Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional Draft Order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Also can't see 49ers getting out if the top 3!

So ravens certainly gone to mike
    Ali may take this improved 9ers...
    Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Carroller wrote: »
    I HAVE THE POWERRRRRR!!

Now it's payback by taking the team of certain people who destroyed me during the last season :D

Personally, I think you should pick the raiders....muhaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Also can't see 49ers getting out if the top 3!

So ravens certainly gone to mike
    Ali may take this improved 9ers...
    Hmmm

You should get a crystal ball and sit in an tent along a boardwalk...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Personally, I think you should pick the raiders....muhaha

Take the packers or Seahawks ,going to be awesome teams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I pretty much know who I want but how does it work? Like when do I pick do I just dibs a team now or wait til I get the game and choose?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Carroller wrote: »
    I pretty much know who I want but how does it work? Like when do I pick do I just dibs a team now or wait til I get the game and choose?
    Wait until the game and try out a few teams,with this new run mechanic you might change your mind

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mikey, just to round back on this
    Player Draft Pick W L Played Div. W Div. L Con. W Con. L Playoff W Playoff L Qualify? Win Ratio
    SantryRed 23 28 4 32 10 2 21 3 4 2 Y 84.21%
    MikeyT086 24 44 4 48 18 0 22 3 1 2 Y 88.24%

To put it simply (ignoring play offs for the moment)
    Ben could have won a max of 32 games, he won 28 (4 regular losses)
    You could have won a max of 48 games, you won 44 ( 4 regular losses)

Ben won 3 more play off games than you, so in essence he is 1 win away from being equal (simply speaking) however you'd also have a better conference record so would pick after him

Just find it odd that he's a way better player than I am and will be picking ahead of me. I should have thrown a few CPU games! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Just find it odd that he's a way better player than I am and will be picking ahead of me. I should have thrown a few CPU games! :pac:

I think this looks to be a case of you actually being punished for staying for three seasons. Would have thought that people who played the whole thing would of had priority. It was the only Reason I blundered through the last year anyway against all those CPU teams.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

gufc21 wrote: »
    I think this looks to be a case of you actually being punished for staying for three seasons. Would have thought that people who played the whole thing would of had priority. It was the only Reason I blundered through the last year anyway against all those CPU teams.

Not the case, if mikey had lost loads of games this season he'd be picking higher but he didnt.

Also, there needs to be some realism, 3 seasons playing 3 games in 14 days is a big commitment and sometimes for whatever reason you can't keep that up for a full year, 2 seasons is pretty good compromise.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Also using the fact Ben was only here for 2 seasons and Mikey for 3, ignoring mikeys play off run at the moment things would go out like this

W L Played Div. W Div. L Con. W Con. L Pts. Scored Pts. Conceded Playoff W Playoff L Qualify? Win Ratio
    SantryRed 23 28 4 32 10 2 21 3 1008 546 4 2 Y 84.21%
    MikeyT086 3 Seasons 24 44 4 48 18 0 22 3 1637 641 1 2 Y 88.24%
    Mikey 2 Seasons 29 3 32 12 0 15 2 1080 423 1 1 88.24%

while its not perfect, Ben would have to had won 2 more games in his regular seasons for him to be a "better" player and get a worse draft pick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Some team ratings I've seen from various videos, may help those considering these teams:

49ers 91
    Bengals 81
    Cardinals 74
    Chargers 73
    Chiefs 76
    Colts 83
    Cowboys 79
    Dolphins 78
    Eagles 76
    Falcons 86
    Giants 84
    Lions 76
    Jets 73
    Jaguars 72
    Patriots 88
    Panthers 76
    Packers 88
    Redskins 85

Titans should be around 78-80 I'd imagine

Pats and colts and Giants too high, fins, chiefs too low.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Colts arent too high I dont think/

Is anyone doing any mock drafts this year? I was thinking of doing one, but there's a few new people I haven't played in the league since I left last year so don't really know their styles of play etc, and when I was going through it I got to around 5 or 6 picks in before I realised I hadn't got a clue :pac:

Adrian I noticed you did one on the PFL forum, will you be doing one on Boards?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, might give it a go once the order is known..

Paully D wrote: »
    Some team ratings I've seen from various videos, may help those considering these teams:

49ers 91
    Bengals 81
    Cardinals 74
    Chargers 73
    Chiefs 76
    Colts 83
    Cowboys 79
    Dolphins 78
    Eagles 76
    Falcons 86
    Giants 84
    Lions 76
    Jets 73
    Jaguars 72
    Patriots 88
    Panthers 76
    Packers 88
    Redskins 85

A few more ratings I've seen:

Bears 85
    Raiders 72
    Rams 78
    Ravens 87
    Saints 82
    Seahawks 90
    Steelers 80
    Texans 84
    Titans 75 (sorry, Heli :))
    Vikings 81

Just posted on the PFL but that's ridiculous for the titans.

They started m13 at 76 and they got a good Wr and massively revamped line along with an improved run D yet they go down a point.

Hopefully once they smash the steelers in week one that will be rectified :)

Ravens and Raiders too high!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Lions 76 :(

• Advertisement

No fear of the Titans getting picked before my turn anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Or the Jets by the looks of things. They are really muck !

My only hope is after week 1,the Titans go up a notch or 2, will be interesting to see the ratings of the o-line

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

I've just realised, I'll be out of the country and more than likely w/out Internet for the first two weeks in September. Is there a schedule of events or when and how is the team picking taking place? Would I be able send a list of 13 teams in my preferred order to someone. :o

Ill stick it up later on Dave

Revised draft order.
    I've taken into account whos not coming back next year, though still waiting on some replies.
    Also I've included the results of the Packers/Giants game, however it hasnt led to a change in draft position for either team.

Player Draft Pick
    Caroller 1
    mikemac1 2
    madalig1 3
    NekoChan 4
    Padraic M 5
    Pudsy33 6
    guns4all 7
    gufc21 8
    Rock Lesnar 9
    giffney1991 10
    Helimachoptor 11
    LukeBray/gatsby 12
    daftdave 13
    notyalc666 14
    Adrian522 15
    empacher 16
    PerrinV2 17
    Raoul 18
    Nelbert 19
    TheOneAdlum 20
    SantryRed 21
    MikeyT086 22
    Berty44 23
    PaullyD 24
    Nerd69 25
    Paddy31 26
    HowAreWe 27

Updated
    Player Draft Pick
    Caroller 1
    mikemac1 2
    madalig1 3
    NekoChan 4
    Padraic M 5
    Pudsy33 6
    guns4all 7
    gufc21 8
    Rock Lesnar 9
    giffney1991 10
    Helimachoptor 11
    LukeBray/gatsby 12
    daftdave 13
    Adrian522 14
    empacher 15
    PerrinV2 16
    Raoul 17
    Nelbert 18
    TheOneAdlum 19
    SantryRed 20
    MikeyT086 21
    Berty44 22
    PaullyD 23
    Nerd69 24
    Paddy31 25
    HowAreWe 26

With the few drop outs, we'll have 8-12 CPU teams if we dont get replacements.

With the few drop outs, we'll have 8-12 CPU teams if we dont get replacements.

On the plus side, my draft pick seems to be getting higher by the hour :pac:

Would any of the PFL lads play, Heli? It would be a shame if we have so many CPU teams.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    On the plus side, my draft pick seems to be getting higher by the hour :pac:

Would any of the PFL lads play, Heli? It would be a shame if we have so many CPU teams.

Yeah i may send an invite across to them once we have a final number.
    However if that Ultra chap comes over, i'm packing up by bags and never playing again!

Advertisement