Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Food retail business

Options
  • 25-07-2013 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,

I see a great opportunity for a deli business in a local area, however i feel completely out of my comfort zone.

Does anyone have any experience in this area, could you give me pointers on where to start.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

How do you know there is a great market in you area for a deli? There may well be one just now due to the exceptional weather of late and lots of people want cool salads/meats etc to take home , but what is the likely demand in November or January? How can the business be sustained 12 months of every year? Who/what are the competition? You need to do some decent market research/evaluation , it may be huge, or it may be a modest seasonal opportunity.

I spent a week last Sept in Dunfanaghy and a fresh fish mobile shop/van came to town twice a week for a couple of hours each time, he had great fresh product, did good business and no doubt hit a number of other locations each day! The town would never have sustained a full time fish shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

sally365 wrote: »
    Hi,

I see a great opportunity for a deli business in a local area, however i feel completely out of my comfort zone.

Does anyone have any experience in this area, could you give me pointers on where to start.

The reason I haven't replied to this one is because it's a minefield. So - no tips, no pointers - no advice ... except to say this.

If you're not a retailer, DON'T GO INTO RETAIL !!!

Advertisement