Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medicine in Spain

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

snubbleste wrote: »
    They are published on the airlines' website.

Go on, show me. Under 430 return, Dublin to Baltimore, once every 3 months all year around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

MYOB wrote: »
    Go on, show me. Under 430 return, Dublin to Baltimore, once every 3 months all year around.
    You said US!
    Dub-Nyc 15/11-18/11 €365 UsAirways

You said US!
    Dub-Nyc 15/11-18/11 €365 UsAirways

Now find me the same in February, May and August; and city transfers and overnight accommodation (x3, in this case) with whatever is left over.

How much savings do you think you're going to have left from your €432?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Now find me the same in February, May and August; and city transfers and overnight accommodation (x3, in this case) with whatever is left over. How much savings do you think you're going to have left from your €432?
    Eh no, you can contact a travel agent yourself.

Eh no, you can contact a travel agent yourself.

Translation: you can't find any.

Sale prices in the depths of winter don't even come close to making this ridiculous suggestion a viable idea; let alone dealing with the tourist season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Translation: you can't find any.

Sale prices in the depths of winter don't even come close to making this ridiculous suggestion a viable idea; let alone dealing with the tourist season.

off topic.
    travel agents forum that way >>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

This is a bloody horrendously bad idea of theirs as it happens.

I'm curious to know why you think so.
    They're not dishing out free antibiotics with every purchase of a cough bottle. You still need to have a prescription for the antibiotics.

milltown wrote: »
    I'm curious to know why you think so.
    They're not dishing out free antibiotics with every purchase of a cough bottle. You still need to have a prescription for the antibiotics.

Still works out as a tacit encouragement to take them. US medical regulation is a mess in that regard in general, advertising prescription drugs direct to patients and actively encouraging them to badger their doctor to prescribe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Still works out as a tacit encouragement to take them. US medical regulation is a mess in that regard in general, advertising prescription drugs direct to patients and actively encouraging them to badger their doctor to prescribe.

We're as guilty- I was listening to a woman complain yesterday- that her trip to the doctor was wasted, because the GP didn't prescribe her anything. We have this notion that a doctor is a glorified shopkeeper- and antibiotics and other medicines are brightly coloured flavoursome sweeties- and patients are kids in a sweetshop........ Its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Your logic seems strange. I agree with you on the advertising. "Ask you doctor about XYZ". They still need a doctor to prescribe them though. The only encouragement is to go to that store to get them. Doctors in the US are afraid of their collective shítes to play fast and loose with prescriptions due to the regs on off label use of medicines over there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I like the way in Florida that it is an offence not to offer a customer a cheaper generic if there is an alternative to the one prescribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Monkey bones

What was the name of the pharmacy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

another good comparison on generics is cetrizine hydrochloride, basically hay fever tablets.

Non generic box of 7: 6 to 8 euros
    generic box of 7: 40 cents :eek:

Where can you get them for 40c ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What was the name of the pharmacy

Please dont post in old threads. Its better to start a new thread rather than posting in one that's 4 years old.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement