Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Would You Go About It Today?

• 25-07-2013 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

There are loads of threads on After Hours and places about how is it that no one speaks the language and how badly taught it is today etc. I was wondering in light of all this hand wringing, and your experiences of studying etc. what is the best option today for an adult to study Irish (in Ireland?)

I left school having done pass Irish with a few random words in my head and not a clue of the grammar and how to string a sentence together, since then I've picked up a bit of German and fairly decent Spanish, so, I know I can learn a language! I just didn't have a clue how to learn anything in school!

I've got some free time at the moment and would love to break the back in re-learning it but properly with a good emphasis on grammar. I dont fancy self study and was wondering is there a pretty solid class route to take?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Conradh na Gaeilge do excellent classes for all levels, I did classes there a few times and found them very good

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Yup and Gaelchultúr will take you as far as you want to go. They also got third level college status recently.
    http://www.gaelchultur.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 19 hoey

Gaelchultúr definitely the way to go. They are excellent, classroom based and online learning. Well planned programmes and excellent grammar instruction, along with increasing fluency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

Thanks, that Gaelchultur looks likes a good idea. It feels so wrong having to start at Level 1 after 13 years of schooling though!

Advertisement