Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Beam I8530 leaked JB ROM

• 25-07-2013 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

For those of you who bought a Beam several months ago on the Bargain Alerts thread, you may not be aware that there's a leaked JellyBean rom available along with a Root hack. I installed it on my own Beam yesterday and have not run into any problems with it...much ,much better than the laggy stock Gingerbread rom.

Official Samsung release is apparently still a few weeks ago, but if you're feeling brave (and need Root) why not give it a try now?

How to install the JB rom..

http://www.pamandroid.com/2013/06/official-jellybean-4-1-2-xxamf1-update-for-galaxy-beam-gt-i8530/

How to Root your JB Beam..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

The odin download on that page is a dead end, any idea where the correct one could be found? Thanks for the link, I may get around to taking this out of the box and actually using it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Official update is still not out... Samsung are really being slow on this one.

The leaked ROM works fine on my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Nforce wrote: »
    The leaked ROM works fine on my phone.

Good to hear - is the performance much better than the old version?

Any idea if it's easy to revert to the original version if the new one causes problems?

• Advertisement

RainyDay wrote: »
    Good to hear - is the performance much better than the old version?

Absolutely no problems that I've encountered as yet. As you can expect, it's much more fluid than the original Gingerbread.
    RainyDay wrote: »
    Any idea if it's easy to revert to the original version if the new one causes problems?

Not sure, it's probably possible to back up your original rom, but I didn't bother.

There are some Youtube videos on both upgrading and downgrading. Just search Galaxy Beam Jelly Bean.

Absolutely no problems that I've encountered as yet. As you can expect, it's much more fluid than the original Gingerbread.

Not sure, it's probably possible to back up your original rom, but I didn't bother.
    embraer170 wrote: »
    There are some Youtube videos on both upgrading and downgrading. Just search Galaxy Beam Jelly Bean.
    Cheers, thanks.

Still no sign of the official version... I wonder if Samsung are ever actually going to release it?

No problems to report on the leaked version.

• Advertisement

No problems to report on the leaked version.

Thanks for the update.

Does anyone know if there is any reason to enable USB debugging mode during the upgrade?

Am I right in thinking that all my apps will reinstall automatically after the upgrade? I don't need to keep a list of my apps, do I?

So I went ahead with the update, and it was fairly painless, once I found the update on Mediafire, linked in the description of the video above. It was fairly painless in the end, though I had a little shock when it booted up in German initially, though that was easily changed. The apps did reinstall automatically afterwards. It's a minor pain having to log back in to FB and LinkedIn and Tumblr etc.
    The big plus for me is that now I have access to Chrome, which seems to be faster and smoother than the Next browser that I was using. But Chrome doesn't seem to have an 'open in background tab' option, which is very handy when you want to open 4 or 5 links from the one page.

Advertisement