Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 warning, 1 Infraction and then a ban for the same infraction? Confused!

Options
  • 25-07-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Being a regular boards user with playing the game 'Soccer Manager' things got a bit heated last night and I used swear words. (which i thought i was allowed if i used 'âéïøü' in the middle of the words) but anyway.. I got a warning and that was fine.

Today I went online and seen my warning and posted it on boards saying basically who ever reported was 'little bïtćheś', not meaning anything malicious, just having a joke with a ':pac:' face used and all. So I got my infraction and I accept it for my confusion and i didn't know i wasn't allowed use the 'âéïøü' again so I was like yeah ok, whatever I'll accept it.

THEN 5 minutes later I come on to see that I was banned for the duration of 1 week? Which completely confused me because if I got an infraction for the same post, why was I banned straight away? Do I not get a chance to learn from the infraction? Most people do get a chance and In all my 100s of posts I have been a loyal user of Boards. I've been referred to you by 'FutureGuy' so I just want to discuss it with you, thanks,

pepper180

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hi pepper180

To briefly summarise the events, you were warned by the forum moderator about using bad/distasteful language in the forum, which you admit you did & that's fine.

You then proceeded, to publicly post the contents of your warning pm, & to add insult to injury, used further profanities by insulting the entire userbase of the forum. Whether you were joking or not, & what emoticon you used or didn't use, has no bearing on the fact that you completely disregarded the moderators warning.

Now, you were given an infraction for this post, by the forums moderator. A Category Moderator {FutureGuy}, then seen the same post, & actioned it at almost the same time. This action however, was a ban. By virtue of the fact that you disregarded a mods instruction, publicly posted the contents of a warning pm, & proceeded to abuse the userbase of the forum, the ban is the action I will address here. I will however request the infraction to be overturned.

Now, with that all cleared up, & knowing that you've had a pm exchange withe issuing moderator {Cmod in this case} and have not come to an agreement, I've considered the facts & decided to uphold the ban. As I also mentioned, I will request the infraction to be overturned, as that was issued just literally prior to the ban.

You may request an Admin to review this if you wish.

Regards
    EnterNow

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

EnterNow wrote: »
    the ban is the action I will address here. I will however request the infraction to be overturned.

Now, with that all cleared up, & knowing that you've had a pm exchange withe issuing moderator {Cmod in this case} and have not come to an agreement, I've considered the facts & decided to uphold the ban. As I also mentioned, I will request the infraction to be overturned, as that was issued just literally prior to the ban.

You may request an Admin to review this if you wish.

Regards
    EnterNow

So why can't the ban be submitted for review to see will it be overturned as the infraction is? Because the infraction was giving by the thread mod and the ban was given by the Cmod straight after I got my infraction.

pepper180 wrote: »
    So why can't the ban be submitted for review to see will it be overturned as the infraction is? Because the infraction was giving by the thread mod and the ban was given by the Cmod straight after I got my infraction.

As I said, the two were issued within a short space of time, & due to the complete disregard you showed for the moderators warning & instruction, the action to ban you was warranted & justifiable. The infraction you received just so happens to have been given very shortly before the ban, which you were about to get anyway.

I considered the facts and upheld the ban, & the infraction has been removed. If you wish to have this further reviewed by an Admin, please advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

OK then can you explain this then please?

Originally Posted by Yakult
    Dear pepper180,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Being Naughty

Hi Pepper180.

Thank you for ignoring your warning, you have now received a infraction. If you are not going to abide by the rules, then don't bother posting in the thread again, you wont have a choice next time.

Yakult.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    boards.ie

Next time? Well I don't really have a next time since I'm banned, right? So why would he write that? That isn't telling that I got banned, that is telling me that I've got an infraction after I got a warning the day before.

That infraction has been removed, you are now contesting the ban issued by FutureGuy. To reitterate, you disregarded the mods warning, you publicly posted the contents of the warning pm in the forum, you then used further profanities & insulted the whole forum. As such, the ban stands. If you wish for an admin to review this decision, please advise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement