Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional Draft Order

Options
  • 25-07-2013 9:08pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well gentlemen (and ladies) It has taken excel wizardry so complex that even BigBadRob would be proud.

So just to re-cap on the rules.
    Once you have played 32 games, you are in the primary draft order, players with less than this amount of games are in the secondary and as such will pick after the best player in the primary draft order.

There are more than 32 players who've played the franchise, however given some of them tend to disappear they have been excluded

Order is based off win/loss ratio, any ties are settled by conference record with the person with the worse record picking first.

In the case of a tie (and there is one) Where W/L ratio, Conf Record and play off results are the same... well I've asked Berty for some advice :pac:

So without further fluffing around...
    6. Padraic
    12. Helimachoptor
    28. Paully D

Just to be clear, this is a provisional draft order.
    Depending on results in the play offs and players who dont come back.

It will change

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

There is only three teams in there? I think it needs more fluffing around. :o :pac:
    In the case of a tie (and there is one) Where W/L ratio, Conf Record and play off results are the same... well I've asked Berty for some advice
    Could you do the Head to head record of the two teams involved?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

There is only three teams in there? I think it needs more fluffing around. :o :pac:

Could you do the Head to head record of the two teams involved?

Hmmm... trawling through the forum.. i can do that!

The teams havent played each other!
    Got a good idea from Berty

I may add one or 2 tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Well gentlemen (and ladies) It has taken excel wizardry so complex that even BigBadRob would be proud.

So just to re-cap on the rules.
    Once you have played 32 games, you are in the primary draft order, players with less than this amount of games are in the secondary and as such will pick after the best player in the primary draft order.

There are more than 32 players who've played the franchise, however given some of them tend to disappear they have been excluded

Order is based off win/loss ratio, any ties are settled by conference record with the person with the worse record picking first.

In the case of a tie (and there is one) Where W/L ratio, Conf Record and play off results are the same... well I've asked Berty for some advice :pac:

So without further fluffing around...
    6. Padraic
    12. Helimachoptor
    28. Paully D

Just to be clear, this is a provisional draft order.
    Depending on results in the play offs and players who dont come back.

It will change

YUUUUUUUUSSSSS!!!!!!
    how there are 5 worse human teams than me I'll never know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Am I the only one where the list is covered in black? Can't see anything! I was the raiders incase someone can see me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Am I the only one where the list is covered in black? Can't see anything! I was the raiders incase someone can see me

Just click on the black dude

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    YUUUUUUUUSSSSS!!!!!!

The ones in front are all fairly tight bar the number 1

You arent on the list, its spoilered, so you need to highlight it (wont work on a iphone)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    YUUUUUUUUSSSSS!!!!!!

Well i have to be one of them............hopefully :)

Well i have to be one of them............hopefully :)

Time will tell..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Time will tell..

Why did you have to say that, i'm like the guy in Dirty Harry now wondering how many shots he fired.

''I gots to know'' :mad:..........;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Are you ignoring CPU games? I know Rob had a spreadsheet with human games only. Need to make a note of which were CPU teams this season

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Are you ignoring CPU games? I know Rob had a spreadsheet with human games only. Need to make a note of which were CPU teams this season

Nope, it would need to have been done in the 3 seasons to be fair (something to do for M25 for sure)

Basically if you started in season 2 and played season 3, no results for your team in season 1 are counted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

But we had a record of the human games for the first 2 seasons.
    Don't understand your second comment, why are we ignoring season 1?

For me I had a load of wins this season due to a load of CPU games. Surely these shouldn't be included when deciding draft position. seasons 1 and 2 are amuch better reflection on how people played against human opponents anyway.

People with more human opponents will automatically get better picks.

Sorry thought you were on about something else.

I don't have the time to go and amend everyone results for CPU games, so it's easier to include them as my presumption is everyone probably had a near enough equal share and also, in 99/100 cases you're going to win, it everyone wins then your overall draft position is not going to be affected the teams above and below you will have beaten the CPU

But if you are in a division with 3 other humans it is a lot different than in a division with 2 or 3 CPU teams.

I'm not going to argue the point further but the draft order will be severely affected by the amount of human games.

I wouldn't have minded putting the time in to sort through a spreadsheet.

Anyway as long as the order is broadly correct it should be ok.

If you want to do it Adrian I've no issue with it, I just don't have the time to go back through the season at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

It's very difficult to track CPU games really. Even in the Pro I had to take notes every week as guys went on auto etc. I think of the draft is broadly right as Adrian says then that's good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Can u post the list without a spoiler as my stupid pad keeps zooming in and out

The list only contains 2 names - and neither are yours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Picking 28th as things stand, not as bad as I thought :) I might just be able to sneak one of the very last remaining half decent teams (ie, one with a workable QB or running game and/or some cap space) in that spot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

adrian522 wrote: »
    The list only contains 2 names - and neither are yours!!
    There's 3 isn't there? or am I going blind.
    pmd you the list mad

• Advertisement

Removed the spoiler tags for you guys on mobile and added 3 additional people in.

Again remember these are provisional.
    People are bunched quite tightly at certain draft ranges and a win or play off loss could move them up 1 or 2 spots...

3.madalig1
    6. Padraic
    12. Helimachoptor
    21. etloveslsd
    27. Berty
    28. Paully D

# 27 The Jets might even fall that far as they are going to be very poor in M25. I picked at #21 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Berty44 wrote: »
    # 27 The Jets might even fall that far as they are going to be very poor in M25. I picked at #21 last year.

You will definitely get them I think Berty.

Heli going with the Titans at #12 at yourself with the Jets at #27 are two of the dead certs of the draft :)

Paully D wrote: »
    You will definitely get them I think Berty.

Heli going with the Titans at #12 at yourself with the Jets at #27 are two of the dead certs of the draft :)
    Not sure sure. Dave ( the Dangerous one ) is a HUGE Jets fan and I am guessing he will be picking a couple of spots before me.

Not sure sure. Dave ( the Dangerous one ) is a HUGE Jets fan and I am guessing he will be picking a couple of spots before me.

Thought he wasn't playing next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

That's true I'm not playing next season , just playing one league and I've pipped for the PFL .

Will be sad not to take the Jets. Althought I Madden 25 will be a completely different team to GM / play with .

Although I would adore the Vikings in a Full proper franchise league .

That's true I'm not playing next season , just playing one league and I've pipped for the PFL .
    AND I hope meeting for pints is also included !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

AND I hope meeting for pints is also included !

I'm always down for a few pints ! Don't need to bribe people anymore either ! So cheaper as well !

With the confirmed passing of Dave... Lets take a look at the updated positions with a full reveal!

(slight amend to Padraics/helis position -read the row number and not the draft number so he moves up a spot)

Also, there is a lot riding on certain results in the playoffs, so again just a reminder this is provisional as some players may not come back.

Once the play offs are done, I'll stick the sheet up in google docs.

Player Draft Pick
    Caroller 1
    mikemac1 2
    madalig1 3
    NekoChan 4
    Padraic M 5
    Pudsy33 6
    guns4all 7
    gufc21 8
    Big Daddy Cool 9
    giffney1991 10
    Helimachoptor 11