Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fork Oil

• 25-07-2013 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hi guys - quick one - plan on changing the fork seals and oil over the weekend and need to pick up some oil this evening. I see Halfords have an own brand oil, but it looks like it's only in 5W30. Would this cause issues? Or maybe softness/hardness in the front suspension? It's marketed as motorcycle fork oil, but is it best avoided?

If so, where's best to pick some up on quick notice? I'm in Sandyford but will be travelling to Maynooth so anywhere in between suits. Would any motor factors stock it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Hi guys - quick one - plan on changing the fork seals and oil over the weekend and need to pick up some oil this evening. I see Halfords have an own brand oil, but it looks like it's only in 5W30. Would this cause issues? Or maybe softness/hardness in the front suspension? It's marketed as motorcycle fork oil, but is it best avoided?

If so, where's best to pick some up on quick notice? I'm in Sandyford but will be travelling to Maynooth so anywhere in between suits. Would any motor factors stock it?

Cheers
    5w is pretty thin, you can use ATF fluid its fine in forks and is about 10w.
    Its what you used before there was fork oil available!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Cheers - and any motor factors should stock this, right?

Something like this would be ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yep that's the stuff. You can get it cheaper again if you look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

You're right - will be dropping into Lucan Motorcycles where it's 8 quid a litre. Thanks again.

Advertisement