Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen Recording software

Options
  • 25-07-2013 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I need to record videos of a program installation to post on youtube. I used to do this in a previous job, and I used Windows Media Encoder 9.0 which worked fine..

I am now running Windows 7, so I downloaded Windows Media Encoder again, which seems to be the same version, and it's giving me problems... It brings up an error because of my old creative soundcard (which works fine in every other application)... I have searched and there seem to be a number of freeware alternatives.. Has anybody got a recommendation for what I should use?

thanks,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

It's not freeware, but you could give Camtasia a look, it's pretty good. The trial version is fully functional.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

or try SnagIT - great tool - 30 day free trial

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

iDemo is a good one too, there are versions that are completely free but the latest one is a trial

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Camstudio is freeware and might work for you.

But it can have issue with audio depending on soundcard

Advertisement