Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 22), July 26-28, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cruel game.

You'd have to feel for Tommy as the camera scanned to him despondent in the dugout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭kksaints

Phew! Thought we had thrown away 2 points there. Was it a Peno lads? I didnt see the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I fúking hate Injury Time!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember last minute goals used to really hurt.

I'm desensitized to it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I ****in love Shelbourne FC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

dan1895 wrote: »
    Great set of results for Shels tonight :-D

What are the odds of Shels winning all of the remaining matches by 2:1 goals?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I would love to see what table would look like if you took away the goals from 85th minute onwards.

Crazy stuff although we were unlucky, just like last week.

Limerick next week. Might make trip up.

CSF wrote: »
    I ****in love Shelbourne FC

There you are taking the words right out of my mouth :)

I remember last minute goals used to really hurt.

I'm desensitized to it now.

As a Shels fan, I know full well that's a lie!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ooh, Salthill beat Cobh 1-0 in Drom so now they are level on points!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

As a Shels fan, I know full well that's a lie!!

Fond memories....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Sickened when I heard about Pats late late goal. Would have been just a point behind Pats had Cork held on. Dundalk weren't great tonight. Bray were better team in the second half but we hung on for a narrow victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

No excitement at all in the LOI ! Why do you nutcases follow this rubbish ? ...... :D

Bray threw everthing but the kitchen sink at us tonight,scrappy enough game but byjaysus at the end you knew you had a strong oul beating heart .
    Bray deserved a draw tbh.Hit the bar,the post,Cherrie saving on a couple of occaisions. Jayo doing nothing all night and then bamm! It realy was backs against the wall stuff from Dundalk in the last 15 as they lay very deep.
    I need a beer.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Big night of results down the bottom. Happy with the point even though it leaves us bottom. Drogs can feel very hard done by given the amount of chances they had. Anto Murphy with a big impact on his return. Lot more positivity around Dalymount.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

How on Earth do such incompetent officials continuously get games? Not sure what the deal with the linesman but he must have failed a course in UCD at some stage.
    First red was a yellow at most. Extratime say Langtry threw an elbow, but it was a shoulder to the chest. Second red was a complete farce. Referee was 5 yards away from the incident and (rightly) deemed it only worthy of a talking to. Yet the same linesman who was 40 yards away was going mad trying to get the referee to send Kavanagh off. He really is a disgrace of an official.

On a better note for us, Craig Walsh's goal will be contender for goal of the season.

• Advertisement

How on Earth do such incompetent officials continuously get games? Not sure what the deal with the linesman but he must have failed a course in UCD at some stage.
    First red was a yellow at most. Extratime say Langtry threw an elbow, but it was a shoulder to the chest. Second red was a complete farce. Referee was 5 yards away from the incident and (rightly) deemed it only worthy of a talking to. Yet the same linesman who was 40 yards away was going mad trying to get the referee to send Kavanagh off. He really is a disgrace of an official.

On a better note for us, Craig Walsh's goal will be contender for goal of the season.
    Didn't really catch either of the sendings off but you almost definitely would have got something out of the game without them.

Didn't really catch either of the sendings off but you almost definitely would have got something out of the game without them.
    Probably. Maybe not all three but would have gotten a draw I think.
    Really screws us up for next week against Bohs with two of our first choice defenders suspended. Anything but a win leaves us in massive trouble.

Probably. Maybe not all three but would have gotten a draw I think.
    Really screws us up for next week against Bohs with two of our first choice defenders suspended. Anything but a win leaves us in massive trouble.

Ill gladly go with the draw and a Shels win in Bray to give us some breathing space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hopeless away tonight despite another late goal. Where the **** were the fresh legs Tommy?? McNulty was keeping us in it until that penalty. Dont even have the energy to fully have a go off Flood for diving all over the place.

Pats are a good team no doubt, I feel bit sick though a City team paying them so much respect it was bordering on cowardice. Tommy has to go now, we need a lift with Shels and Bohs picking up points.

Hard to argue with one of the banners from the much maligned section on here.

1 step forward, 2 steps back.

We are getting worse not better under Tommy Dunne. A change has to be made because relegation's looming the way we are playing.

• Advertisement

Hard to argue with one of the banners from the much maligned section on here.

1 step forward, 2 steps back.

We are getting worse not better under Tommy Dunne. A change has to be made because relegation's looming the way we are playing.

May I ask, what is his point of view? Is he blaming the fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How far off Europe are we?

SantryRed wrote: »
    How far off Europe are we?
    Only 20 points, nothing we can't handle.

The only way is up :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

kksaints wrote: »
    Phew! Thought we had thrown away 2 points there. Was it a Peno lads? I didnt see the game.
    I didn't see the game but I can tell you now it definitely wasn't!

dfx- wrote: »
    red card away to Bohs, so I'll go for a penalty for Sligo in this one. Elding just has to fall over without hitting out at anyone to get it..
    We've actually got a couple of players fit this week so I don't think Elding will start. Though he could do well if he does. Himself and Raf together got a lot of goals early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭kksaints

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I didn't see the game but I can tell you now it definitely wasn't!

Ah a Sligo fan. That puts every more pressure on ye now.

Not really. We need to stop dropping stupid points. That doesn't change based on what others do.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    May I ask, what is his point of view? Is he blaming the fans?

To be fair he hasnt fallen into the trap of blaming fans yet. He has blamed injuries, players concentration, referees and expectation. Well I guess thats kind of blaming the fans.

Just overawed there tonight. Pats and City have had fair few battles down the years but that was as far from a battle as you could imagine. Funnily enough, the late goals make it seem we're a bit unlucky to someone who sees the results. We haven't been. Can't think of a single really good 90 minutes we've played all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I was behind the goal and it was a definite penalty. Sure, Brennan went down easily, but what does Kilduff expect to happen when he decides to pull his jersey. You just can't do that.

I though it was a sending off as well. I watched the whole incident because I knew someone was going to throw the head in and the other fall down, it just turned out to be Spillane who fell for it in the end. It was idiotic.

I thought McNulty in goal for Cork was magnificent. Really kept Cork in it and he didn't deserve to be on the losing side, delighted as I am that he was.

We deserved the victory in the end, but jaysus it was a close run thing. Great feeling to see that net ripple at the end though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Some good photos from tonights match in Richmond Park

Cork goal

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/776617/

Pats peno

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/776642/

That peno picture looks fairly conclusive to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

SPA are a good side no doubt and deserved to win that game but the manner of which was sickening. I have no doubt people will be sharpening their knives even further ad a result but what can you do? Had we held on it was a great away performance and Tommy done right. The fact we lost Tommy is a c@nt.

Fact is we have no one on the bench who could have helped last night. Had Danny Murphy not put his throw straight out of play 30 seconds previous SPA wouldn't have went up and scored.

Next 2 games are huge but I think we will get 6 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Limerick are sliding back and with Bohs at home I be disappointed with anything less then 4 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Huge point for us last night. Absolute relief around Dalymount when it went in. 4 points from 2 games now with UCD next week. Seem to be turning the corner slowly but surely and at the right time too.

Anto Murphy was MOTM for me. Won nearly everything and really settled in well. On the flipside, Keith Buckley was dirt last night. He's not a winger.

Mulligan looked lively when coming on and Dinny looked sharp up front.

Delany's distribution is fúcking dreadful.

Could've easily lost the game. Drogheda the more threatening side and if not for the crossbar, surely would've taken all 3 points.

Delighted with a point anyway.

Corholio wrote: »
    To be fair he hasnt fallen into the trap of blaming fans yet. He has blamed injuries, players concentration, referees and expectation. Well I guess thats kind of blaming the fans.

Just overawed there tonight. Pats and City have had fair few battles down the years but that was as far from a battle as you could imagine. Funnily enough, the late goals make it seem we're a bit unlucky to someone who sees the results. We haven't been. Can't think of a single really good 90 minutes we've played all season.

It is, but at least, he is not using foul language, such as 'deplorable', in public ;)

About the penno...looks pretty much like one, I'm afraid to tell you. All that shirt pulling stuff might be overrated, since it doesn't cause any harm, but the UEFA wants fair play and stuff :rolleyes:

Lars1916 wrote: »
    It is, but at least, he is not using foul language, such as 'deplorable', in public ;)

About the penno...looks pretty much like one, I'm afraid to tell you. All that shirt pulling stuff might be overrated, since it doesn't cause any harm, but the UEFA wants fair play and stuff :rolleyes:

Ya was a peno alright, for the shirt pulling. Silly from Kilduff but only without him so far we'd have been dragged even further back last few weeks.

Not confident about the next 2 games, Limerick and Bohs. Definitely need to win 1 of them, its hard to be too confident with displays like last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Would put the house I don't own on a draw in the showgrounds tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

qwabercd wrote: »
    Would put the house I don't own on a draw in the showgrounds tonight.

That would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Story of Drogheda's season, creating chances but not putting them away. Then making stupid mistakes at the back or switching off when marking to allow teams in to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Extratime say Langtry threw an elbow, but it was a shoulder to the chest.
    It was an elbow, I was looking directly at it, meanwhile you were 50 yards further away.

He threw an elbow, maybe it didn't connect, maybe it did, but thrown the elbow was.
    Second red was a complete farce. Referee was 5 yards away from the incident and (rightly) deemed it only worthy of a talking to. Yet the same linesman who was 40 yards away was going mad trying to get the referee to send Kavanagh off. He really is a disgrace of an official.

Were you at this match even? The ref booked him, and forgot he had booked him previously, the lino was "going mad" because he was telling the ref it was a second yellow.:rolleyes:
    absolutely brilliant goal, definite GOTS candidate.

How the fcuk did Cork Keeper not get man of the match, some fo those saves were unreal.

It was an elbow, I was looking directly at it, meanwhile you were 50 yards further away.

He threw an elbow, maybe it didn't connect, maybe it did, but thrown the elbow was.
    Let's see on MNS. I was side on to the incident and saw no elbow. Perhaps I am wrong.

Were you at this match even? The ref booked him, and forgot he had booked him previously, the lino was "going mad" because he was telling the ref it was a second yellow.:rolleyes:
    Oh dear. You should probably check your facts before you use the ol' :rolleyes:
    It was a straight red card. Kavanagh hadn't been booked before that. Hugh Douglas had. If you don't believe me, have a look at Extratime's report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Delighted with the point against Drogheda, they were probably the better team on the night.

It was never likely to happen, but it would have been nice to get the three points against them and suck them into this relegation battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Only got home from my holidays this afternoon, but that table made great viewing and got rid of the holiday blues!

• Advertisement

0-0 in Sligo

Shames 12th draw.

Sligo won 3 in last 13 after winning 1st 8.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dfx- wrote: »
    red card away to Bohs, so I'll go for a penalty for Sligo in this one.

\o/

We get a penalty and still booed the ref off the pitch. He is a joke.

Hammered Shams last night and just could not score. Brushie man of the match easily. Dave McMillan actually played very well but missed a penalty and hit the post from a one on one.

Lot of positives to take from that. Its as good as we've played in the league since the Derry game. We need North to go on a scoring run if we're going to challenge. Should be easier if we make a big signing this week. ;)

You know the guy Finn that plays for Shams and is the best player ever ever? Where the **** was he last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Should be easier if we make a big signing this week. ;)

We're still looking?

Please be Quigs...please be Quigs..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Oat23 wrote: »
    We're still looking?

Please be Quigs...please be Quigs..:D

Better from what I've heard!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement