Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Money Regularly between my accounts via BOI Banking 365

Options
  • 25-07-2013 6:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am a BOI customer for quite a while and have been using the banking 365 online banking for years. However I am looking to make regular transfers of money between my accounts, and I cannot see how to do this using the new software.

When I go into Transfer Money Between My Accounts, it appears that this is a single transaction only, with no option to make regular payments, i.e. on a weekly / monthly basis.

If I go into set up a SO, then I can make regular payments, but I cannot select my accounts, so it looks as if I would be making external transfers of money, i.e. to another person.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

mcyilic2 wrote: »
    I am a BOI customer for quite a while and have been using the banking 365 online banking for years. However I am looking to make regular transfers of money between my accounts, and I cannot see how to do this using the new software.

When I go into Transfer Money Between My Accounts, it appears that this is a single transaction only, with no option to make regular payments, i.e. on a weekly / monthly basis.

If I go into set up a SO, then I can make regular payments, but I cannot select my accounts, so it looks as if I would be making external transfers of money, i.e. to another person.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Hi mcyilic2,

Unfortunately you cannot set up an ongoing instruction to make regular transfers between your accounts through Banking 365. You need to manually make the payment each time.  An option that may suit can be setting up a future date payment, however these cannot exceed 60 days.  So if you want the payment to go out weekly you can set up 4 future date payments at the start of a month.

If this option does not suit and you need to set up a Standing Order, you will have to input the full account details of the beneficiary account, there will be no drop option.  If you need to discuss this further a representative in Banking 365 can talk you through setting up any of these options.  

Hope this answers your question. 

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mcyilic2

Thanks Sean. Yes this was the way I did it in the end. Not ideal but is a work-around I suppose. Maybe this would be a good update for future development of the application.

Thanks again, Isla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Isla, 

All feedback received through boards.ie is passed to the relevant areas. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement