Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new smart box thingy for you TV

Options
  • 25-07-2013 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Any body have two young people (a guy and a girl late 20's) call to the door in the last few days selling a smart box for you TV, i can't remember what the company was called 'Foxaber' or something like that. just want to look up the company but i just can't remember the name. they came in gave me a demonstration of the box which was pretty impressive able to stream movies, tv channels etc. and all it cost was €300 once off for the box and a €10 subscription fee. they streamed movies that have just come out. it all sounds too good to be true but there it was doing it in front of me. the guy said it was an american company which services have just been legalised in the last 6 weeks in ireland. anyway any info would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dodgy as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 redmurphy11

it sounds dodgy as hell alright but the two seemed highly professional sales people, the packaging and branding looked really high end and the demonstration was great and worked fantastic. I come from a background of media and so i wouldn't be naive about it or anything but its the cost that makes me weary of it, if i could just think of the name i'd look them up. fox-something or another, dam my short term memory!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

You let some strangers who knocked on your door into your house to demo a dodgy hacked media player AND they wanted you to pay a subscription too :p Each to their own but there is NO WAY I would ever even entertain a doorstep seller like this:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

You would be down €300 and they would also have your bank/credit card details. Walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Any body have two young people (a guy and a girl late 20's) call to the door in the last few days selling a smart box for you TV, i can't remember what the company was called 'Foxaber' or something like that. just want to look up the company but i just can't remember the name. they came in gave me a demonstration of the box which was pretty impressive able to stream movies, tv channels etc. and all it cost was €300 once off for the box and a €10 subscription fee. they streamed movies that have just come out. it all sounds too good to be true but there it was doing it in front of me. the guy said it was an american company which services have just been legalised in the last 6 weeks in ireland. anyway any info would be great thanks

Was it HDR-FOX perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

That looks like an impressive box could be tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hardly, if anything, to do with Kildare

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement