Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18th birthday party venue cork city

Options
  • 25-07-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I want to have my 18th birthday party between the 21st and 25th of August and am having difficulty finding a place in Cork city willing to hold an 18th. Does anyone know of any places that hold 18ths?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

have you tried Super Nova? they do a lot of birthdays:D
    http://www.supernova.ie/

most pubs in town will probably say no to an 18th as a lot of friends will be under age.
    you might have better luck with pubs in the suburbs that have a function room.
    if you give a rough idea of where you are you might get some ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

We had a leaving cert party upstairs in the old oak in June.

I didn't organise it though so I don't know was there any hassle about the ages

It a bit of a funny shaped room though. You can't see the dance floor from the seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The bishopstown bar will hold it and give free dj and free food!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Flying enterprise at south gate would be worth a try if the crowd going are okay.
    Otherwise not many pubs will take 18's.
    Would you not consider doing it at home, hire in a dj and get food delivered.?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The Savoy will let you hire out an area but I've heard its after getting quite rough, haven't been in there in ages. Other venues that come to mind are the Anglers Rest, Bishopstown Bar or maybe The Bailey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The bishopstown bar will hold it and give free dj and free food!

The only downside is that it's the Bishopstown Bar.

evilivor wrote: »
    The only downside is that it's the Bishopstown Bar.

How's that a downside?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    The Savoy will let you hire out an area but I've heard its after getting quite rough, haven't been in there in ages. Other venues that come to mind are the Anglers Rest, Bishopstown Bar or maybe The Bailey?

I work in the Savoy, and I know it'll sound like I'm shilling, but I literally haven't seen a fight there in ages. If anything, I'd say it's gotten calmer from my perspective.

As long as all going are over 18 the Savoy will book you an area OP. Ask about a free bottle of Prosecco too and you should get it. :)

I work in the Savoy, and I know it'll sound like I'm shilling, but I literally haven't seen a fight there in ages. If anything, I'd say it's gotten calmer from my perspective.

As long as all going are over 18 the Savoy will book you an area OP. Ask about a free bottle of Prosecco too and you should get it. :)

Interesting to hear the perspective of someone working there! I was a regular customer up until a few months ago when I saw a big sudden change in the place. I hear its under new management now, that might be it.

I haven't been in there since last month but it was awful, broken glass everywhere, fights, and the security were very rough but apparently they are a new crowd.

Its a shame because its a fabulous venue and I always found the staff to be really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Interesting to hear the perspective of someone working there! I was a regular customer up until a few months ago when I saw a big sudden change in the place. I hear its under new management now, that might be it.

I haven't been in there since last month but it was awful, broken glass everywhere, fights, and the security were very rough but apparently they are a new crowd.

Its a shame because its a fabulous venue and I always found the staff to be really nice.

Funny you say that, Savoy has been grand the last few weeks from what i hear. Big club so there's going to be always some problems. Strange that broken glass would be everywhere as its mainly plastic they use.

• Advertisement

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Funny you say that, Savoy has been grand the last few weeks from what i hear. Big club so there's going to be always some problems. Strange that broken glass would be everywhere as its mainly plastic they use.
    I don't think they use glass at all bar bottles

We were in the VIP area if that makes any difference. We definitely had glass, not plastic.

I'm sorry to hear that. I assure you that doesn't happy regularly, I think the new security are anything but rough, I know I'd be expected to say that either way, but they are nice guys.
    I don't think they use glass at all bar bottles

Glass is only used in the VIP bar for everything, but sometimes it's used for cocktails and such in the Foyer.

I'm sorry to hear that. I assure you that doesn't happy regularly, I think the new security are anything but rough, I know I'd be expected to say that either way, but they are nice guys.

Glass is only used in the VIP bar for everything, but sometimes it's used for cocktails and such in the Foyer.

Wgeres the VIP bar area in there now?

Wgeres the VIP bar area in there now?

Up the very very top. So many God damned stairs :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

Same person was recommending Mahon as a good place to rent a few days ago :rolleyes:

becost wrote: »
    Same person was recommending Mahon as a good place to rent a few days ago :rolleyes:

Well, I have lived here for 24 years, and I happen to know this place has calmed a lot in the last 5.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

Well, I have lived here for 24 years, and I happen to know this place has calmed a lot in the last 5.

So has Baghdad. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JaneDoe18

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone :) I've been emailing around and have decided on the flying enterprise!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

Hey JaneDoe how much is the flying enterprise?

• Advertisement

Katie1289 wrote: »
    Hey JaneDoe how much is the flying enterprise?

I said before ill say again. Try the bishopstown bar was a friends and they give free food and free dj.. Best deal ive heard in all the soutside

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

I said before ill say again. Try the bishopstown bar was a friends and they give free food and free dj.. Best deal ive heard in all the soutside
    But of a trek seeing as all my friends are from rochestown passage you know ? I'll look into it though! Do you know if the rochestown inn does them? I emailed but no response as of yet

Katie1289 wrote: »
    But of a trek seeing as all my friends are from rochestown passage you know ? I'll look into it though! Do you know if the rochestown inn does them? I emailed but no response as of yet

Have you tried Johnos in Douglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JaneDoe18

Hey! :) sorry only saw this now! it was like 100 for a dj but that was optional they would have played music from an ipod for free, and then it was something like a fiver a head for finger food...we paid 275 for dj and finger food for 60 people as they discounted the price. But you should go in and look at it, it's so nice in there, it's a really nice area and the staff are so friendly! i was at a 21st in bishopstown bar before and it was free and was lovely too...it was just a bit annoying that by the time we got kicked out by one and made it into town everywhere was closed!

JaneDoe18 wrote: »
    Hey! :) sorry only saw this now! it was like 100 for a dj but that was optional they would have played music from an ipod for free, and then it was something like a fiver a head for finger food...we paid 275 for dj and finger food for 60 people as they discounted the price. But you should go in and look at it, it's so nice in there, it's a really nice area and the staff are so friendly! i was at a 21st in bishopstown bar before and it was free and was lovely too...it was just a bit annoying that by the time we got kicked out by one and made it into town everywhere was closed!
    You coulda saved the 275 euro and ordered a few taxis/mini bus's for around 12:40 too take ye too town ha ha

Advertisement