Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate now on Channel 5 and Demand 5

Options
  • 25-07-2013 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

For anyone who has heard about Love/Hate from friends or family back home, I thought it worthwhile to note that it's now showing on Channel 5. the first episode premiered last night :)

Also available online on Demand 5 but only for 28 days or so. :) Seems like a good show, looking forward to watching it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

the first episode of series 1 aired last night on channel 5,series 1 good, series 2 even better,series 3even better again,i watched them all on rte since 2010 rte are currently re showing all 3 series on friday nights,love/hate is probably the best show rte ever produced,super stuff, It should be a big hit here in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

dom40 wrote: »
    the first episode of series 1 aired last night on channel 5,series 1 good, series 2 even better,series 3even better again,i watched them all on rte since 2010 rte are currently re showing all 3 series on friday nights,love/hate is probably the best show rte ever produced,super stuff, It should be a big hit here in the uk.

What about Reeling in the Years :)

you might want to add FAIR CITY to the list when youre at it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well I watched the first episode and have to say, I was impressed! The production values are pretty good. So far the reviews have been mostly positive too. I can see why this show has been such a success.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Only watched the one episode so far but it's really good. If you can get past the fact that the cast are far too attractive to be members of the Dublin underworld, it's well worth watching.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

you might want to add FAIR CITY to the list when youre at it!:)

Are you really comparing Fair City to Reeling in the Years :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Only watched the one episode so far but it's really good. If you can get past the fact that the cast are far too attractive to be members of the Dublin underworld, it's well worth watching.

I was sceptical as well from looking at the cast members and it being made by RTE but it's far better than I thought it'd be, Hughie, Nidge and Fran are quite convincing 'scumbags'.

Are you really comparing Fair City to Reeling in the Years :eek:

absolutely not,Ithought you were joking,I dont rate reeling in the years at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Really really enjoyed this. Apparently we have to wait until next year before Channel 5 show Season 2. :eek: Can it be accessed on RTE Real Player does anyone know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Merkin wrote: »
    Really really enjoyed this. Apparently we have to wait until next year before Channel 5 show Season 2. :eek: Can it be accessed on RTE Real Player does anyone know?

Shocked at how much I love it myself. Might have something to do with nostalgia.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

love/Hate is not available to us in the uk via rte player,box sets of series 1 2 & 3 are available to buy..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Shocked at how much I love it myself. Might have something to do with nostalgia.

Yeah, it made me feel briefly nostalgic but then I remembered I'd met people like Hughie & thought better of it...

Watched the opening of season 3 last night. Love seeing streets and pubs I've walked past. Can't get over how good this is.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

I bought the box set myself and am currently on series 3 . Super stuff . Word is series 4 starts nov 3rd on rte so fingures crossed series 4 DVD is ready for Xmas

Series 4 starting on rte on sunday 6th october,

has anybody any experience of purchasing an irish IP address in order to watch these on rte iplayer

kelledy wrote: »
    has anybody any experience of purchasing an irish IP address in order to watch these on rte iplayer

much better to watch irish programmes via sky,Ive been watching all the irish channels for years via an irish sky subscription,,

much better to watch irish programmes via sky,Ive been watching all the irish channels for years via an irish sky subscription,,

:eek: Seriously? Are they channels specifically tailored for Sky or do you get RTE, TV3 etc as shown in Ireland?

im aware of that but i have nobody to register a box and card to at home. there must be another way

:eek: Seriously? Are they channels specifically tailored for Sky or do you get RTE, TV3 etc as shown in Ireland?
    the channels i receive are the same channels anyone gets in ireland via sky.

• Advertisement

kelledy wrote: »
    im aware of that but i have nobody to register a box and card to at home. there must be another way

there are sites advertising irish sky viewing cards for sale I dont know if they are any good or not,thankfully Ihave family back home to register my sky with,

the channels i receive are the same channels anyone gets in ireland via sky.

Wow that's mad. If I just phone Sky will they do it from here in the UK?

Wow that's mad. If I just phone Sky will they do it from here in the UK?

NO NO NO,SKY will not allow you to do that,Its breaking their terms and conditions,

Advertisement