Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming/Gym + New Tattoo

• 25-07-2013 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a bit of guidance here.

When could one start going swimming again after getting a tattoo? And would going to the Gym have any effect on it? I imagine so seeing as there would be a lot of stretching of muscles/skin around the tattoo. Got my first one on Sunday so would just like to know so I don't do anything stupid.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I was back in the gym the day after I had most recent tattoo... It was fine.

I'm not sure about swimming though because I don't swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Id always leave it at least 3 days for the gym (just for comfort). DONT go near chlorinated or salt water until the skin is completely healed minimum 2 weeks. Its a small price to pay for a piece of work that should last you the rest of your life. You should only wash it with water and no soaps until healed also.

Hope this helps.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'd wait at least 2 weeks before going near a pool.

Depending on where the tattoo is, it could be advisable to lay off the gym too, or at least adjust your regime. My most recent one was on my foot and I had to adjust my workout so that I wasn't wearing trainers for the first week, as I didn't want to have to wrap my foot up and have it sweating like mad for an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

As other have said avoid the pool for at least two weeks.

A for the gym I have been back in the gym after about two days, but maybe for your first workout try avoid the area say if it on you leg, work chest and back or if it's on you chest work legs and shoulder's etc but should be fine imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Thanks Guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Don't forget to throw up a pic in the ill show you mine thread, looking forward to seeing the piece you got ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I swam in a pool 10 days after my last tattoo. Im quite a fast healer and the skin was totally healed over by then.

Advertisement