Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Phone Insurance - HTC One

• 25-07-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone advise a reliable source to seek phone insurance from? Have a HTC One here and god forbid anything happen to it a replacement could cost me in the region of 500 euro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Can anyone advise a reliable source to seek phone insurance from? Have a HTC One here and god forbid anything happen to it a replacement could cost me in the region of 500 euro

CPW offer insurance and there is Mobile Cover too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I cannot recommend the insurance that is bundled with an Ulster Bank uFirst account enough. It is run by Aviva, and implemented by the Carphone Warehouse. It is a tenner a month for all privileges, including banking, lifestyle, and other insurance benefits.

I left my phone in a taxi on a Friday night/Saturday morning, made a call to the locall number around lunchtime the following day, and after a ten minute call, giving details, I was told that I was approved. I was shot across to the claims, gave my details and paid my €95 excess, and two days later, I've a brand new Note II. No questions asked, no hassles.

I have been with CPW's Lifeline service, and it is nowhere in comparison. I wouldn't think twice about setting up a uFirst account, and shoving in a tenner a month to it, even if I didn't intend of banking with them.

Absolutely fantastic service.

Advertisement