Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam or just bad practise? No e-fibre!

Options
  • 25-07-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am very frustrated with Eircom once again. 

1. June: Sales rep comes to our door and sells me fibre at €30 a month contract for 24 months. Installed within 2 weeks.

2. 25th July: Still no sign of fibre. My bill continues to include line rental which I did NOT sign up for.

3. I was sent out a modem I did not ask for and was charged for this!

4. I have spoken to 4 people in Eircom today alone. Non of whom can explain why I am charged line rental, modem rental and refusing to credit me for these services that I never signed up for.

The last time I said never again eircom.... The costumer care team lady even complained to me that they keep getting calls from angry costumers, who was misled by the sales rep! What kind of business does that!!!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

1. June: Sales rep comes to our door and sells me fibre at €30 a month contract for 24 months. Installed within 2 weeks.

2. 25th July: Still no sign of fibre. My bill continues to include line rental which I did NOT sign up for.

4. I have spoken to 4 people in Eircom today alone. Non of whom can explain why I am charged line rental, modem rental and refusing to credit me for these services that I never signed up for.

The last time I said never again eircom.... The costumer care team lady even complained to me that they keep getting calls from angry costumers, who was misled by the sales rep! What kind of business does that!!!?

Hi Starcaster75

In order to to connect new customers to efibre. We need to set up a standard account with line rental and broadband. Before migrating the customer to the efibre service.

This should have been made aware to you when the agent called.  Can you PM with the account number on the bill you received.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Starcaster75

I got your PM with your account details thanks. I checked with the efibre back room team and they advised that your estate / local cabinet is not connected to the fibre network as yet.

They were unable to give an indication as to if or when the cabinet and your address will be connected to efibre I'm afraid.

I am very sorry the agent gave the wrong information about the availability of the efibre service.

However work is continually ongoing and there may be some developments over the next few monts.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Starcaster75

Thanks for checking up on this.

So the conclusion is that I have been scammed by your sales staff.

This is a disgrace! It and should be followed up by eircom with an offer of free regular broadband until you have the product that I was sold. 

You are in clear breach of an oral contract and I will be taking this to comreg, consumer ombudsman and the media if I am not offered compensation by the end of the week.

Best Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

This is a disgrace! It and should be followed up by eircom with an offer of free regular broadband until you have the product that I was sold.
    Yeah, good luck with that! :-|

Thanks for checking up on this.

So the conclusion is that I have been scammed by your sales staff.

You are in clear breach of an oral contract and I will be taking this to comreg, consumer ombudsman and the media if I am not offered compensation by the end of the week.

Best Regards,
    Hi Starcaster75

I spoke to a manager in eircom customer care and sent you a DM to escalate the matter further.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement