Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheatus - The Village - Sept 10th

Options
  • 25-07-2013 8:43pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We're delighted to announce Wheatus will be playing The Village on Sept 10th. Ticket on sale Friday at 9am. More info here: http://thevillagevenue.com/wheatus

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭Endurance_man

They don't play mmmbop live anymore. Who would bother going

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

tour alot with mc lars/matht he band and mc frontalot, i'd go just to see any of them, do good duets with the support for dirtbag

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭gubber

Wheatus? They must be a bit strapped for cash these days....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

They don't play mmmbop live anymore.

Why would they ever have played that live?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

This show has now been moved to The Button Factory in case anyone from here is going and wasn't aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I walked by the Village yesterday and the ad was still up. Bit of a last minute move!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

No idea why it was moved, but it was announced on Monday just after lunch. Yeah pretty last minute though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

gubber wrote: »
    Wheatus? They must be a bit strapped for cash these days....

With only one hit, no surprises

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Caonima wrote: »
    With only one hit, no surprises

ah their cover of a little respect was pretty popular... I sat POPULAR, I didnt say good...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

ah their cover of a little respect was pretty popular... I sat POPULAR, I didnt say good...

Forgot about that.

They'll still be haunted by the ghost of that teenage arsebag song, though... :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

I really liked that cover.

I really wonder who was at this show, though. I was almost curious enough to buy a ticket just to see who would go see them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Heading to their gig on saturday in Kildare town . cant wait ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

That was one of the most fun, honest and happiest gigs I have ever been to.

The Button Factory was packed out too... seems I know plenty of Wheatus songs :D The crowd was a mixture of young, older, Dirtbags :P and after work crowd.

Would definately see them again given the chance.

Zwillinge wrote: »

The Button Factory was packed out too... seems I know plenty of Wheatus songs :D The crowd was a mixture of young, older, Dirtbags :P and after work crowd.

I can see them coming back for a proper tour next time id say . I would love if we got bands like that for Freshers Week/Rag Week etc for colleges although i know UL had them there last night . Cant wait for tomorrow night :)

Just back from their final gig in Kildare , such a great gig and so much fun . The fact they opened with "little respect" was great

Just back from their final gig in Kildare , such a great gig and so much fun . The fact they opened with "little respect" was great

Did they go out and say "Well, you paid for a ticket, what do you wanna hear? We don't do set lists" and when one guy asked for Leroy, they just went for it.

I thought that was just fantastic; complete interaction with the crowd :)

When they started Wannabe Gangster, even they said "Remember the video for that, with the alien? Man that sucked!" :D

And a One Direction cover :o:)

Some great memories from such a little gig!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

This thread has filled me with joy.

Wheatus (whoever is in the current incarnation) sound like thoroughly alright sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Zwillinge wrote: »

What is an "after work crowd"? Is it people who work in marketing,and turn up at a gig wearing their marketing work clothes, and try to be all edgy and cool? :confused::confused: or a bunch of plumbers or solicitors or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I was a big fan of the first album, and honestly was not expecting much from the gig. How wrong was was I? They where awesome, the no set lists line and taking peoples requests was brilliant, Mr Brown certainly knows what he is doing.

seachto7 wrote: »
    What is an "after work crowd"? Is it people who work in marketing,and turn up at a gig wearing their marketing work clothes, and try to be all edgy and cool? :confused::confused: or a bunch of plumbers or solicitors or what?

People with name tags and smiles on their faces :)
    Its hard for them to be dressed whatever way they wish, as they were in work, looking presentable with suits/ties etc and going straight to a gig.

Thats what I take it as anyway :)

Happens to me sure! I remember going to see Bell X1 in The Point (the things ya do for the person you're with at the time) and a woman searching my bag - it had lab coat, tags, presentation stuff and the like and she looked at me "Straight from work, eh?"

• Advertisement
Advertisement