Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

koss porta pro or senn hd 202?

• 25-07-2013 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

As in the subject really! :D Need new headphones and choosing between these two. Can't justify spending more at the moment. I prefer good fidelity rather than bass boosted to infinity.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

PortaPro is extremely portable, if I'm correct 202 has a MASSIVELY long cable. Cant speak on the 202 sonically, but I can tell you the PP's are fun and nice. I still listen to them even with the other headphones I have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I owned KPP and HD201, which I believe are similar to HD202.

HD201 are better phones in terms of sound reproduction, but they need some amplification other than portable music player. I didn't like them at all, I had them locked for almost 5 years until I've got myself first headphone amp. They started to shine then.

KPP sound good even without amplification, tbh amplification doesn't bring much more than there is already, there is a lot though. As Marko said KPP are fun, with good (compared to price) SQ.

Depending on your setup and what are your expectations. (I would recommend KSC-75 over the KPP)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

docentore wrote: »
    I owned KPP and HD201, which I believe are similar to HD202.

HD201 are better phones in terms of sound reproduction, but they need some amplification other than portable music player. I didn't like them at all, I had them locked for almost 5 years until I've got myself first headphone amp. They started to shine then.

KPP sound good even without amplification, tbh amplification doesn't bring much more than there is already, there is a lot though. As Marko said KPP are fun, with good (compared to price) SQ.

Depending on your setup and what are your expectations. (I would recommend KSC-75 over the KPP)

Oh yeah! Forgot about the KSC-75's! Probably best option OP :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Really don't like ear clips. I actually like the long cord on the 202 plus I have an amp on the 2 devices I will be using them with so looks like they are for me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I was happy with my HD201 once amplified, you should be with your new HD202.

I modified my KSC75 with KPP headband, but any €2 headphone band will do - much better experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I liked the sound of my KPPs, but I went through 3 or 4 of them in the space of a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 aliceayres

marko93 wrote: »
    PortaPro is extremely portable, if I'm correct 202 has a MASSIVELY long cable. Cant speak on the 202 sonically, but I can tell you the PP's are fun and nice. I still listen to them even with the other headphones I have
    No problem! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Anybody have any experience with sending portapros back to Koss for repair?

I was told in an e-mail to send them to their dublin address so they could fix a buzzing in one of the ears. I left a note inside saying what was the problem on it, contact details and the return address. This is covered by the lifetime warranty. I didn't pay the extra 2 euro for registered post like an eejit.

I sent it almost 2 weeks ago and haven't had any contact from them. Should I be worried? I e-mailed them on friday about it so hopefully I'll get a reply tomorrow.

Edit: Nevermind, e-mailed them and they sorted it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Anybody have any experience with sending portapros back to Koss for repair?

I was told in an e-mail to send them to their dublin address so they could fix a buzzing in one of the ears. I left a note inside saying what was the problem on it, contact details and the return address. This is covered by the lifetime warranty. I didn't pay the extra 2 euro for registered post like an eejit.

I sent it almost 2 weeks ago and haven't had any contact from them. Should I be worried? I e-mailed them on friday about it so hopefully I'll get a reply tomorrow.

Edit: Nevermind, e-mailed them and they sorted it out.
    Could you post the contact details on who you sent them to please?

I have 2 pairs just sitting here that I couldn't be arsed fixing myself :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Kiki, sent you a pm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement