Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre mixed messages

Options
  • 25-07-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭

hi i was having problems with my broadband and a technician arrived this morning to help. He told me he was sure my line was efibre capable(the pillar/exchange is 700m from me) and told me to call tech support to fix my current problem. I called the tech support guy and he tried to resolve my current issue but also checked my line and said yes my line was ready for fibre and to just upgrade, but when i called 1800503703 the girl said it was not available. 
    Im not sure why i got mixed messages and would like to know for sure my line is not suitable, could you help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

cadete wrote: »
    hi i was having problems with my broadband and a technician arrived this morning to help. He told me he was sure my line was efibre capable(the pillar/exchange is 700m from me) and told me to call tech support to fix my current problem. I called the tech support guy and he tried to resolve my current issue but also checked my line and said yes my line was ready for fibre and to just upgrade, but when i called 1800503703 the girl said it was not available. 
    Im not sure why i got mixed messages and would like to know for sure my line is not suitable, could you help?

Hi cadete

Can you send me a private message with your name and address or tel no: I can check it out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Thanks mark also my net wont stay on for anymore than a minute or 2 without going down again at the minute, have a lot of problems during the day at the minute at night its fine really frustrating :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

cadete wrote: »
    Thanks mark also my net wont stay on for anymore than a minute or 2 without going down again at the minute, have a lot of problems during the day at the minute at night its fine really frustrating

Hi
    cadete,

I Got your PM. I checked your address and the estate. Your address and a few neighbouring houses are connected to a cabinet that has not been connected to the efibre network. The problem is some other houses within the estate are connected to different cabinets.

* Changing a cabinet that an address is connected to is not an option I'm afraid.

I spoke to the efibre roll-out team and they were unable to give a time-frame as to when your cabinet may be connected.

Sorry I could not get back with better news.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement