggressive)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

your obsessing now.

Thought City upped their game last Friday.

If they continue in that vein then they will at least give Pats a game.

• Advertisement

your obsessing now.

Thought City upped their game last Friday.

If they continue in that vein then they will at least give Pats a game.

Im not the one obsessed to get my kicks from a freaking banner:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Massive two away matches on the way for Shels. Hope, they can keep the momentum going, coming out with 6 points...well...4 of them are more realistic, I think.

Big weekend alright especially with Bohs v Drogs on too. a win is a must for Shels as those around us will be dropping points.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

At least I don't have to look at those ugly mugs in the corner at Turners cross with those banners.

That lad with the cap is going to get slap from me soon enough.(and im not any way aggressive)

Few of the buddies are getting a bit píssed off with him as well.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Very tight down the bottom. A win for us against Drogheda would make things very interesting. Wouldn't expect it though, missing Heary, Byrne and Pender.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Missing key players with suspension. Tough ask but a win could see Drogheda dragged right into the mix for relegation. I'd be very happy with a draw going into a must win against UCD next week.

• Advertisement

Young fella around 23ish?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ndo v Chambers. Could be the game that never ends.

gimmick wrote: »
    Young fella around 23ish?

Ya thought he looked bit older say around 27-28 although hard to tell with cap. He was wearing blue shirt last night.

Seems to be the ring leader of that Dozen or so. Comes over to celebrate at the end until things go tits up and banners come flying out again.

I hope its not you;):pac:

No, I'm a bit older than that. But I know exactly who you are on about.

No, I'm a bit older than that. But I know exactly who you are on about.

Its just bit annoying. I don't mind at the end of games, but during and before a game you get behind the team.

Express your views on manager after.

I thought we played well last Friday night. Deserved the 3 points. But we look so nervous the last 10 minutes of every game now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Its just bit annoying. I don't mind at the end of games, but during and before a game you get behind the team.

Express your views on manager after.

I thought we played well last Friday night. Deserved the 3 points. But we look so nervous the last 10 minutes of every game now.

Season long to be honest.

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Ya it was a result of that period at the start of season up to May when we were conceding goals in last 5-10 minutes for fun

ShamoBuc wrote: »

It has been, but what good did people do by calling for the managers head while we were holding a lead going into the last 5-10 minutes on Friday?

It has been, but what good did people do by calling for the managers head while we were holding a lead going into the last 5-10 minutes on Friday?

This is it exactly.

I mean with 5 minutes to go these lads were singing and jumping. Next thing Dundalk score and its banners out time.

We still had few minutes left to maybe snatch a winner and still they were more concerned about holding a banner up.

They are not supporters in my eyes.

The banners were up before the equaliser. Which makes it worse in my view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

No, I'm a bit older than that.
    A bit? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hard times in Galway when Salthill are going down to Mervue to play a home game OP! :pac:

None whatsoever, just pointing out how atrocious our form has been in the closing minutes of matches this season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Very nervous about tomorrow. Even when Shels were woeful earlier in the season we couldn't take the game to them. I remember last season, they went down to 10 men and were still the better team.
    Robbie Benson looks like he's playing with a lot of confidence at the moment and our defence looks "slightly" more solid than it has done. I just hope we haven't used up our luck against Rovers last week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

If we get a goal in the 1st 30mins we should get 3 or 4 but if we dont score early or concede it will be a 50/50 game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I see Shamrocks are providing their own ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

AgileMyth wrote: »

ha check twitter some cracking tweets from both sides pissed off at the ref :D

Must win game for us.....absolute must win......last 3 weeks will mean **** all if we dont win.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Hard times in Galway when Salthill are going down to Mervue to play a home game OP! :pac:

Fahy's Field (shudder) is the happening place to be for football in Europe, everyone is going there..:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

In Dundalk i hope & i reckon it will be full respect to Bray and take nothing for granted.
    Bray have some fine players and have been a bit of a bogey side for us in recent years.
    Byrne will be on fire to score against his former employers that's for sure.KMW will also be a handfull i reckon.
    The top of the leauge is tight now.Bit of pressure on the Dundalk lads to win tonight but i reckon we can do it.
    2-1 Dundalk is my call ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

In Dundalk i hope & i reckon it will be full respect to Bray and take nothing for granted.
    Bray have some fine players and have been a bit of a bogey side for us in recent years.
    Byrne will be on fire to score against his former employers that's for sure.KMW will also be a handfull i reckon.
    The top of the leauge is tight now.Bit of pressure on the Dundalk lads to win tonight but i reckon we can do it.
    2-1 Dundalk is my call ;)
    Yeah, although Bray are on a bad run of form they are pretty lethal up front and seem to be involved in a lot of high scoring games. Good news for us is that Towell and Boyle back so hopefully we can keep them out. Will be hoping Cork can get some kind of result this evening as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd love to think Bray can get something tonight, but I'm really not confidant. One of the first times thinking that we won't possibly get even a point. I think the aforementioned 2-1 Dundalk is a good call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    ha check twitter some cracking tweets from both sides pissed off at the ref :D
    No idea why Shamrocks are pissed off. He still blatantly supports them.

Terrible ref on top of his obvious bias though. Think away in Richmond was the last time he reffed us. We had a bull**** red card followed by a bull**** penalty go against us that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

In phibsboro here and the rain is bucketing down heavy. What's the latest a ref can call a game off? I wanna go to Dalyer after work.

Omackeral wrote: »
    In phibsboro here and the rain is bucketing down heavy. What's the latest a ref can call a game off? I wanna go to Dalyer after work.

Same in Whitehall, but if you look northwards, blue skies :eek:

Wasn't the match between Shels and St.Patricks in Inchicore called off 30 minute before KO?

AgileMyth wrote: »

red card away to Bohs, so I'll go for a penalty for Sligo in this one. Elding just has to fall over without hitting out at anyone to get it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They just updated the Bohs Facebook page there 3mins ago advertising tonight's programme so must still be on.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

dfx- wrote: »
    red card away to Bohs

Well you had a phantom penalty since then

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

1 all between UCD and Shels and Langtry sent off for throwing an elbow according to extratime.

dan1895 wrote: »
    1 all between UCD and Shels and Langtry sent off for throwing an elbow according to extratime.

A Shels supporter on the pitch to have a word with the ref, according to Extratime :eek:

A Shels supporter on the pitch to have a word with the ref, according to Extratime :eek:

Saw that. Fecking eejit!

• Advertisement

Saw that. Fecking eejit!

This will end up no good, more paid stewards next time in Tolka, more money to be spent by the club :rolleyes:

Dundalk 1:0 up against Bray, btw.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss

2:1 Shels, Dean Kelly :cool:

Drogs 1:0 in Dalymount Park, and a second red card for UCD.

And me again :pac:

Cork 1:0 up, just 5 minutes after having a player sent off

McNulty putting on a show here.

Great if City could hold on.

Bohs equalise. Heard the cheers from dalymount in the house.

Bohs equalise. Heard the cheers from dalymount in the house.

Never mind. If it stand like that, Shels are winning three matches in a row by the same scoreline :D

Never mind. If it stand like that, Shels are winning three matches in a row by the same scoreline :D

Great set of results for Shels tonight :-D

Kilduff showing the way.

Time for some fresh legs Tommy.

FFS

• Advertisement
Advertisement