Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't have an overdraft, but I still get charged

Options
  • 25-07-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

I don't have an overdraft facility on my account; however sometimes items still come out that put me overdrawn, and I have to pay 5 euro per item or whatever it is, up to 10 for multiple.

But if I don't have an overdraft facility, surely those items shouldn't come back? Surely the bank should return them as unpaid?

Either I have an overdraft or I don't; I was told in 2007 I think it was that I did not and was not able to have that facility. At the same time I don't want to pay overdraft charges!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi,

Your debit card may force you into an unauthorised overdraft if you make a transaction before a previous one has fully processed.

We would always advise customers to check their account before making a transaction to make sure they have sufficient funds. If you have Banking 365, you could download our iPhone or Android app and can check your account on the go.

Please call your branch to check if you currently have an overdraft or if you do wish to apply for one and a representative can check if your account is eligible.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement