Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyway to check if a phone is new or used?

Options
  • 25-07-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

All I have is the imei number of a Smasung Ativ S is there anyway to check if it is indeed brand new?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Only possible to do this with an iPhone as there is an activation process. No way to tell with Android...as far as i know
    mad muffin wrote: »
    All I have is the imei number of a Smasung Ativ S is there anyway to check if it is indeed brand new?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Aidenwyatt

Check with all the default settings are present ( Can be matched with another new phone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Dont want to be a wisecrack, but if you cant tell whats the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

To check if it's network locked or blacklisted, you could bring a friend who's on a different network to you, then try both of your SIMs in the phone. If it's network locked then it will refuse to use one or both of the SIMs and if it's it's blacklisted, it should refuse to connect to either network.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It doesn't matter now. I was in a dispute with an ebay seller. They said it was a new phone, I suspected it wasn't, got my money back now anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement