Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to replace cracked Nexus 7 screen?

Options
  • 25-07-2013 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭

Have a Nexus 7 which got dropped and now has a very cracked screen. It's touchscreen is unresponsive where it's cracked. So it's nigh impossible to use.
    Need it repaired asap...

Anyone can suggest or recommend a fixing centre in Galway city/Oranmore?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Gatica wrote: »
    Have a Nexus 7 which got dropped and now has a very cracked screen. It's touchscreen is unresponsive where it's cracked. So it's nigh impossible to use.
    Need it repaired asap...

There are a few shops around doing this kind of thing. Laptek on Eyre St is the only one that I can think of offhand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

thanks for the suggestion. Got quote from Electronic Partner on Eglinton St. for 125 Euro :( ah well. I think that's probably standard enough price. I paid around same for my smartphone screen a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Gatica wrote: »
    Need it repaired asap...

One of the only places that fixes them is Electronic Partner in Galway, think they are in Eglington street, they are not official repair and are quite expensive at 130, I have a broken one also but was waiting for this new nexus to be announced to see would it bring down the price of the screens so I can do it myself, it hasn't as of yet.... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

sounds about right. So at least I'm not the only one with the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you handy with tools? If so you can DIY it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtIFkIKtYf8

If not, EP and Laptech are both good.

Advertisement