Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gynaecologist in Mayo

Options
  • 25-07-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just looking for a bit of info on gynaecologist s in Castlebar, Mayo from any mums ( or Dads!) that had dealings with them. I am just 8 weeks pregnant with my first pregnancy:) & must register with one. Just wondering who is the best to deal with, bedside manner etc, & the price they charge. Also what are the advantages of going as a private patient as opposed to a public one when registering with one of them. Thanks in advance for any replies... I am anxious as it is all new to me!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mumtobe wrote: »
    Just looking for a bit of info on gynaecologist s in Castlebar, Mayo from any mums ( or Dads!) that had dealings with them. I am just 8 weeks pregnant with my first pregnancy:) & must register with one. Just wondering who is the best to deal with, bedside manner etc, & the price they charge. Also what are the advantages of going as a private patient as opposed to a public one when registering with one of them. Thanks in advance for any replies... I am anxious as it is all new to me!

Congrats OP, did you try rollercoaster.ie? My missus was always on that with our 2 pregnancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Talk to your GP. Good luck with your pregnancy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

We always found a big fella called Mohammed a very gentle and professional giant of a man, but as with all doctors everyone has good and bad things to say about their experiences.

As far as I know the main difference between going private or public is that when private the consultant has to be on call for you at all times when you are in labor. He may not need to attend but he HAS to be on call for you.

As with any medical advice, it's always best to check things out properly for yourself, especially don't rely on internet forum hearsay.

As nuac said, best of luck with the pregnancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Love2u

Going Private you get an appointment and pretty much will be seen on time, going public you have to wait a little longer to be seen. If going private dont be expecting your gynaecologist to be there for your birth as it may not be the case. Same goes for public, whoever is on duty will be looking after you, you never tend to get the same gynaecologist every time you go for appointments. Then obviously there's the money issue. I haven't heard of any bad gynaecologists so I guess ask family and friends of their experiences. Get your doctor to make a reccomadation.

Advertisement