Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22KW Star/Delta Motor & Controls

Options
  • 25-07-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was working on an existing setup the other day.

22KW motor.

Basically, my question(s) are;

1. On which part of the circuit should the overload be positioned.
    2. In relation to the amps that are stated on the motor ID plate, what should the overload be set at?

I have my own ideas but just want to confirm, or not as the case may be.

Thanks.

Ask any questions you require

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

didn't you ask about this before?

there was a huge thread on the matter back when i was mcebee

all the info you need is there if you search for the thread

i think the overload can go 3 places and current setting is either FLA or 0.58 FLA

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Jeez, maybe I did ask before, had forgotten, apologies. I'll look back for that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Mike hammer welcome back didnt realise you were mceebee,good to have a person with your knowledge back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

The usual position is probably in the main contactor, set at 0.58 of full load. This position gives the best coverage including during startup..

If in the delta contactor set at 0.58, it will be out of circuit during startup.

If in the main supply line, set at full load amps, it will be far above the star running current, so not offering much protection then, although likely not needing it for the short star connected duration.

• Site Banned Posts: 52 ✭✭mikeoneill893

Bruthal wrote: »
    The usual position is probably in the main contactor, set at 0.58 of full load. This position gives the best coverage including during startup..

If in the delta contactor set at 0.58, it will be out of circuit during startup.

If in the main supply line, set at full load amps, it will be far above the star running current, so not offering much protection then, although likely not needing it for the short star connected duration.

sounds bout right:pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65224252:pac:

remember this....deja vu all over again wah:pac:

• Advertisement

sounds bout right:pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65224252:pac:

remember this....deja vu all over again wah:pac:

Yea, I forgot about that thread.

ya i just switched accounts

i was mcebee