Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New startup

Options
  • 25-07-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I apologise for the newbie-ness of these questions but I can't seem to find the right answers anywhere.

First off, I am about to set up a new business for myself. I have a number of questions:

1 - It'll be a limited company. When registering with the CRO do I need to have the world LIMITED in the business title?

2 - I currently work for another company and they own my intellectual property. I can't leave the company for another 12-18 months. Is there a way I can go about setting up the company but not in my name or is there a way around owning my own intellectual property?

3 - How should I divvy up shares if I set the company up in someone else's name? Do I make them a director with 1% shares and make myself majority shareholder or how do I go about it?

Thanks in advance. I realise there is a raft of info online about these tings but it's not always very clear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

I think your better of contacting some of the company formation agents with your queries. They should be able to answer your questions and help you out over the phone. Most of them charge €250 to form a company which may seem like a lot but when if you were to try and do it yourself and mess things up it may be relatively small. I use www.omnipro.ie and they usually can have a company set up in a week.

Advertisement