Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOTEL IN SLIGO

Options
  • 25-07-2013 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭

whats a good hotel for hen party to stay in sligo, have a friend trying to book somewhere and they want a reasonable hotel and a late bar (pretty much the usual)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭scarlet43

I know the Glasshouse Hotel seem to have Hen groups most weekends - it's in the centre of town so is ideal for not needing taxis etc. I don't know what price they charge though - I would ask them about a b&b plus dinner rate - their restaurant is very good.
    I know of a hen group recently that stayed in the City Hotel (again in the middle of town) and had got a deal to include B&B in the hotel, dinner in the Embassy Rooms with cocktail making classes and entry to Toffs nightclub - it seemed very reasonable too. I haven't seen the accommodation there, but I would imagine they'd have all the basic requirements and you prob wouldn't be there for long anyway.
    The Clarion and the Radisson, although both fab hotels, would need taxi journeys to and from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭cloonton

I stayed in the Clarion for a hen a few years ago (in the suites) and found it very good, altho it probably is a little far out for hobbling home in heels. A friend of mine stayed in the Sligo City Hotel last year and found it grand. Not the most fashionable, but cheap and great location for restaurants, clubs and shopping. Worth checking them out, perhaps.
    The Glasshouse is also very popular. I'd imagine it's more expensive, but nicer and they used to do the likes of cocktail making classes, which would be fun. The location is basically the same as the Sligo City.

Advertisement