Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipswich town sign waterford united player

Options
  • 25-07-2013 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Just saw the news there that ipswich town have signed waterford uniteds jack doherty for an undisclosed fee, I'm sure it was no more than 100, 000 but lets hope it helps with their debts

Good news for other players there this means they are being watched.

Don't know of all the contractual details but lets hope it works out for all parties involved

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Just saw the news there that ipswich town have signed waterford uniteds jack doherty for an undisclosed fee, I'm sure it was no more than 100, 000 but lets hope it helps with their debts

Good news for other players there this means they are being watched.

Don't know of all the contractual details but lets hope it works out for all parties involved

Yeah, jack is a good player alright and hopefully it goes well for him. Daryl Murphy is in ipswich so that will help things. Mick is no stranger to Waterford also. anyone hear how seani maguire is getting on? he was destined to leave the LOI, too good for this league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Max Powers wrote: »
    Yeah, jack is a good player alright and hopefully it goes well for him. Daryl Murphy is in ipswich so that will help things. Mick is no stranger to Waterford also. anyone hear how seani maguire is getting on? he was destined to leave the LOI, too good for this league

Its good to see players being picked from the irish league (that can be debated) but in this case I'm glad to see the fi ancial rewards go to waterford united, I'm sure he has a sell on and international clause in his contract which will benefit waterford, well I read something to thT affect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tallaght FC did very well when Keane made his move from Wolves to Coventry if I recall rightly. Not sure what they'd have spent the money on though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Rumoured to be 50k. Should go some way to paying heno what he's owed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

mike65 wrote: »
    Tallaght FC did very well when Keane made his move from Wolves to Coventry if I recall rightly. Not sure what they'd have spent the money on though!

IIRC. there was also something similar when Noel Hunt made his break to England. Waterford had a few quid of that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Seani Maguire is also over there with West Ham. For some reason they missed the boat in organising a friendly with West Ham because there was a decent crowd at the Cork City match. Plenty travelled over for the game which would have helped with finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

ziedth wrote: »
    IIRC. there was also something similar when Noel Hunt made his break to England. Waterford had a few quid of that too.

Noel Hunt was never signed by Waterford United. He only ever played here on loan from Shamrock Rovers. How that happened is beyond me. If anyone got money from that it would be Johnville I'd say as they were the ones he was playing with.

Regarding Seanie Maguire, he signed for West Ham United at the start of the year and is by all means doing very well over there.

Really hope it works out for both the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

:D I looked at this thread to see had the city or county council somehow put up an Ipswich sign in error somewhere!

looksee wrote: »
    :D I looked at this thread to see had the city or county council somehow put up an Ipswich sign in error somewhere!

If Waterford had a link with Ipswich I'd abandon the county without a second thought. :D

cococoady wrote: »
    Noel Hunt was never signed by Waterford United. He only ever played here on loan from Shamrock Rovers. How that happened is beyond me. If anyone got money from that it would be Johnville I'd say as they were the ones he was playing with.

Regarding Seanie Maguire, he signed for West Ham United at the start of the year and is by all means doing very well over there.

Really hope it works out for both the lads.

Your dead right coco, IIRC he played a friendly against rovers below in Ozier and scored a couple and they signed him after it. Maybe it's Darryl Murphy I'm thinking of but I could have sworn they got something for Hunt too. Maybe compensation thing after what happen after the friendly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Your dead right coco, IIRC he played a friendly against rovers below in Ozier and scored a couple and they signed him after it. Maybe it's Darryl Murphy I'm thinking of but I could have sworn they got something for Hunt too. Maybe compensation thing after what happen after the friendly?

Stephen played with Waterford Utd at Youth level I think. Could be him you're on about.

It's a 2 year deal for Jack which will earn him very decent money if he's regularly in the Ipswich first team squad, gets called into the Irish u21 squad or makes a full International appearance in the next couple of years.

Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

kensutz wrote: »
    Seani Maguire is also over there with West Ham. For some reason they missed the boat in organising a friendly with West Ham because there was a decent crowd at the Cork City match. Plenty travelled over for the game which would have helped with finances.

They also had an offer to play another Premiership club but with fixture congestion couldn't take up the offer. Hopefully the offer will be made next year again.

If Waterford had a link with Ipswich I'd abandon the county without a second thought. :D

Sure ya have abandoned the county already. Sure ur living in Kilkenny as is.

Sure ya have abandoned the county already. Sure ur living in Kilkenny as is.

I know, I'm only 30 yards from the border. Made a schoolboy error :D

I know, I'm only 30 yards from the border. Made a schoolboy error :D

30 yards or 30 miles, the fact is you are still living in Kilkenny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MikeyReilly

He played so well that night Damian Richardson, the then Rovers manager, offered him a contract on the pitch right after the game had finished. A monumental blunder by the club to play him without having him signed.

He played so well that night Damian Richardson, the then Rovers manager, offered him a contract on the pitch right after the game had finished. A monumental blunder by the club to play him without having him signed.

I remember it well. He was the best player on the pitch by an absolute mile. He was even a hell of a player when he was on loan..It was heartbreaking to see happen when he went to Rovers.

Easily the best player I have ever played against (up till our Wednesday night game :))

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i remember the recent good waterford united days i think it was seasons 2003,2004 and 2005.

Crowds used to be large every friday night when Waterford played at home. Almost Won the FAI cup in 2004 but it ended in heartbreak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i remember the recent good waterford united days i think it was seasons 2003,2004 and 2005.

Crowds used to be large every friday night when Waterford played at home. Almost Won the FAI cup in 2004 but it ended in heartbreak

What are crowds like in the RSC on a Friday now?

I remember going to a few games back around 2003 when a couple of Carrick heads were playing for them and the crowds were decent enough.

looder wrote: »

I remember going to a few games back around 2003 when a couple of Carrick heads were playing for them and the crowds were decent enough.

Last night I think there was over 600

• Advertisement

looder wrote: »

Carrick had a few serious players back in those days. I remember we played against them in the cup once (maybe 01) and it was like playing against a team of Zidanes it was all first touch passes and lay offs. I guess that's what you get when teams grow up together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

they may as well sell them all to ipswitch now as they are in so much debt over the ex manager debacle...

Last night I think there was over 600

I would love to go with my kids to support the club and team financially when they need it most, when is their next home game?

I would love to go with my kids to support the club and team financially when they need it most, when is their next home game?

They are playing at home to English Premier league team Crystal Palace next Saturday at 6pm.
    Tickets are priced

Adults €15
    Concessions €10
    Kids €5

They are playing at home to English Premier league team Crystal Palace next Saturday at 6pm.
    Tickets are priced

Adults €15
    Concessions €10
    Kids €5

Will be there.

Waterford United case adjourned to this afternoon.Judge said it will be sorted today one way or another.

Tickets are priced

Adults €15
    Concessions €10
    Kids €5

Either way, should the club fold or not the game is going ahead this Sat.

What I find sad is at the top of this page theres an ad for man utds tour looking for support which they will get and the local team is facing closure, I also bet a lot of those supporters who will watch man utd were also cursing the visit of the queen.

The club has survived a high court case. Settlement agreed on

• Advertisement

Waterford United are very happy that the on-going high court dispute has been today resolved to the satisfaction of all parties, and the club can now move on and look to the future.

The Club would particularly like to thank the Blues fans – so many of whom have put their hands in their pockets over the last couple of days and dug deep once again to help their club, John O’Riordan of Dillon Eustace Solicitors, and the FAI, for all of their help in bringing this matter to a satisfactory conclusion.

Waterford United Football Club can now move forward in fulfilling its obligations and look to the future one more, starting with this Friday’s Airtricity League fixture at Salthill Devon, and the friendly against Crystal Palace at the RSC on Saturday.

Advertisement