Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut down two poplar trees now suckers everywhere!

• 25-07-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I cut down two poplar trees that werer in the back garden in April this year, now there are suckers everywhere! Anyone got any ideas how to get rid of them

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,842 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just keep chopping them back, evetually the root system will weaken and die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Hit them a cople of times with glyphosate ie Roundup or Gallup/

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JR79

Thanks for the replys, will try & keep them cut back rather than weed killer, hopefully that will work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

cutting them back wont get rid of them as ther would must be a reasonable root system left behind. You need to apply a systemic weedkiller to the leaves of the shoots, with a brush and glove your hands. This will ensure application and not damage other plants. I would also use a bit of cardboard to prevent drops hitting underlying plants. A strong mix of roundup may do it but I have used Rootout in the past successfully for this job.

see previous posts here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80825995

Advertisement