Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baby travel system

Options
  • 25-07-2013 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

can anyone recommend a good travel system im looking for a small compact one but that is strong and that has a pram, buggy and car seat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

We opted against a 'system', choosing the Bugaboo Bee - we didn't want to get locked into anything we might later regret. Our NB is happy as Larry (his name's not Larry) in the cocoon for newborns. Then he'll graduate to the seat and that will do him until 3 years old. There's also an adaptor so you can affix a car seat without any need to remove the seat; most major brands are catered for - we have a MaxiCosi.

It's the narrowest and lightest buggy going, folds easily and quickly and comes with a three-year guarantee.

If you're not obsessed with getting a bassinet, then this might work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

We got the Baby Elegance Beep system (I think it might be updated now, called the Ergo or something) second hand and found it very good.

It was reasonably light weight, very easy to travel with, move around, especially one handed etc. The pram part was used as a downstairs napping bassinet, the car seat clipped into the travel system so if he was asleep in the car you didn't have to disturb him, The buggy part was grand once he was able to hold his head and back up firmly (around 4/5 months).

Only downside is the shopping basket is tiny, had to get one of those nets from Tescos that you clip on to the handle bars.

We sold it on when he was about 7/8 months and I wanted a lighter weight buggy and he needed to go into the next car seat up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We also didn't go with a travel system. The baby grows out of them too fast and you are left storing parts you don't need.

We went for the Out and About Nipper 360. It's a three-wheeled buggy that goes completely flat (like a pram) for newborns, and adjusts up to a buggy which suits all the way up to age 3 or 4 if needed. Maxi-cosi car seat clips onto it. Ours loved it anyway. Still uses it, 2 1/2 years later. Never needed to buy another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Would recommend the Bee, I'm sorry we didn't go for it last time. I didn't really think about it too much but it ticks a lot of the boxes.

I don't know if this might be a factor but would you consider something that can convert to a double? Again, we should have thought about this a bit - the double we're getting can be used as a single, had we bought it last time we'd have saved ourselves the hassle of buying and offloading a single system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

It's not small or hugely compact but we have the baby jogger city select which we have converted from single to double and its mighty! At mo using seat and pram or carseat , in another couple months it'll be 2 seats and either can fit in either direction so they can face each other or not. Worth every single penny to us! Also recently bought a mothercare kato double stroller for flights etc as it was on sale & cheap. Don't want to travel with baby jogger incase gets damaged! We used baby jogger very nicely as a single before we had our second. And actually - has a very useful huge basket!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Mintcrisp69

The maxicosy system is meant to be one of the best around if not the best...its pricey but you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mel100583

i have narrowed it down to these as im not interested in the car seat part, just want a proper carrycot and a proper buggy 2 in one
    i am looking at the silvercross wayfarer and the uppababyvista
    any help on these appreciated

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am not familiar with the wayfarer but I have heard great things about the uppa baby vista .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

mel100583 wrote: »
    i have narrowed it down to these as im not interested in the car seat part, just want a proper carrycot and a proper buggy 2 in one
    i am looking at the silvercross wayfarer and the uppababyvista
    any help on these appreciated

I have the uppa baby vista, and its a great buggy. once folded it fits into my hatch back boot no problem and i can lift it with one hand. It is really easy to manover around - even one handed, and the handles go longer for taller people. We got the Be safe car seat and that fit in with adaptors, maxi cosy car seats fit too. The buggy seat is very roomy, the hood has an extra uv layer that you can pull down on sunny days to protect the baby from the sun and its handy when they are sleeping, as it comes down way futher than the hood does.
    One of the best things is the size of the basket, its huge! you can fit loads in there!
    the buggy will fold with the seat attached if you have a roomy boot. my boot isnt very big so i click the seat off before folding.
    I hadnt seen any before my LO was born (and i did lots of buggy stalking while pregnant) but now i am seeing them around alot. Also one of the kardashians had it for her son....

Advertisement