Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional Draft Order

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

A few guys have the game from the american football forum,I definately know of 1 guy on my friend list who plays from that forum,might send him a pm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah I'll get a thread up there and see what interest we can get

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If the 2 Irish lads Evo and Ultra come over to play from PFL I'm off. I can't get anywhere near them when I am unfortunate enough to play them! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Chickens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    If the 2 Irish lads Evo and Ultra come over to play from PFL I'm off. I can't get anywhere near them when I am unfortunate enough to play them! :pac:

How good are these guys. This being my only league. I see berty and ben as the top dogs. I'd like to think I can beat anyone else, on any given Sunday. I'm a very optimistic person ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ultra has won every league he's in on the PFl as far as I know. Ben has beaten him 3 times ( 2 SB finals and a cup final)

Berty, Ben and those guys would be of a similar skill level and their games are generally decided on 1 mistake or a bit of luck!

Player Draft Pick
    Caroller 1
    mikemac1 2
    madalig1 3
    Padraic M 4
    Pudsy33 5
    guns4all 6
    gufc21 7
    Rock Lesnar 8
    giffney1991 9
    Helimachoptor 10
    LukeBray/gatsby 11
    daftdave 12
    Adrian522 13
    empacher 14
    PerrinV2 15
    Raoul 16
    Nelbert 17
    TheOneAdlum 18
    SantryRed 19
    MikeyT086 20
    Berty44 21
    PaullyD 22
    Nerd69 23
    Paddy31 24
    HowAreWe 25

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd imagine we'd get 7 or 8 new players once the game comes out and the new season gets underway.

We need to be wary of players who have joined in previous years only to drop out soon afterwards but no harm done I guess as long as they are picking at the end.

To be honest I wouldn't hit up Maddenpfl for members, I think it would be better to try and get boards members to fill the league as much as possible as they are much more likely to be active on the forum...

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'd imagine we'd get 7 or 8 new players once the game comes out and the new season gets underway.

We need to be wary of players who have joined in previous years only to drop out soon afterwards but no harm done I guess as long as they are picking at the end.

To be honest I wouldn't hit up Maddenpfl for members, I think it would be better to try and get boards members to fill the league as much as possible as they are much more likely to be active on the forum...

Indeed, one has already been excluded due to the pattern of behaviour.

I'm just about to post on the AF forum actually..

Neko isnt returning so this moves a lot of people up 1 spot.

I'm still waiting on a couple of replies

• Advertisement

Ok, the draft order is pretty much finalised.
    Im waiting on 3 replies however for the most part 2 of those are in the last 3 picking.

Even if mikey wins the SB, his position wont change and Dave isnt coming back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Same spot in the Pro and this. Unlucky 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

adrian522 wrote: »
    Same spot in the Pro and this. Unlucky 13.
    If one more person drops out I will be the same !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Gufc21 just posted he won't be back for the 1st season, how does that affect the draft so?

Ben is also not coming back so ill update the list when I get to work

Final draft order with the drop outs and the 1 new player.

Player Draft Pick
    Caroller 1
    mikemac1 2
    madalig1 3
    Padraic M 4
    Pudsy33 5
    guns4all 6
    Rock Lesnar 7
    giffney1991 8
    Helimachoptor 9
    LukeBray/gatsby 10
    daftdave 11
    Adrian522 12
    empacher 13
    PerrinV2 14
    Raoul 15
    Nelbert 16
    TheOneAdlum 17
    MikeyT086 18
    Berty44 19
    PaullyD 20
    Paddy31 21
    HowAreWe 22
    steytyrrell 23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

With 49ers,ravens,Seahawks probably going at 1,2,3 have finally narrowed it down to my top 3 picks to go at pick 4! All of them can run the option.. 1 is a top 5 team, others probably a top 10....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Everyone ready for the draft on Thursday? I have 2 teams I'd really like. Hopefully one of them at least will be there at #20, but I better get testing out other teams during the week just in case.

Yep, I'm ready.
    I have a few teams i'm interested in picking.
    The Titans obviously, however i'd also be keen to have a go with a team with an elite QB (for a change) but it should be a good couple of days once the picks start rolling in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Forget thursday, its to far away, Lets do it Today :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ive played a couple of games online and I'm only interested in 1 team and if i dont get them i dont know what i'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Played 3 games last night with packers online and Rodgers got seriously injured every game....

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Played 3 games last night with packers online and Rodgers got seriously injured every game....

Yeah its really nuts tbh, and the injuries are generally pretty serious, so its not like its a week off, in a lot fo cases youre losing someone for half a season or more

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yep, I'm ready.
    I have a few teams i'm interested in picking.
    The Titans obviously, however i'd also be keen to have a go with a team with an elite QB (for a change) but it should be a good couple of days once the picks start rolling in

Yeah I'm looking forward to it, and we also have the NFL opener on Thursday night so football fever will really be back :D

What's the plan for the draft Heli? One thread for picks and another thread for discussion?

Paully D wrote: »
    Yeah I'm looking forward to it, and we also have the NFL opener on Thursday night so football fever will really be back :D

What's the plan for the draft Heli? One thread for picks and another thread for discussion?

Yeah thats it Paully, same as the Pro on the PFL. It worked pretty well there and got plenty of discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

With these injuries option play could be really dangerous, maybe teams with a good back up qb is the way to go.

madalig12 wrote: »
    With these injuries option play could be really dangerous, maybe teams with a good back up qb is the way to go.

Given most QB Backups arent that good, I could see teams with mobile QBs sign up a couple of spares

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I only get injuries when I play the 49ers. It seems hit power is what causes injuries, and the 49ers are stacked with heavy hitters. Twice I've lost Russell Wilson to a broken jaw against the 9ers.

As for the draft, I really don't have a particular team in mind at #18, purely because I don't know how the 17 before me will pick. When it gets to about pick 12 I'll give it some serious thought and make an order of preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Hey guys sorry for my inactivity E.P pretty much took up all my time lately.

Have no idea who I'm going to pick, obviously vikes if they're still around but at 22, doubt it this year...
    Still need to pick up my copy, hopefully it won't be sold out everywhere.

• Advertisement

Updated with our newest player gilberto
    Player Draft Pick
    Caroller 1
    mikemac1 2
    madalig1 3
    Padraic M 4
    Pudsy33 5
    guns4all 6
    Rock Lesnar 7
    giffney1991 8
    Helimachoptor 9
    LukeBray/gatsby 10