Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit union loan

Options
  • 25-07-2013 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I owe my local credit union nearly €14,000.
    I cannot keep the original repayment plan as I am out of work. Via email they have offered me a repayment schedule over 5 years or 10 years. (last march)
    I took the 10 year.
    They contacted me in June see if I can up the payments, and again this week.
    I can’t and want to stick to the agreement than we made in March.
    I have a brother who guaranteed the loan. Can they go into his savings?
    Have they a right to demand higher payments after the agreement we made in march?

How often are they allowed contact me?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I would write to them stating that you are keeping to the 10 year plan and are not in a position to change this for the forseeable future. Tell them what your plan is....back to education etc. keep in contact.

I think they can contact you directly 3 times per month, but that may have changed recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Presuming it's a formal agreement with a clear 10-year term and without a clause that allows it to be reviewed, they cannot change it without your agreement and they can't take your brother's savings either. As above, write a brief formal letter confirming that you will maintain repayments per March's agreement and if contacted again, just refer them to this letter.

Advertisement