Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport photos

Options
  • 25-07-2013 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I need to get photos for the renewal of an american passport. I don't think the photos from the photo machine in Tesco's will be accepted. There are a number of rules for american passport photos. Does anyone know of anywhere in town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

The photo shop on O'Connell St dos them. I've never had any issues getting Irish passport photos off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    The photo shop on O'Connell St dos them. I've never had any issues getting Irish passport photos off them.

Also the pharmacy a couple of doors down. Have had photos returned and passport application delayed using that one in Tescos arcade, causing a mad dash to Dublin to collect passport in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭rocky raccoon

The US Embassy are very particular about passport photos, the size and the persons position stating:

"The required photograph frame size should be 2" x 2" as per examples. The head (measured from the top of hair/head to the bottom of the chin) should measure between 1 inch to 1 3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm) with the eye level between 1 1/8 inch to 1 3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo."

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotoreq/photoexamples/photoexamples_5300.html#page

This is probably similar to other nations but I do know that the US are very strict. I also remember from my last renewal, when I was living in Dublin, that the size of the photos taken by some chemists, machines, etc., are not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Well considering it's a photo shop on O'Connell St. I'm sure they can assist you with the exact requirements.

Only one way to find out and that's to go in with your specifications and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

I need to get photos for the renewal of an american passport. I don't think the photos from the photo machine in Tesco's will be accepted. There are a number of rules for american passport photos. Does anyone know of anywhere in town?

photofast o connell street, got kids done there, no problems

• Advertisement

hugo29 wrote: »
    photofast o connell street, got kids done there, no problems
    Hugo can I ask if those photos were for an American passport? I remember the last time I had it renewed I had to get photos done a second time as they would not accept the first ones I had done as they didn't meet the requirements. That time I was told by the place that took the original set that they would be ok, but they weren't. That is why I am looking for advise from Sligo people with American passports who had the photos taken in town. Some places might genuinely think that their pictures are accepted when they might not.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Well considering it's a photo shop on O'Connell St. I'm sure they can assist you with the exact requirements.

Only one way to find out and that's to go in with your specifications and ask.
    Went in to the photoshop today. They do the photos alright, €18 I thought he said, but it could have been €15 he said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Myself and my partner got ours done in Mulreaneys on Wine St. No issues whatsoever and we've used them for the States. I can't remember the price but I do know it was way under €10....I think about €6.

johnire wrote: »
    Myself and my partner got ours done in Mulreaneys on Wine St. No issues whatsoever and we've used them for the States. I can't remember the price but I do know it was way under €10....I think about €6.

Will look into mulreaneys next week, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

But was that for U.S. passports? Or Irish passport travelling to the U.S?

Mulreanys is called Cara Pharmacy now!

• Advertisement

Following your advice I went into a Chemist on Wine St. today, not sure if it was Mulreaneys. They told me they do the 2" x 2" photos that I need, €5.60 each. Thanks

Advertisement