Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August weather ONLY MOD NOTE : #213

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Kenring

Rightwing wrote: »
    Are we in for a cold or mild winter Ken ?
    I think we'll have to start another thread for that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

OK THIS THREAD IS GONE WAY OFF TRACK , ITS ONLY TO DISCUSS THE WEATHER FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST AND THATS IT , NOT PEOPLES METHODS , NOT I WAS CORRECT YOU WERE WRONG , JUST THE WEATHER FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST AND THAT IS ALL no more warning will be given,

I am going to set up a thread dedicated to Ken's wether predictions and discussing his method , ANY I TOLD YOU SO'S WILL BE BANNED , ANY PERSONAL ABUSE AND YOU WILL BE BANNED, ANY BACK SEAT MODDING AND YOU GUESSED IT YOU WILL BE BANNED, ANY COMMERCIAL INTERACTION AND YOU WILL BE BANNED , KEEP IT ALL ON THREAD OR PM

Anyway here is the Ken Thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85886243#post85886243

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

ANY I TOLD YOU SO'S WILL BE BANNED , ANY PERSONAL ABUSE AND YOU WILL BE BANNED, ANY BACK SEAT MODDING AND YOU GUESSED IT YOU WILL BE BANNED, ANY COMMERCIAL INTERACTION AND YOU WILL BE BANNED , KEEP IT ALL ON THREAD OR PM

My God, is there anything at all allowed?

You look lovely in the peak cap by the way.

BANNED

I don't think this is fair. It singles me out again for special treatment. There is no forum for discussing the efficacy of Met Eireann or MTC, so the thread will be an opportunity to denigrate me from the start, and a way those who find ideological difference to make up what they think I do and mislead people who genuinely wish to understand lunar forces better.
    Before one goes to a doctor one does not case the neighborhood to find out what people think of him. One visits someone they have decided beforehand they wish to receive information from. It is the same with taking your car to a certain mechanic and it is the same with me. To continually hold me up as something to be endlessly and critically scrutinied is a magnet for fault-finding.
    It is the reverse of a basic rule. I am not allowed to tout for business. So why should boards.ie allow itself to tout me for non-business by allowing criticism and unkind constant critical analysis?
    If this thread goes ahead I shall complain to as high an authority as I can. It is simply not right nor fair and hugely disrespectful of someone just trying to make a contribution to help people enjoy their lives a bit more. My contributions to any threads do not threaten anyone, they are just opinions. People do not have to read them. All are free to ignore or find interest.
    Obviously I cannot contribute to a forum dedicating itself to pulling me apart which will be a magnet for the worst in some posters who have already expressed false information about what they think my methods consist of, e.g 18 year cycles etc. My method is much more than that and involves a 3-sided approach, a combination of solar factors (for amounts of prior evaporation), lunar factors (for weather timing, the use of about 5 cycles), and inner planets (for impact on the solar cycle).
    It is all basic science rooted in commonsense. It need not threaten any meteorologist, many of whom are posters here under false names. It will do boards.ie more harm than good. Media watch this space and they build articles from what they read. They will be laying themselves open to false information because it will be hearsay.
    Please reconsider this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

solas111 wrote: »
    ANY I TOLD YOU SO'S WILL BE BANNED , ANY PERSONAL ABUSE AND YOU WILL BE BANNED, ANY BACK SEAT MODDING AND YOU GUESSED IT YOU WILL BE BANNED, ANY COMMERCIAL INTERACTION AND YOU WILL BE BANNED , KEEP IT ALL ON THREAD OR PM

My God, is there anything at all allowed?

You look lovely in the peak cap by the way.

Well to be fair it is an August thread.

Although I think the rest of August is going to be pretty much as it is at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Kenring wrote: »
    I don't think this is fair. It singles me out again for special treatment. There is no forum for discussing the efficacy of Met Eireann or MTC, so the thread will be an opportunity to denigrate me from the start, and a way those who find ideological difference to make up what they think I do and mislead people who genuinely wish to understand lunar forces better.
    Before one goes to a doctor one does not case the neighborhood to find out what people think of him. One visits someone they have decided beforehand they wish to receive information from. It is the same with taking your car to a certain mechanic and it is the same with me. To continually hold me up as something to be endlessly and critically scrutinied is a magnet for fault-finding.
    It is the reverse of a basic rule. I am not allowed to tout for business. So why should boards.ie allow itself to tout me for non-business by allowing criticism and unkind constant critical analysis?
    If this thread goes ahead I shall complain to as high an authority as I can. It is simply not right nor fair and hugely disrespectful of someone just trying to make a contribution to help people enjoy their lives a bit more. My contributions to any threads do not threaten anyone, they are just opinions. People do not have to read them. All are free to ignore or find interest.
    Obviously I cannot contribute to a forum dedicating itself to pulling me apart which will be a magnet for the worst in some posters who have already expressed false information about what they think my methods consist of, e.g 18 year cycles etc. My method is much more than that and involves a 3-sided approach, a combination of solar factors (for amounts of prior evaporation), lunar factors (for weather timing, the use of about 5 cycles), and inner planets (for impact on the solar cycle).
    It is all basic science rooted in commonsense. It need not threaten any meteorologist, many of whom are posters here under false names. It will do boards.ie more harm than good. Media watch this space and they build articles from what they read. They will be laying themselves open to false information because it will be hearsay.
    Please reconsider this.

There is a thread to discuss

MTC

Met Eireann

and now you

Basically there is a thread to discuss anything that derails all other topics , it a platform for you to discuss your views without everything else being taken off course ,

I dont see where your issue is ,

There will be no abuse towards you tolerated, just a discussion about your predictions and methods

Ive wasted to many hours moderating this thread and very little of the actual postings are about the weather.

There is a thread to discuss

MTC

Met Eireann

and now you

Basically there is a thread to discuss anything that derails all other topics , it a platform for you to discuss your views without everything else being taken off course ,

I dont see where your issue is ,

There will be no abuse towards you tolerated, just a discussion about your predictions and methods

Ive wasted to many hours moderating this thread and very little of the actual postings are about the weather.
    Can you not see that such a thread touts for my business? By continually giving my methods (which are clearly working) oxygen, it naturally drives people more to my website and products. And yet you say you do not wish to allow the forum to do this. So which is it? By setting up a thread about me you are setting up an advertising site for my products. You may as well have a thread entitled, is Red Bull better than Pepsi.

Can you not see that such a thread touts for my business? By continually giving my methods (which are clearly working) oxygen, it naturally drives people more to my website and products. And yet you say you do not wish to allow the forum to do this. So which is it? By setting up a thread about me you are setting up an advertising site for my products. You may as well have a thread entitled, is Red Bull better than Pepsi.

People want to discuss you ,

They want to discuss your methods ,

The exact same way they do the Donegal Postman, MTC , Met Eireann,

It's a drain on moderating time having to go through a thread that is supposed to be about August and 80% is about you .

I dont see your issue here :confused:

You wont be mentioning your site on the thread so it is not an advertising platform, If people wish to google you of there own free will then so be it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

People want to discuss you ,

They want to discuss your methods ,

The exact same way they do the Donegal Postman, MTC , Met Eireann,

It's a drain on moderating time having to go through a thread that is supposed to be about August and 80% is about you .

You wont be mentioning your site on the thread so it is not an advertising platform, If people wish to google you of there own free will then so be it ,

I'm in agreement. You check the August Weather thread to check about what people think the weather will be like in August. One person posted their predictions and it became a thread about the validity of those predictions. It deserves a thread of it's own.
    So back to the question in hand...what are the models looking like for the rest of Autumn?

Incorrect. I will be mentioning parts of my site that I get information from, that is free, and on a par with what Met Eireann puts out that is also on their website. If you do not allow me that privilege you are simply being discriminatory.
    If you wish to avoid strain on your moderating time then you are going in completely the opposite direction. You should have learned from the past that mention of the moon makes people think (incorrectly in my mind) of astrology and other ideas they have strong emotional and religious prejudices against, and the vitriol will grow to such an extent the forum will be, as has happened in the past, closed down.
    I suggest you look in your own archives to remind you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Incorrect. I will be mentioning parts of my site that I get information from, that is free, and on a par with what Met Eireann puts out that is also on their website. If you do not allow me that privilege you are simply being discriminatory.

If you wish to advertise your business on this website please contact sales@boards.ie and pay for the privileged by purchasing a Rep Account.
    Any further mention of your site before doing that will result in a siteban.

Also, you are arguing with a Moderator on thread.
    That is against the rules.
    Dragging threads off topic in such a way is unacceptable and disruptive to other users.
    PM the Moderator if you wish to discuss something, or take it to the DRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Have to say this week in Dublin has been great summer weather, when ME said "unsettled" in their forecast last week referring to the week ahead I had given up hope. If I was offered this past week for the rest of August I would take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Have to say this week in Dublin has been great summer weather, when ME said "unsettled" in their forecast last week referring to the week ahead I had given up hope. If I was offered this past week for the rest of August I would take it.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

JM Skipton wrote: »

Completely agree, Galway has had a really lovely summer week apart from this afternoon. And the sun is shining again now.

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Completely agree, Galway has had a really lovely summer week apart from this afternoon. And the sun is shining again now.
    From Met Eireann, "Tuesday ..will become largely dry as a ridge of high pressure builds, bringing brighter conditions with sunny spells and light winds.." Looking good for the coming week as around Wednesday the Moon will be in the southern declination zone and right south on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

around Wednesday the Moon will be in the southern declination zone and right south on Saturday.

Eh? What's the translation of this?
    In reality the Moon has been south of the equator (having southerly declination) since Friday the 9th, and moves from south to north of the ecliptic on Wednesday.

What on earth is a "southern declination zone" and what on earth is meant by a "right south"?

Popoutman wrote: »
    Eh? What's the translation of this?
    In reality the Moon has been south of the equator (having southerly declination) since Friday the 9th, and moves from south to north of the ecliptic on Wednesday.

What on earth is a "southern declination zone" and what on earth is meant by a "right south"?
    Popoutman, please do not engage with me. Your agenda has been shown to be either to get me banned or force closure of threads that I post to.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Popoutman, please do not engage with me. Your agenda has been shown to be either to get me banned or force closure of threads that I post to.

He's just asking questions, Ken.

Your constant ill mannered responses to his questions are doing you no favours here.
    If you get banned again, it will be nobodies fault but your own. Throwing about insults in response to genuine questions will tend to do that.

So perhaps you could answer his question, for those of us that are also curious?

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    He's just asking questions, Ken.

Your constant ill mannered responses to his questions are doing you no favours here.
    If you get banned again, it will be nobodies fault but your own. Throwing about insults in response to genuine questions will tend to do that.

So perhaps you could answer his question, for those of us that are also curious?
    If I am ill-mannered it is because someone else started a fight and I responded. I do not owe anyone favours, explanations, justifications, or apologies. If this thread is about to carry on the ridiculous personal attacks that got the other one closed, so be it. If anyone wants answers from me I suggest they speak to me as if I am a friend rather than an adversary and I will reply in kind. Looking back over posts here will reveal I more than accomodate genuine enquiry, but I am too long in the tooth to tolerate rudeness.

If I am ill-mannered it is because someone else started a fight and I responded. I do not owe anyone favours, explanations, justifications, or apologies. If this thread is about to carry on the ridiculous personal attacks that got the other one closed, so be it. If anyone wants answers from me I suggest they speak to me as if I am a friend rather than an adversary and I will reply in kind. Looking back over posts here will reveal I more than accomodate genuine enquiry, but I am too long in the tooth to tolerate rudeness.

Well then, putting aside your view of how the other thread went, would you mind answering the questions he posted? If not for him, then perhaps for those of us who would also appreciate an answer?
    Cheers in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

From Met Eireann, "Tuesday ..will become largely dry as a ridge of high pressure builds, bringing brighter conditions with sunny spells and light winds.." Looking good for the coming week as around Wednesday the Moon will be in the southern declination zone and right south on Saturday.

I am curious as to how the moons position failed to deliver the very warm spell around the 7th?

As regards the coming week and met eireanns forecasts, if it pans out like that then the weather will be similar to what we have been having in the past week or so anyway, so what has the moon got to do with it???

relaxed wrote: »
    I am curious as to how the moons position failed to deliver the very warm spell around the 7th?

As regards the coming week and met eireanns forecasts, if it pans out like that then the weather will be similar to what we have been having in the past week or so anyway, so what has the moon got to do with it???
    As I understand it, this thread is about August forecasts. Unless the thread title is to be changed then I am, by the rules of this forum, bound to answer questions about only about what may be coming up. This thread is therefore not about my theory, criticism of my work, accountability of my opinions or necessarily about positions of the moon. Forum rules, not mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

As I understand it, this thread is about August forecasts. Unless the thread title is to be changed then I am, by the rules of this forum, bound to answer questions about only about what may be coming up. This thread is therefore not about my theory, criticism of my work, accountability of my opinions or necessarily about positions of the moon. Forum rules, not mine.

Well I was only replying to your post 226 where you seem to be suggesting the reason we might have a bit of settled weather is because of the position of the moon, which is just your theory.

relaxed wrote: »
    Well I was only replying to your post 226 where you seem to be suggesting the reason we might have a bit of settled weather is because of the position of the moon, which is just your theory.
    And I was told another thread was being started for theory. That thread was forced to a close by a certain poster upset that I would not jump to attention when commanded to. I am not a mod so you will have to direct enquiries about that to them.
    If it is any help I think the hottest and driest part of August generally for the whole country will not be until after the 21st, when the Moon is moving north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Dave_Power

Any sign of hot weather on the way, like the last heat wave.

Dave_Power wrote: »
    Any sign of hot weather on the way, like the last heat wave.
    I would say for all between 24th-28th. varying from county to county.

I would say for all between 24th-28th. varying from county to county.

How do you mean for all? But varying from county to county?
    Seems a bit contradictory?

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    How do you mean for all? But varying from county to county?
    Seems a bit contradictory?
    The comment is not unclear to me. All means all. Varying means variation.

The comment is not unclear to me. All means all. Varying means variation.

Saying we will all get hot weather/ heatwave conditions between the 24th and 28th, is quite different to saying it will vary from county to county. Can you see where the ambiguity lies?

Do you mean to say that different parts of the country will experience hot weather on different days between the 24th and 28th, but that everyone will have hot weather at some point during that time frame? If so, how would you define "hot" weather in the context of late August?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

It appears that everywhere will be warm - except where it won't be, and except when it won't be. And those area that are different will only be seen after the fact.
    After all - Ken doesn't do forecasts, he does opinions. That's a direct paraphrase of Ken's. Believe what you want about them, but it's always worth reading exactly what Ken writes, and comparing it later on when it shows up to be less than accurate.

MTC's summer trend suggestions:
    " I will say that June, July and August will each average 1.2 degrees above long-term normals, rainfall will be 70 to 90 per cent of normal, and sunshine will be 10-30 per cent above normal values."
    Suggesting more of the same better summer than previous years. Better and longer sunny spells, interspersed with shorter cooler damp spells. No real information on timings, but very useful when seen as a trend. I'd be more inclined to believe MTC's forecast given the previous performance over previous years, and it has been borne out by the numbers this summer so far. Note that MTC warns about a cooler and damper September than usual but with a chance later of an Indian summer.

I have no idea why Ken is singling me out - all I'm doing is asking pertinent questions, and he's apparently got a bit of a problem with that. If I read what appears to be nonsense I'll makes sure to ask for clarification as it may be my interpretation that's wrong, and it's an opportunity for that poster of nonsense to explain what's going on. Seems Ken's the only one that has an issue with that.

Regarding saturday coming, the model runs for FI are within reach at the moment - it's be interesting to watch the FI runs to see how they develop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement