Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be pushed or Jump?

Options
  • 25-07-2013 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

My employer recently invited me to a Disciplinary Hearing about my current role. I believe they are following this avenue so that they can dismiss me without the possibility of me raising an unfair dismissal case. In response I have instead chosen to hand in my notice- can they still insist I attend a Disciplinary Hearing?

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You're still employed so the answer would be yes; twice so if they think you might try to do something later such as unfair dismissal simply to have it on file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Most employers couldn't get a disciplinary hearing right if Susan Denham sat in.

I'm not sure what you've gained by handing in your notice. Any disciplinary hearing that had the possibility of dismissal has to be notified to you in writing and all the evidence presented to you ahead of time.

Only you know whether you're over reacting or whether there is something you're not telling us ;)

Advertisement