Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I.T. Jobs

Options
  • 25-07-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am hopefully going to be heading to college next year and want to do something to do with computers, not sure which area yet. My main goal is to get a degree and get out of Ireland, Canada is where I want to go, it seems like a god fit for me. Just wondering is there many I.T. Jobs in Canada and if so what specific area of I.T. would be helpful to me, getting a visa, getting a job. Etc. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

It would be a really bad idea to choose what to do in College this way.
    There is a high chance you will end up doing something you hate.

Do what you enjoy, every branch of IT is pretty in demand in Canada at the moment but we are talking 4 years down the road before you have your degree, an awful lot can happen in that time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

It would be a really bad idea to choose what to do in College this way.
    There is a high chance you will end up doing something you hate.

Do what you enjoy, every branch of IT is pretty in demand in Canada at the moment but we are talking 4 years down the road before you have your degree, an awful lot can happen in that time

Of course I wasn't going to choose based on just this I was just going to take it under consideration, like you said 4 years is a long time and things could very well change by then. Thanks for your post.

Anyways if you are an operatioons guy, VCP is sought after over here and good money for it too

Anyways if you are an operatioons guy, VCP is sought after over here and good money for it too

Thanks I'll look into that, there seems to be so many options and fields when it comes to I.T. I am just finding it really hard to pick an area. Oh and I'm a girl :)

• Advertisement

Sorry about that.
    If dev is your thing there are a few games companies in vancouver worth checking out
    The Oil and gas fields are good for operations stuff as well.
    I was offered silly money to work support in a Potash mine (3 x what i am on now)

Sorry about that.
    If dev is your thing there are a few games companies in vancouver worth checking out
    The Oil and gas fields are good for operations stuff as well.
    I was offered silly money to work support in a Potash mine (3 x what i am on now)

Good stuff thanks for all the help, game dev is something I might be interested in but I will probably end up doing something broader atleast to start out with to give myself more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Hi

Ill be graduating with a degree in Software Development and hoping to emigrate to Canada for a few years.

I have no clue what part to move to so is there anyone in IT that could recommend a place to move for a graduate.

Thanks

Advertisement