Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having to pull power on router multiple times a day

Options
  • 25-07-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I'am an Eircom customer. I am having problems with my internet connection breaking down. Some times it can happen 6-10 times a day.
    For this I pay €55+ per month. For 3.2Mb....on a good day.
    I contacted Eircom Broadband support and told them my problem. 24 hours later they replies that they did not have enough information and would I contact them on 1890 help line.

What more information do they need?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

garroff wrote: »
    I'am an Eircom customer. I am having problems with my internet connection breaking down. Some times it can happen 6-10 times a day.
    For this I pay €55+ per month. For 3.2Mb....on a good day.
    I contacted Eircom Broadband support and told them my problem. 24 hours later they replies that they did not have enough information and would I contact them on 1890 help line.

What more information do they need?
    Hi garroff

Can you PM me with your tel no: and I will run some checks on your broadband connection.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Hi garroff

Can you PM me with your tel no: and I will run some checks on your broadband connection.

Thanks, Mark
    PM sent

PM sent
    Hi garroff

Got it thanks, I spoke to broadband technical support and the advised that the speed / profile may be set to high for the line capability.

They said the speed profile may need to be lowered to 3MB. If you are willing to try that temporarily to see if there is any improvement.

Thanks, Mark

Hi garroff

Got it thanks, I spoke to broadband technical support and the advised that the speed / profile may be set to high for the line capability.

They said the speed profile may need to be lowered to 3MB. If you are willing to try that temporarily to see if there is any improvement.

Thanks, Mark
    ok Mark. Ask them to lower to 3MB....but please not any lower....I'm paying for "up to 8MB"....but I also believe in Santa Clause. Thanks for your help.

ok Mark. Ask them to lower to 3MB....but please not any lower....I'm paying for "up to 8MB"....but I also believe in Santa Clause. Thanks for your help.
    Hi garroff

The change has been done now. It should go through in the next half an hour.

Can you monitor the connection and let me know if there is any change.

Mark

• Advertisement

Hi garroff

The change has been done now. It should go through in the next half an hour.

Can you monitor the connection and let me know if there is any change.

Mark
    Mark...thank you, I will be monitoring it on an ongoing basis and will let you know the outcome. Many thanks, again, for your help.

Mark...thank you, I will be monitoring it on an ongoing basis and will let you know the outcome. Many thanks, again, for your help.

No problem Gavin,

We will follow up with you next week.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭Soarer

I used to suffer with the same thing when I used Eircom's own router. Bought a new one myself, and have literally never had to do it since....and that's near on 18 months ago.

So maybe change your router?

Soarer wrote: »
    I used to suffer with the same thing when I used Eircom's own router. Bought a new one myself, and have literally never had to do it since....and that's near on 18 months ago.

So maybe change your router?
    Soarer, thanks for the suggestion. Mine is a Linksys WAG 200G. What would you suggest?

Advertisement