Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it generally take to get a call from eircom?

Options
  • 25-07-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've forgotten my email password, and the online form won't let me change.  I contacted support this morning, and was told someone would call me with a password.   Should I still be waiting for that call?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

corblimey wrote: »
    I've forgotten my email password, and the online form won't let me change.  I contacted support this morning, and was told someone would call me with a password.   Should I still be waiting for that call?
    Hi corblimey

We have sent on a number of requests over the last two days which we sent on to managers in mail support.

They confirmed:

"[url defaultattr=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u="33840"][/url] ; Webmail customers who have changed or are trying to change their password, which is not processing. We have escalated to investigate the platform and we hope to have an update soon"

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Right, but I was informed on the call to tech support that someone would call me with my password, not that there was anything wrong with the password change process and someone was looking into it.  I just want someone to call me and tell me my password, is that too much to ask for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Right, but I was informed on the call to tech support that someone would call me with my password, not that there was anything wrong with the password change process and someone was looking into it.  I just want someone to call me and tell me my password, is that too much to ask for?
    Hi corblimey

The issue is affecting customers logging in. So as we get confirmation the issue is resolved. I can chase up on the call back for you.

Mark

I am still waiting for this call

Still waiting...  I know it's a free email service, but still.  If it wasn't the email I've been using for about 20 years (back to the tinet.ie days) and so my main point of correspondance for most things, I'd get rid as I hate relying on eircom for anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Still waiting... I know it's a free email service, but still. If it wasn't the email I've been using for about 20 years (back to the tinet.ie days) and so my main point of correspondance for most things, I'd get rid as I hate relying on eircom for anything.
    Hi Corblimey,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.
    The issue is still being looked into but should be resolved in 24 hours. If you are still experience issues tomorrow, you will need to re-set your password and then you should be back up and running.

Thanks

Tracey

So in 24 hours, I'll be able to what... change my password online, without knowing my current password?  I bet I won't.

Have just received a call from someone who talked me through resetting my password online, so I'm finally able to check my eircom mail again after nearly a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Have just received a call from someone who talked me through resetting my password online, so I'm finally able to check my eircom mail again after nearly a week
    Ok, I'm glad to hear you are back up and running.

Sorry for the delays you have experienced.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement